Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
NY
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I can't say enough nice things about this place. We were there for sightseeing and our anniversary. Hyun Ji at the front desk was sweet and sent a bottle of champagne to our room along with some fruit and cheese to help celebrate our occasion. The whole front desk even signed an anniversary card for us. This hotel offer a great complementary breakfast with everything you could want to eat and a manager cocktail hr in the evening with free snacks and drinks, even alcohol drinks, unbelievable. Everybody at the hotel was friendly and we also went swimming which was fun. The pool is a decent size. This hotel offer a free shuttle to the airport or to the mall which is a few blocks away. At the mall you can shop, eat or pick up the yellow or blue line trains into DC. This is a great place to stay and we will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing to spend your anniversary with us. Hyunji is always looking for ways to exceed a guest's expectations and it is nice to read she achieved this goal with you.

The complimentary breakfast and Manager's Reception is what makes Embassy Suites an almost unbeatable value. I am glad you enjoyed these amenities as well as the pool. It looks like you had a fantastic stay experience.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to your return and will work just as hard to ensure you have another fantastic stay. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

It appears some of the Hilton Family Franchises are reducing their amenities and percs for "Rewards Members" and general public. As a Diamond Member you notice the newspaper outside your door and refreshing welcome package have been eliminated or reduced to a bottle of water.

This hotel is down the street from the Pentagon. It is quiet and clean. Sadly the signature breakfast is a dissapointment. All the coffee urns were empty. The omlet looked like my eight year old made it and the potatoes and sausage were cold. Settled for a yogurt and English muffin. Although I have stayed here in the past, I may try the Marriot down the street on my next visit.

The property has potential, just needs management !

Room Tip: The higher room are the quietest, as yo are further away from the atrium.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tscm
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I will pass your comment about the HHonors amenity program to the HHonors team at Hilton Worldwide. As you most likely know, those are not hotel decisions. Delivering a paper to the room was for all guests, not just HHonors members. Actually, the decision to stop the USA Today Delivery to the rooms was made after many of our guests commented it was not necessary. There were days we would end up throwing away more unread papers than read papers. I am like you and enjoy a paper delivered each morning, but so many people now get their news online that the papers would remain on the floor until Housekeeping picked them up when cleaning the suite. We still have the USA Todays available in the lobby for those that prefer to have one.

I appreciate you mentioning the suite being quiet and clean as the staff works hard to offer this experience to all of our guests. My apologies to you that you did not enjoy the breakfast. We realize how important the complimentary breakfast is to all of our guests so it is disappointing to read we let you down. While the large majority of our guests enjoy the breakfast, the Director of Food & Beverage will be sharing your comments with his team so this type of experience is not repeated. Again, I am sorry you did not enjoy the breakfast.

Thank you again for your review. Being you have stayed here in the past, I hope you will realize that your most recent breakfast experience is not typical and will reconsider your decision not to return. We take your comments very seriously and will use them to help us improve. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you are hoping for a customer service experience that will knock your socks off, this is not the hotel to stay at. The facility itself is fine, but it takes the full package to have a great vacation experience and it was not there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Joseph B
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that the service level did not meet or exceed your expectations. Hopefully you will contact me with me details so I can better address your concerns. We understand ultimately it is customer service that will set us apart from other hotels and I am sorry we let you down.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was not aware of the Embassy Suites product but booked here on the advice of a local. The rooms are in fact a suite comprising a kitchenette/living area with tea/coffee making facilities, fridge and microwave and a good size bedroom and bathroom.

As mentioned by other reviewers there is a free buffet breakfast 7am/10am daily and a Manager's Reception daily at 5.30pm. Breakfast was excellent on all 3 mornings I stayed - no long lines and the food was replenished when required. Attended Manager's Reception on the first day and it is a nice little touch.

Location is excellent with a fee shuttle to local attractions.

Rooms are quiet AND the bathroom has a real hairdryer !

All in all I was very happy with my stay and got a very good rate for an advance reservation. Didn't try the pool so can't comment on that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to post a review. The Embassy Suites product is unique and offers great value to all guests. I am so glad you were made aware of the brand, its amenities, and chose to stay with us. We hare honored to be your first Embassy Suites experience.

The complimentary shuttle to the Metro and Airport is a convenience to our guests. Unlike other hotels in the area, we also offer a complimentary shuttle to any point within Crystal City. This makes getting around to shop, relax, or dine very simple for our guests.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed the suite (and hairdryer). Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon as we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Fort Mill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A positive experience. Check in was smooth and efficient. Found out if you book on Orbitz, you do not get your Hilton Honors points for the stay. Not happy about that. Room was very nice. Clean and quiet except on trash day. Request a room on 7 or above to eliminate street noise. Great drinks and munches every evening and full breakfast including made to order omelettes. Quiet neighborhood with a lot of high rise condominiums around the Hotel. Easy walk to rapid transit (bus or subway). Also same short walk to a gigundos mall with anything you may need. Two minor negatives: $28 a day to park your car underground at the Hotel, our bathroom sink drained v e r y. S l o w l y.

Room Tip: Higher floors to eliminate any street noise. Elevators are a little slow so floor 7-9 are best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience. Yes, HHonors is a loyalty program and on a lot of 3rd party sites you do not choose your hotel, one is assigned based on price request. Unfortunately, the hotels do not have any option to add points for stays made on sites that the HHonors Program does not offer them. It is a decision made by Hilton Worldwide as part of the Hilton Honors program. I am sorry that disappointed you.

It is nice of you to mention that your suite was clean as the housekeepers work hard to offer this same experience to each guest. While we do not receive many complaints about the street noise, i am sure many readers will appreciate your tip.

The breakfast is a great way to fuel up for a tough day of touring DC and the Manager's Reception is an excellent way to wind down afterwards. I am happy to read you enjoyed both daily amenities. Many of our guests enjoy the option of walking to the Metro & Mall or taking the complimentary shuttle. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your needs.

Parking is $26 a day and is in line with other area hotels, but well below hotels inside the District. I am unaware of any Crystal City, Alexandria, or DC hotels that do not charge for parking. We do list the charge on our website and on our email confirmations to try and avoid anyone being surprised. I am sorry that the drain was slow and wish you let us know. An Engineer gladly would have corrected that.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Middletown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Everything was okay, just got there on a weekend when there were class reunions and weddings going on. We at dinner there Friday on the limited and expensive menu. But the breakfast free buffet was great.

Room Tip: A higher room might be less noisy, but then have to worry about airplane noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience. The summer months bring a lot of reunions and weddings to the area, but I hope you were still able to enjoy your vacation. The Director of Food & Beverage is working a new menu and often makes changes based on guest suggestions. Please give some feedback on what you would like to see on the menu. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Embassy Suites are great with the two room accommodations that provides space and some family separation that permits different bed times. The breakfast and receptions were welcoming and great money savers for the trip. This hotel was a short walk to the Metro station. The only downside is that the pool is a little small and can get crowded.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for posting a review so others can benefit from your experience. The suite is so much better than a standard hotel room for all guests, but especially those traveling with kids. You are correct that the door closing off the living room to the bedroom makes it very convenient after the kids go to bed. I am glad you found the suite layout to be helpful in making your visit a nicer experience.

Where else can you go to have a breakfast buffet with a cooked to order omelet station complimentary? It is such a nice way to start the morning and it is nice to read you enjoyed it. Similarly, there are few places to go that you can enjoy some adult beverages (or sodas) completely complimentary for two hours. You are absolutely correct that this adds great value to your stay. The pool is very popular, especially in the summer months through Labor Day, but I hope despite the crowd that your family could enjoy some time in the water.