“WOW! What a great value!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I took my teenage sons to Washington DC for the first time and we decided to stay here. I could not have made a better decision! Everything about this hotel was fantastic: the room, the service, and the location. Overall, it was a great value.

I will confess that when I first pulled into the hotel and saw the sketchy motel next door and the warehouse across the street, I was a little worried. But that faded as soon as I passed over the ES threshold.

The staff were very nice and we got into our super clean and nice room early. Our room was a one bedroom suite with a king-sized bed. The couch bed wasn't that uncomfortable, and the fridge/microwave came in handy. There was an area to sit and eat or work.

The hotel is conveniently located near the Crystal City metro station. There is a shuttle bus, but it is only about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Getting into the city took about 30 minutes (to Union Station).

The morning breakfast was generous and had something for everyone. The manager's reception every evening from 5:30-7:30 was a real treat. Free drinks and snacks! Can't beat that!

The fitness center was one of the nicest I've seen. It was so clean and looked brand new. The pool was the best I've ever seen in a hotel The water was so clean and clear, it looked like you could drink it! And, there was a lifeguard on duty! BONUS!

Sure, there is no free wifi, but there were three computers with printers in the business center. Parking was a little pricey - $25/night, but if you're willing to be adventurous, you can probably find it cheaper. I couldn't be bothered.

I did not eat in the restaurant - mostly because we ate in the city most nights. Also, under the Marriott next door is a mall that has a ton of places to eat. Beware that most of the places close early.

I would stay here again in a second. In fact, I'm already planning a romantic weekend here with hubby!

Room Tip: If you will be using the sofa bed, choose a room on a higher floor. The ambient noise from breakfast...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you had such a fantastic stay experience. Yes, the surrounding buildings are not our favorite either, but I appreciate you realizing they have nothing to do with the hotel and being able to put them out of your mind.

I appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the staff. We work hard to make sure each guest interaction is a positive one. We realize all hotels offer beds, televisions, bathrooms, etc. and aside from the Embassy Suites core amenities the one thing that can set us atop the other hotels is our customer service.

I am so glad you found your suite to be clean and comfortable. However, I am sorry that your sofa bed was not as comfortable as you were hoping for.

It is nice to have the option of walking to the Metro or taking the shuttle. I am glad you found the hotel's location to be convenient for your needs. I can see why people coming in from other areas may find the parking to be pricey, but it is in line with other area hotels and much cheaper than inside DC. Truthfully, there are not a lot of public parking lots in the area and while you may find parking for a few dollars cheaper in the end it may not be worth the hassle.

The Crystal Shops do tend to close early, but there is also the Pentagon City Fashion Mall which has more typical mall hours (until 10pm) on most nights. Thank you again for your review and I am so glad you are already planning on returning. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,845)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I just returned with my family after a wonderful stay at the Embassy Suites at Crystal City. We felt the value was great. We found all the staff helpful and friendly. The shuttle service was most helpful. The breakfast buffet and the managers reception were excellent and exceeded our expectations. The pool was very nice and the lifeguards were very helpful and pleasant. We definately plan to return.

1  Thank Keith L

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It is great to read to read that you had such a wonderful experience. I am so glad we exceeded your expectations and 100% agree that Embassy Suites product is a great value. Breakfast can be $20 per person at other hotels while at the Embassy Suites it is complimentary; that is a huge savings! A suite upgrade is usually $15 -$20 at other hotels, but at the Embassy Suites everyone gets a suite; another great savings! Two drinks at the hotel bar can easily run $12, however at the Embassy Suites drinks are complimentary for two hours per night. It is hard for any hotel to offer a better value than can be found at an Embassy Suites. I am glad that you left feeling the same way.

I appreciate you mentioning the lifeguards and will be sure your comment is shared with the company that runs the pool. Thank you again for your review and we can't wait until you return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very good choice with comfortable, clean rooms and complete facilities. Check in was friendly and quick while the shuttle drivers, friendly and helpful. While the rooms are good size, be aware the windows are not double-paned, so you'll get considerable noise from Jefferson Davis Highway.

Room Tip: choose the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank singabob

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you had a nice stay experience. I appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the staff. In all honesty, we receive very few comments on the noise from the highway, but I am sorry if this disturbed you. We will be happy to try and place you on the other side of the hotel should you return.

Thank you again for your review and as always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Embassy Suites in Crystal City is great for business trips and family vacations to the DC area. The complimentary breakfast and managers reception in the evening are a great perk! Just a block and a half away from the metro Blue Line stop to head anywhere you want in the metro area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad to read that you had such a great experience.

You are correct that the amenities of an Embassy Suites make the value almost unbeatable. Where else can you enjoy a complimentary full breakfast for all occupants of the suite and evening complimentary beverages? It is important for all readers to keep the value of these amenities in mind when comparing other hotel rates to the Embassy Suites rate.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for your recommendation. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The personnel makes me feel very welcome. It feels like going back home in the States. From the Chef, to the General Manager, the cleaning service, they made me feel very special. The size of the room is big enough to hold meetings or receive any guest. Overall, fantastic!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your experience. Wow, it is so nice to read how wonderful your stay experiences have been. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations and we are honored to be considered your home in the states.

I appreciate you mentioning how friendly and accommodating the staff is. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family stayed at the Embassy Suites in Crystal City, a hotel I choose because of the location, price and most of all the amenities. After our drive there we anticipated having a relaxing time in the pool, prior to a grueling evening of events. I was dismayed to find the pool was unavailable between 1 and 4 pm. When I inquired as to why the pool was not open I was told it was due to the lack of a Life Guard. This is the first hotel I stayed at that did not have a swim at your own risk policy. I found this timeframe and reason to be extremely unsatisfactory. I also was looking forward to the free continental breakfast, only to find out that on weekends it opens after 7:00am. My daughter needed to be in downtown DC to participate in the 101 annual Cherry Blossom Parade by 7:45am, so we needed to be on the DC Metro by 7:00am . The Hotel was not accommodating to compensate us for breakfast prior to that time. All of this made my stay at that Hotel unsatisfactory.

1  Thank James S

Thank you for your review. Actually, in the county of Arlington it is a law that a public pool must have a lifeguard. We wish we could have a swim at your own risk policy, but are unable to do so. On weekdays between Labor Day & Memorial Day, when children are in school the pool generally goes unused mid day. We used to have the pool open everyday from 10-10, but found the lifeguard could go a week without anyone in it mid day. So the hours are now:

Labor Day - Memorial Day: Mon - Fri 9am - 1pm & 4pm - 10pm, all weekends/holidays 9am - 10pm

Memorial Day - Labor Day: 9am - 10pm every day.

I am sorry that the hours disappointed you, but hope you found time to enjoy the pool.

The hours of breakfast are set by the corporate office so they are consistent at all Embassy Suites hotels. The hours are 6:00am - 9:30am Mon - Fri and 7am - 10:30am on Sat/Sun. Being the Metro does not open until 7am on the weekends we find these hours to fit the needs of the large majority of our guests. However, again I am sorry that you had to be out early and could not take advantage of the breakfast.

Thank you again for your review. I do apologize the pool hours and breakfast hours disappointed you, but hope you return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for 6 nights and was very pleased with the hotel. The hot breakfast buffet was FANTASTIC, as was the nightly managers reception for drinks and snacks. We also took advantage several times of the local shuttle service which was extremely prompt. I enjoyed the hot tub one afternoon as well. I would highly recommend staying in this hotel.

1  Thank flfungal
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Embassy Suites Crystal City. It is so nice to read that you had such a nice stay. The complimentary breakfast and complimentary Manager's Reception really make the value of an Embassy Suites almost unbeatable. I am glad you enjoyed these amenities.

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review based on your hotel experience. So many of our guests comment to me how they enjoy being recognized as repeat guests from our staff and I am glad to read you too have been recognized. While we want every guest to have a fantastic stay, our goal is to have them leave wanting to return. Therefore, we are very proud when a guest comes back multiple times. Please know we do not take your business for granted and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you come back soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.