Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eastman, Wisconsin
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stay at this hotel 2-3 times a year when i come to DC for business. They are always accomodating. Helping you get to where you need to go. Shuttle you to restaurants and pick you back up. And Bob's Limo service is cheaper and more reliable than the cab Great food too and of course the 5-7 cocktails!!! Rooms are large, clean and the bed so comfy.

Room Tip: Chose a room not facing Jefferson Davis Hwy or you will hear some road noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is great to read that you have made the Embassy Suites Crystal City your choice hotel when visiting the area. We will work hard to continue to exceed your expectations. I am glad that you have found the staff to be helpful as we work hard to make each guest interaction a positive one.

The shuttle service at this hotel is unique to the area. While most hotels have shuttles, they tend to only go to the Metro & airport. We offer shuttle service to both those locations, but unlike other hotels we also offer shuttle service on request to all other Crystal City locations.

I am glad you enjoyed your spacious suite and the Manager's Reception. Thank you for the tip on Bob's Limo service. Thank you again for the review and for returning to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me directly.

Also I would like to wish everyone reading this a very Happy Thanksgiving!

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Hebrew first
cold in ohio
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We chose to stay here since we enjoyed our visit here so much 2 years ago. This time it was just average. Stayed here for 2 nights, 3 of us (adults). Room was ok - appeared the bathroom may have been renovated since our last visit. Reasons we were less satisfied this stay:

- maid service: we are not slobs as I actually pick up BEFORE the maids come in. FIrst of all maid service came late afternoon. Ice bucket left with standing water in it. Hair dryer left out. Empty used cup on counter.
- one of the elevators not in use; buttons not working on the other one.
- no more in room movies - we enjoyed this on our last stay.
- the free drink hour and breakfast are really just ok
- front desk seemed as if they may have been in training

Just wasn't the same stellar service we received before and seems like the aging qualities of this hotel become more apparent with a drop in service.

There are too many other choices in the DC area with better locations. We will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank onlytravelsouth
Thank you for your review. While I appreciate you choosing to return, it is disappointing to read that we did not match your great past experience. I am sorry we let you down.

To be honest, i am unsure what you are referring to when telling the housekeeping staff that you are not slobs so I can not comment on that. There are times when some suites will not be cleaned until the afternoon. We try to get to all the suites as early as we can, but on days after sold out nights it is not possible to have them all completed prior to lunch. This is fairly common in all hotels. However, if any guest would like their suite cleaned by a certain time, simply let us know. We will work hard to meet that request. I am sorry that the housekeeper did not do a complete job. The Director of Housekeeping will follow up with his staff to go over this as when a suitekeeper completes a suite there should not be the items that you mention. I can understand why this would be upsetting and again apologize to you.

We are currently in the process of having our elevators modernized. It is a long process and I am sorry if this caused you to be frustrated. Once we were alerted that two of the buttons in one of the elevators was not working a sign was posted. Unfortunately, we can not fix the lights in the elevators as an outside company is needed to repair this.

The hotel ownership made the choice to remove the movies from the suites about a year ago. The company that runs the in-room movies charge hefty prices for this service and as a way to keep our rates down the decision was made to stop offering this service. We did expand the television stations offered and added Showtime, which shows movies. Truthfully, we have only received a handful of complaints about not having this service as the in room movies are not used much by travelers.

If you have suggestions on what you would like to see improved at the Manager's Reception and Breakfast Buffet please let me know. We always welcome feedback. I hope readers of this review will also look at the many other reviews from travelers that really enjoy both the breakfast and Manager's Reception to see that this reviewers experience is not the norm. However, I am sorry that you were let down by the complimentary services.

Like any hotel, we do have some newer employees, but they are trained with an experienced agent or manager. Typically the desk staff gets excellent feedback and comments, but I am sorry that your interactions with the Front Desk employees were not positive. Again, I welcome any direct feedback so we can use your comments/suggestions to improve.

Thank you again for your review. I am sorry that you have made the decision to stay somewhere else and hope you will reconsider. Again, I do hope readers of this review will look at the many other positive reviews to realize that this travelers experience is not typical of a guest of the Embassy Suites Crystal City. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

I also want to wish all the readers a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Somerset, UK
Reviewed November 19, 2012

big rooms and large beds, the suites are a great place to make as a base for a tour of DC, the shuttle service is a win and makes the hotel really easy to access. the Embassy suites reception every evening is a great place to meet people but don't expect the snacks to replace a meal. Breakfast has lots of choice on a buffet.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite and had such a nice stay. Many guests agree with you that this is an excellent place to stay when touring DC. Being the Metro makes it so convenient to get to the tourist attractions, it really does not make sense to pay so much more to stay in DC. Our guests really enjoy the option of taking the shuttle to the Metro or walking as it is only a 4 block walk.

The Manager's Reception is not meant to be a replacement for dinner, just light snacks to go along with the complimentary alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages. I appreciate you reminding potential guests of this. The breakfast really offers something for everyone and we understand that the complimentary full breakfast buffet is a big reason that guests choose to stay with us.

Thank you again for the review and we hope your return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Iowa
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Convenient shuttle from Reagan airport to the hotel. Comfortable rooms. The king bed was good but the sleeper sofa not so great. Good water pressure in the shower. No complaints about breakfast, they had a good variety and is one of the trademarks of staying at Embassy Suites.

There are 2 train stations within walking distance. One is about 3 blocks away and another is 4 blocks...Less than a 10-minute walk. Both stops are next to shopping mall areas and restaurants. The hotel will shuttle you if you prefer.

The location is good and there were several other hotels that also looked good in the area but I'm not familiar with most of them because I haven't stayed there. The only negative I can throw out is that our room was on the highway/interstate side of the hotel and we were on the 4th floor. The traffic would sometimes keep me awake. Next time I would ask for a room on the other side of the hotel and i believe it would also offer a better view of DC. A higher floor may have also help alleviate some of the road noise.

I would consider staying again and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the interstate highway with a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you had a positive stay experience and enjoyed your accommodations. I am sorry you did not find the queen size sofa bed to be comfortable. Yes, the breakfast is a huge factor of why people choose to stay at an Embassy Suites. Having each occupant being able to enjoy a complimentary full breakfast buffet adds great value to the stay.

Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro & mall or taking the complimentary shuttle. It definitely helps to have the shuttle when the weather is not so good. We rarely hear about the highway traffic disturbing our guests, but understand some people sleep lighter than others. We try our best to meet all requests for a certain side of the hotel, so please do inquire on your next stay about having a suite on the non highway side.

Thank you again for the review and for the recommendation. We look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Large hotel. We did use the shuttle service to and from the airport. Very nice to be included with your hotel price. I believe we waited about 10 minutes once we retrieved our bags. Our room was nice and spacious, although it was not ready upon arrival(1pm) the manager stored our bags and upon returning from lunch at the mall our room was ready. Perfect for a week stay to see the sights of our nations capital. We did enjoy the free breakfast every morning which is a great money saver. The hotel is about 3 blocks from the metro. I believe it took us about 15-20 minutes at a leisurely pace. The best compliment to a hotel is if you would return and we definatly would. I would also like to make a note that we are leisure travelers. We prefer to see the sights, but also relax at the end of the day. This hotel was perfect for us for that. It was nice to get out of the "hustle and bustle" of the city to our relaxing hotel.

Service: We had to call for housekeepng once. We wanted a fan for our room. Upon calling the front desk a fan was delivered and plugged in for us in 5 minutes. He was very nice and wanted to ensure it was exactly what we were looking for. We also asked for a late checkout and the staff was very nice. Checkout was at noon and we stayed in our room until 1:30. I thought it was worth noting and definatly took the trip over the top. Being able to relax in our room until our flight left was great.

Room Tip: I believe our room was 410. It was a very nice room with double beds. I saw a lot of reviews befor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. The airport shuttle (Reagan - DCA) is a great amenity offered that no hotel in Washington DC provides for their guests. It is one of the major benefits of staying in Crystal City, along with the lower room rates.

We try to accommodate all early check in requests, but it is based on availability. As you mention, we are happy to store guests' luggage until the suite becomes available. The complimentary full breakfast buffet for each occupant is an excellent savings. The same breakfast elsewhere in the area would close to $20 per person. It is important to keep this in mind when comparing hotel rates between another hotel and the Embassy Suites.

The hotel is located about 4 blocks from two Metro stations. Both are an easy walk or complimentary shuttle service is offered to the Pentagon City Metro Station. You are correct, the ultimate goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return. I am so glad to read this is your experience and we look forward to your return. We will work just as hard to offer top service and exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for the review and for the recommendation. As always, I invite anyone reading my response to contact me anytime.

Batavia, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Large, comfortable urban hotel, the usual Embassy suites evening drinks and light (VERY LIGHT) snacks, and excellent breakfast. We were there for a family funeral at Arlington. It was a quick and easy drive to everything from monuments and capital mall to the cemetary itself. Easy walk to numerous restaurants. One of our rooms was highway side, non-smoking; it was very quiet, clean and comfortable. We chose this hotel because it also had a few smoking rooms, which were also clean and comfortable. We had one dinner in the hotel restaurant; it was okay, nothing memorable. Fees for Wi-Fi and parking were steep, considering... Nice hotel, met our needs, but I would probably look at others when I'm in the area again and have no need of smoking room(s).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. i am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy Suites Crystal City. I am very sorry for the reason you had to come in, but glad you chose to stay with us. The location of the hotel is very convenient for both DC and Northern Virginia tourist attractions. The Metro is a simple walk or a complimentary shuttle is offered and our guests enjoy having the option.

The parking charge is right in line with other area hotels and much cheaper than Washington DC. The same for the Internet fee as all full service hotels charge for wireless Internet. We do offer this complimentary at the business center and at an Internet quiosk for those that choose not to pay to have the in suite Internet.

Thank you for the review. I am sorry you would not choose to stay with us, but hope once you call around to find the fees similar in other hotels you will return. When comparing rates, be sure to remember the complimentary breakfast for all occupants, the suite, and the Manager's Reception. These complimentary amenities can be huge money savings as at other hotels you need to pay for each one. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel in Crystal City. Free cocktails in the evenings and great free breakfast in the mornings. Nice indoor pool and gym. ***BEWARE: Ive stayed here twice in the last 13 months. My credit card has been cloned twice over the last 13 months. Unauthorized credit card "charges" from all over the country took place within a few days after each front desk "swipe". Of course, it could just be a coincidence and there is no proof on my part that this hotel had anything to do with it but, just in case, I will definitely use cash here next time. As always, monitor your credit card account carefully at all times.

• Stayed September 2012
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that you had a credit card challenge, but as you mentioned you are unsure it is related to your hotel stay. Over 90% of our guests use a credit or debit card and to my knowledge there has been not one cloning case caused by a guest staying with us. I believe that if card cloning was linked to guests staying with us that we would have been notified from the authorities or other guests, but we have not been. When the card is swiped into the computer and authorization is taken for the proper amount (varies by stay). The credit card number is immediately blocked from viewing and only the last 4 digits are able to be seen. So please know that your credit card number is not accessible to employees.

Hilton Worldwide works hard to protect all of our guests' information and the Embassy Suites Crystal City works on the same system that most other United States based hotels within Hilton Worldwide do. Of course, if you or any other guest wants to use cash, we are more than happy to use that as the method of payment.

Thank you for the review and I hope you return soon. I do hope your card challenge is resolved soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.