Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte,NC
“Fall long weekend”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a nice hotel with two really seperate rooms. Each room has huge tvs. They serve a real breakfast every morning and a managers hour of drinks and snacks. Great value for the money. Had a couple of issues with charges on he bill. They were corrected immedately. Everyone was professional and helpful. Beware. This hotel is hard to find on your navigator. It is not really on Jefferson Parkway. It is on the service rd next to the highway.

Room Tip: Stay on the front. The side has a fairly noisy motel very close by.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for the review. Yes, unlike other hotels that advertise a suite, which in reality is just a large room, a suite at the Embassy Suites is a true two room suite (bedroom & living room), with a door that closes in between the two rooms. All of our suites offer 42" LCD televisions in both the living room and the bedroom which makes it very convenient for families that have adults in the bedroom and kids out on the living room pull out bed.

I am sorry that you had a challenge with your bill, but glad to see they were resolved easily. Thank you for the tip to readers about our location. You are correct, and on our website we do mention the address to use for GPS devices (1402 S. Eads Street - Arlington, VA 22202). That will lead all travelers to our door.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Hebrew first
Greenland, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed Oct 5 to the 9th. Although the hotel appeared to be full, staff provided great service. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. Good location and easy access to the sights. We would stay here again...........................

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kenmcg
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. Regardless of how full the hotel is, we try to provide each guest individualized great service and I am glad to see this was your experience. We recognize there are so many hotel choices out there for people and a lot of times the only difference is the service provided. It is our goal to offer each guest a positive hotel experience so they leave wanting to return.

Thank you again for the review and recommendation. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed October 10, 2012

If you've been to one you've been to them all; saying that Embassy Suites is a decent hotel for the money! I mean you get free breakfast and complimentary bar service from 5-7pm each night (granted it's not top shelve liquor). The location for hotel is pretty convienent (a pain to find on the GPS it's actually off the freeway as opposed to it's GPS listing), your a 5-10 minute walk from the Metro and a 15 minute walk from the Pentagon. In the area are several smaller resturantes and the hotel does come with a life guarded pool and small fitness studio. Rooms are clean, but my bathroom did smell a bit moldy...other than that service was great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. So many travelers agree with you that it is so nice to know exactly what you are getting with an Embassy Suites. Unlike other hotel brands that may have one fantastic property and another poor one, Embassy Suites are very consistent. The complimentary breakfast for each occupant and the Manager's Reception, as well as the two room suite make the rate an Embassy Suites almost unbeatable.

I am sorry if you had a challenge finding the hotel. We offer the GPS address on our website (1402 S. Eads Street, Arlington, VA 22202). That address in your GPS will bring you right to the hotel's front drive. The location of the hotel is very convenient for so many of our guests as we are close to everything you mentioned and also offer complimentary shuttle not only to Reagan Airport, but to all points within Crystal City; including the Metro.

My apologies your bathroom had a moldy odor. I do hope you will contact me directly so we can identify the room you were in and address the issue. However, it is nice to read that you had an overall positive experience.

Thank you again for your review and as always, i invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I received a notice after departing from the Management of an issue in the room. I wrote them back advising the issue was NOT my issue. Management quickly responded and took care of the matter without additional delay or worry. I can't say enough as to how professional these guys are and what a great staff they have!

The room...decent and clean. The food...not bad at all. The staff...from Manager to housekeeping...TOP NOTCH! Kudos to Victor Gonzalez for being a true professional and top notch manager.

Very nice to have staff greet you by name after 1 day in the hotel. Even better to have staff actually concerned about your stay and wanting to make things better at all turns!

1 Thank wfepse
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you found our staff to be top notch. Our managers work hard to make sure any challenges that arrise are resolved quickly. We realize there are many hotels to choose from and want all of our guests to have positive experiences so they leave wanting to return. I appreciate you mentioning the positive resolution that Victor provided. We are lucky to have him on our management team.

Thank you again for the review and we hope your return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A nice place, nothing that sets it apart, but thats not a bad thing. Clean room, comfortable bed, excellent food. Everything is expensive. but thats DC. Very close to the airport with a gas station on the way to the airport. Parking is $24 extra. Everyone was nice and had no issues. Express check out nice, only there one night. WIll prolly go back when in DC on business.

1 Thank Birchymm
Thank you for your review. One thing that sets the Embassy Suites brand apart from other hotel brands is the consistency between one hotel and another. Guests know what to expect when arriving at an Embassy Suites, where as with other hotels in a brand they can all be of different quality. So, I agree with you that being a typical Embassy Suites is not a bad thing at all. I appreciate you mentioning the friendly staff and am happy to read that your overall experience was positive.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. As always, i invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I will admit that I only spent one night here, and really spent about 2 hours awake within the hotel. I checked in about 1:30pm on Friday and immediately went in to DC, and didn't come back until night, grabbed some sleep, and was out by 6am to catch my flight. That being said, here are my thoughts:

LOCATION - Quite good. Right off the highway but not too loud based on my room. The walk to Crystal City metro station is only 5 minutes, maybe a few more if you hit the lights along the way. Also close to Reagan Airport. Crystal City has tons of restaurants of all tastes and budgets.

SHUTTLE - Only used it to/from the airport, which is every 30 minutes. This isn't quite regular enough, and even smaller cities have shuttles every 20 minutes. Not only that, but it is shared with the Doubletree down the street, so if you just miss the shuttle at Reagan Airport, the 30 minute wait + ride to Doubletree + drop off + ride to Embassy can mean an hour before getting to your hotel. In the morning, it was quite quick TO the airport, though.

BREAKFAST - Was out too early to experience :(

COCKTAILS - I was out too late to experience ;)

STAFF - Friendly and helpful

ROOMS - Much like the hotel itself, it needs renovation. Everything is there, it's just sort of...old. At least, it seems old. The bedroom itself was a bit sad in that there was the bed and the TV, with really nothing else. The room just felt poorly laid out, and really felt cheap and barren as a result. The bed itself as comfy enough, and the TV has some decent channels to kill the time. It was all clean, at least.

I would stay again, but I am going to try someplace else first. I'll be doing the Hampton Inn nearby in a couple weeks, so we'll see how that is.

1 Thank Zacharius
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you staying with us, but wish you had more time to enjoy the amenities that make an Embassy Suites such a great value. I agree that the location is convenient to most guests needs. The walk to two different Metro Stations is easy and we also offer shuttle service for those that can not or choose not to walk. I am sorry you found the wait time for the airport shuttle to be long and appreciate the suggestion of having it run more frequently. Actually, during peak travel times (5:30a, - 10am and 4:30pm - 9pm) our shuttle to Reagan Airport does depart every 15 minutes.

It is surprising to read that you were not happy with your suite. Typically our guests really enjoy the spaciousness of the suite. If you have suggestions of what you were looking for in your bedroom other than a bed, night table, lamps, dresser, and television please let me know. We really enjoy getting ideas from our guests and often use them when making changes. I hope you found the living room more to your liking as there is another 42" television, couch, chairs, and a table in there. We try not to put too many things in the suites as then it becomes too cluttered. Again, any suggestions you have are welcomed.

Thank you again for the review and we do hope you return. I believe once you enjoy the complimentary full breakfast and the Manager's Reception your impression of the Embassy Suites Crystal City will be much better. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

san diego, california
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I hadn't been to this hotel in 10 years and immediately noticed positive changes. The rooms had been refurbished and has double beds compared to some ES that only have king sized beds. Biggest change I saw was the very good breakfast buffet, much more extensive that usual ES. The center island has chafing dishes with scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese which seemed to be a specialty dish and delicious bagels, I mean top notched bagels.
The indoor pool is now salt water instead of chlorine, clean and warm.
Staff is courteous and helpful and the shuttle drivers were also professional. It's a fun place to eat breakfast and see all the squared away military people in crisp uniforms!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelcookie_7
Thank you for your review. We are so glad you came back and hope you do not wait another 10 years to visit again!

It is so nice to read that you had an enjoyable experience. So many families enjoy our double bed suites that have double beds in the bedroom and a queen size sofa bed in the living room. I agree, it is a great feature this Embassy Suites has that you do not find in all Embassy Suites.

I think it is awfully hard to go to breakfast at the Embassy Suites Crystal City and not find something to enjoy. So much is offered and we understand the complimentary breakfast is a major booking factor in choosing hotels.

Thank you again for the review and for mentioning your positive interactions with the staff. We look forward to your next stay and will work just as hard to exceed your expectations.