Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Rooms!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Amazing service and friendly staff....great breakfasts buffet, love the cleanness of the hotel in general. they have a shuttle services that took you from/o Airport and metro station by the Mall in the city, this was really convenience for us...will visit this hotel again :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. It is rewarding to read that you experienced such friendly service and had a great stay. I appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel as the housekeeping staff works very hard to offer this experience to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We hope you return soon so we can work hard to exceed your expectations again. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Hebrew first
Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. Check in was fast and room was clean. Bed was large and comfortable. Breakfast was fine compared to standard American hotels. In the evening there was free beverages and snacks. The shuttle to Pentagon City subway station drops you in front of a large mall, which is good for shopping.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review. It is nice to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. I am glad to see you took advantage of the many amenities that come with staying at an Embassy Suites. We are fortunate to be so close to the mall & the Metro that all guests have the option of walking the four blocks or taking the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon so we can work hard to exceed your expectations again. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Embassy Suites are generally excellent. The physical plant of this hotel was as expected - spacious, clean, lots of amenities.

However, don't stay in room 209.

Our stay was marred by a FREEZING COLD bedroom. It was at least 10 degrees colder in the bedroom than in the living room. It was impossible to stand barefoot in the bathroom because the floor was so cold. These problems persisted even after calling maintenance for help - we had the living room toasty warm, and it was still freezing cold in the bedroom.

Closer inspection showed that our room was located directly above the truck loading dock - explaining the freezing cold floors, walls and rooms.

Since it was 1030 pm and our children were settled in for bed, switching rooms was not an option. We huddled under extra blankets and put up with the inconvenience.

On your visit, review a room map with the manager - choose a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry that your suite was so cold and understand why it would be upsetting. I wish a room change had been an option so you could have had a more enjoyable stay. Once again, I am truly sorry that you were cold.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon so we can offer a much better experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic property, wonderful staff especially the front desk.especial thanks to "abdulla" who was wonderful and very helpful toward information and details. Ive checked in less than 10 minutes. Shame on hilton group though keeping the property with all these old finishings and bathrooms which needs immediate replacements. While heaters and a/c is total another mess. A very nice technician came over trying to fix the a/c but didn't work then they change the room for us where the heater was fine but the water wasn't getting warm and we had to take cold shower in january!!

Pros:
Front desk employees"abdulla"
Space
Microwave in the room
Make to order omelette station
Complimentary social hour with crackers/bread/dippings/drinks/ pop corn was really nice
Lobby is very nice

Cons:
Worn out suites
Very small and limited gem
Limited variety breakfast
Too expensive parking(26$) and slow internet for (12$)

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad you liked the property so much and appreciate you mentioning Abdulla so he can be recognized for his efforts. I am sorry you were disappointed with the furnishing of the bathroom. We review upcoming projects with our owners regularly and I will share your comments with them.

I can understand why it would be frustrating not to be able to have the air conditioner work followed by the hot water. I am very sorry that you had this experience. I hope that based on the many other reviews, the readers of this review will realize this is typically not the case for our guests.

I appreciate you breaking your stay into pros and cons. It is very surprising to read that you felt there is a limited variety with the breakfast as we get the exact opposite comment quite often. The breakfast offers pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, breads, yogurt, fruit, cooked to order omelets, cereal, coffee, juices, and more. Please let me know what you were looking for so we can try to be sure to have it should you return. I can understand why the parking charge may seem high if you come from an area that does not charge, but it actually is right in line with other Arlington hotels and well below the hotel parking charges in Washington DC. I am sorry that you felt the Internet moves slowly. It may have been a bad router and I appreciate you letting us know so we can look into this.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. Once again, I do apologize for the challenges you experienced. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

So the family and I decided to do a quick trip to Washington DC between Christmas and New Years. We picked this hotel based on price, being a Hilton brand, suite versus hotel room and proximity to the Metro and Airport. The hotel has a shuttle to pick you up at Ronald Reagan airport with a quick call to the front desk and we were instructed where to pick up the shuttle. Remember it was Christmas night at 7:30p when we arrived, we didn't wait long and it was great the Airport had a Dunkin Donuts near the gates to keep the kids happy.

Once we arrived at the Embassy Suite, the front desk staff was very helpful and checked us in quickly, there were luggage carts but no bell staff. I believe because I was HiltonHhonors Diamond they upgraded us to the "Presidential Suite" Room 1113. This is the top floor, the suite had two bedrooms, one with double beds the other with a King, each with their own bathroom. The suite also had a living/dining room with a small frig, microwave, and bar sink. Depending on the time of the day some road noise can be heard from below but we all slept through it.

As we were arriving on Christmas Day I had contacted Kevin Feldman a few weeks prior about the accommodations and a place to grab dinner when we arrived. Kevin was extremely helpful and pointed us to the Crystal City Sports Pub for Dinner (I enjoyed my Crab Cakes) as they were open late on Christmas. In addition, as it was Christmas they let the shuttle staff leave while we were checking in, when I called down the front desk said they would get us a cab, which they did and there was no cost to us.

The next morning was quiet but the breakfast buffet was in full swing, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, oatmeal, pancakes and French toast, as well as cooked to order eggs, juices and pastries, enough to go around and enough variety for the week's stay. The young lady making the cooked to order eggs made me a fantastic egg white omelet on more than one occasion. I will warn you of one thing on the holidays/weekends it does get busy, there is a sign in the elevators that gives a good suggestion of when to go down and eat (between 7-8am was slowest) because it can be a mad house after 9:30a

For our first day we used the shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro Station leaving every half hour.
Upon return we usually walked back or went to the Crystal City Station and walked from there. (Use the tunnel in the Marriott to access the Crystal City Shops and Metro Station)
By the way even with the Metro we averaged 10 miles a day of walking.

The room was quite large and very comfortable for the four of us and could easily hold 6 no problem. The room was clean and orderly, we asked for more towels and it was no problem.
Our room was cleaned each day while we were out.

The pool was open nightly from 5pm to 10pm with a Life Guard, which was a nice bonus, they do limit the pool occupants but we never waited, just knocked on the locked door and were granted access. With 25 people in the small pool I can understand the need for a limit.
Of note: I went to the pool with my 2yo and 8yo, the 2yo swims very well without floats but when I was taking off my shoes she got close to the edge the lifeguard dropped what he was doing and went to check/stop her. <Thank You>

Overall I will give the Embassy Suites an excellent rating and would recommend the location for families as well as those doing business around the Pentagon.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor or the west side of the Embassy Suites
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your detailed review so others can benefit from your experience. It looks like you did your research prior to coming to the area and I am so glad you chose to stay with us.

Being the hotel is an all suite property, there are few upgrade opportunities so I am glad there was one offered to you. The presidential suite is unique as it offers two living rooms that share a large living room area.

We always appreciate when a guest calls us ahead of time so we can try to meet any specific requests. We were happy to provide you dining options that were family friendly and open on Christmas Eve. The Sports pub is popular as the menu offers so many options and large portions.

I am glad you enjoyed breakfast. We provide the signs to help guests that prefer a quieter breakfast to know when it is best to enjoy the breakfast. Many guests sleep in until the last 45 minutes which is why the crowd is much bigger at that time.

No doubt that comfortable walking shoes are needed when touring Washington DC. Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking the 4 blocks to the Metro or enjoying the complimentary shuttle. We find many walk to the Metro in the morning, but are too tired and prefer the shuttle in the afternoon.

Your comment on the clean suite is appreciated as the staff works so hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests. I am glad the lifeguard was responsive to your needs and helped keep everyone safe. Your comments will be passed on to the pool operator so the guard can be recognized for his efforts.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope your return soon and if so please know we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We chose this establishment for a last minute family vacation before Christmas. It had a great location to Washington D.C., where we wanted to tour. Free shuttle to the Metro/Mall, which the distance could be easily walked to if needed. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best of all the hotel stays we've had in the past. The manager reception in the evenings was an unexpected addition to our stay. The suite we had was clean and spacious, as advertised. The beds were comfortable and the staff friendly. The hotel provided lifeguards at the pool, which was also unexpected. One of the lifeguards was especially helpful to our son whom does not yet know how to swim via providing a lifejacket to swim with. If in the area again, would definitely try to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is so nice to read that you had such a fantastic visit. We are fortunate to be so close to Washington DC as this allows us to offer our guests a DC experience, without the DC prices.

I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and evening reception. The breakfast offers so many options to fuel up for a long day of touring while the evening reception is a nice place to unwind and talk about all that you experienced.

Your comment that your suite was clean and comfortable is appreciated. The pool is operated by an outside company, but your comment will be passed to them so the lifeguard can be recognized for his/her efforts.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Virginia Beach, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very nice hotel each time we stay here. Their evening reception snacks are bland though. Also they have started charging parking fees if you park out front of the hotel. This is something they never did. Good rate and I will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you returning and please know we will work hard to offer you a great experience each time. The snacks offered at the evening reception are set by the Embassy Suites brand, not the hotel. The goal is provide consistency at each hotel. However, if you or anyone has a suggestion on an item(s) that you think will enhance the experience please let me know. I am happy to pass it on as many times changes are made due to guest feedback. Please keep in mind the reception is not meant to be a substitute for dinner so snack foods are offered. We currently roate through lite snacks such as bar mix snacks, veggie/cheese dips, and popcorn.

As long as I have been here, which is ten years, we have charged to park in both the garage and on ther surface lot. It would not make sense to charge the guests that park in the garage, but not the ones that park in the lot. The surface lot really is for vehicles that do not fit in the garage. I am sorry that the fee upset you, but please know it is very common in this area as I do not know of any hotels that do not charge for parking.