Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had not been in an Embassy Suites since the late 90's and things haven't changed for this place since then. The outside as well as inside need to be updated. But to be totally honest, the same applies to all the hotels in this area.

The bathroom does not have a fan, there is a square cut off and replaced on the ceiling (probably where the fan was). But there was another cutting in the ceiling right outside the bathroom.

The rooms are nice and big and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Opinionmia
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review. The one attribute of the Embassy Suites brand I hear more than any other is consistency. Many guests really enjoy that the look and feel of the Embassy Suites has not changed over time and the awesome complimentary amenities are still being offered. The product offered in our suites has been updated many times since the 90's, but I am sorry that you were not happy with your suite accommodations. I do want to let you know that our atrium area will be going under an extensive redesign early next year and will have a brand new look when it reopens. I do hope you come back to enjoy it.

I appreciate you letting us know of the cut out in the ceiling. I am sorry this was not visually appealing and will share this with the Director of Property Operations so it can be addressed.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your review. We hope you return soon and we will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Jennifer Geiger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,829)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Some rooms must be better than others....but not my room. Perfect spot to hear the loud road noise from the cars passing all evening. Add to that the cold air blew all night making it miserable. The managers reception was a disappointing chips and salsa, pita and hummus. Other hotels in the area have real food. No waffle maker for breakfast, although others enjoyed the eggs to order. Parking fee was similar to other hotels. Walking distance to pentagon and pentagon mall.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry that you had a challenge with the road noise. It is not a complaint we hear often, but we are glad to try and assist light sleepers by placing them in other areas of the hotel. In the future, please let us know of challenges while you are here so we can try to make it right either by looking into the cold air or offering a different suite to you.

The Evening Reception is not meant to be a substitute for dinner. It is lite snacks to enjoy with your complimentary alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. The choice of what to offer is actually set by the Embassy Suites Brand, not individual hotels. We do change the offerings to mix it up between chips/salsa to veggies, cheese, and dip.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at any time. He will be very happy to assist in anyway he can.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arlington for a conference. Upon entering I found the hotel to be a bit dim and dreary. And it had nothing to do with the weather. The lobby looked worn. The furniture was dirty and unkept. There were a measly 2 or 3 bruised bananas left in the bowl at the reception desk along with apples that had seen better days. Not a good start at all. And for $226/night this was not what I expected. When I got the room, things started looking up. It reminded me of one of the reasons I usually like Embassy Suites and that is that the extra room is truly the "suite" part of the deal. There is so much space! And it is really set up well for someone traveling on business. Then you add in the free breakfast and everything really takes a better turn. This is not just a continental breakfast - this is a smorgasbord of pancakes, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, grits and even an omelette station. Its downright delightful to wake up and run downstairs to eat. Lastly, everyday they have a Manager's reception that has a few appetizers which are nothing to write home about - but wait, they also have FREE beer and wine. You read that correctly - its free from 5:30-7:30. That is really all that needs to be said. My work here is done. Book the Embassy Suites wherever you go for work and you will not be sad you did.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry that your first impression of the hotel was not a positive one. Many guests really enjoy the lobby area and find it to be inviting, but I apologize this was not the case for you. The Director of Front Office will remind the staff that the fruit put out for our guests should be appealing and not bruised. This is typically the case, but apparently not on the day of your arrival.

It is great to read that we rebounded nicely and you went on to have a nice stay experience. You are correct that the suite offers a much more spacious and comfortable stay than a standard hotel room does. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception do make the value of an Embassy Suites almost unbeatable. I am glad you enjoyed both of these amenities.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and we will work harder at offering you a better welcome. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at any time. He will be very happy to assist in anyway he can.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Attended a seminar at Ritz Carlton. Free shuttle service to front door of Ritz (also location of Metro station and Mall). Very convenient. Free shuttle to and from the airport. Free shuttle service on-call to/from local restaurants. Great accommodations. Complimentary cooked breakfast each morning and manager's reception each night saved a lot in eating expenses.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing to share your experience. We are so honored that you chose to stay with us even though your function was at the Ritz. While most hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle to/from the Airport and/or the Metro, we are one of the few that also offer an "upon request" shuttle that goes anywhere within Crystal City. This makes getting to some of the many restaurants, offices, and other locations very simple.

You are correct that the value of the Embassy Suites is very tough to beat being all guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning and evening reception. I like to remind potential guests when comparing another hotel brands rates with an Embassy Suites rate be sure to add to the other hotel's rate the cost of breakfast per person (typically $16 - $20 per person), the cost of 2 cocktails ($8 - $12 per person) and the upgrade to a suite ($20 - $30). Then you can clearly see the excellent value an Embassy Suites rate offers in comparison. It is nice to read that you found value in staying with us.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com at 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location. It is in walking distance to both Pentagon and Crystal City metros, had reliable shuttle services, a great breakfast, spacious suite... My 6 year old was very impressed. It was just what we were looking for. Would definitely consider this hotel again when visitng the DC area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for choosing to post your review. I am so glad you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs. We are fortunate to be so close to multiple Metro stations, the Pentagon, a major shopping mall, Washington DC, many restaurant options, and much more. While a lot of what I mentioned is walkable from the hotel, many of our guests take advantage of the complimentary shuttle.

I am glad you enjoyed your suite and the complimentary breakfast. As a parent myself, I know how tough it can be to impress a 6 year old as they are so honest about their observations, so it is rewarding to read that yours had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

All in all, a very nice hotel. Check in is fast, and the common areas are spotless, and inviting. The staff are great, any thing they can do to help is no problem. The room is standard Embassy Suites, large, clean and functional. The 2 large TV's are a definite plus. The nightly "managers reception" is also standard, with a few, (very few) munchies and a decent open bar. The breakfast is great, even the buffet is above most others, and the cooked to order food is great.

The only draw back is the address. Try to find Jefferson Davis Highway, and you will drive in circles for hours, there just ain't no such thing. The actual address is on Ebbs Street, (I think that is right), and being tucked off the main street with a small sign, it is easy to miss. Other than that, not a problem at all going back there.

$26.00 per night to park also hurts, but in that area, fairly standard.

1  Thank Justaguy061
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay. We understand that after a long day of travel that our guests want a quick and simple check in. It is nice to read that this was your experience. Your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel is appreciated as our housekeeping staff works very hard to offer this same perception to all of our guests.

It is rewarding to read the kind things you wrote about the staff. Our goal is to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay experience, leaves happy, and wants to return. I am glad this was met with you. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception definitely add value to our guests stay. it is a great way to start the day and evening.

Our actual address (for GPS purposes) is 1402 S. Eads Street - Arlington, VA 22202. Your tip is a great one for our incoming guests to have. We do have the GPS address all over our directions section of our website to help ensure no one gets frustrated when coming to visit.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope you return soon and please know that we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Plan to use this hotel for Crystal City business trips. Great staff and good location. We stayed here for the Marine Corps Marathon. Did not get caught in any of the event traffic post race. Was close enough to walk to start and walk back from finish. Family was able to see me run at three different locations easily walkable from hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience so others can benefit. It is so nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We really enjoy welcoming back the participants in the marathon year after year as many choose to stay with us each year. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your needs and it enabled you to avoid the congestion of the post-race rush to leave town.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. It is great to read that you will be back with us when you return to town for business. Please know that we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.