“Great Second Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Rochester, New York
“Great Second Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently returned for a second stay at the Econo Lodge Metro. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the property is clean, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again when in the Washington, DC area. Being close to the metro station is a huge plus, and we enjoyed the free parking, as well. Although we didn't have breakfast each day, we did see that there was a nice variety of items, and the coffee was hot and fresh each morning.
This property is nicely kept, and a great hotel to stay at when visiting DC.
Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HelenUT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great value. Clean, quiet, and comfortable with an accommodating & friendly staff. They cheerfully made changes in our room, so we could be close to others in our party who had made plans separately.
There was ample breakfast with something to please everyone.
We actually did walk from the Metro - pulling our suitcases behind.
The only drawback was that there was no elevator going to the second floor.
Free WiFi worked great.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HappyResorter
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Like everyone has said previously, this hotel is a really good value and in a very nice neighborhood. The short walk to the Metro was pleasant and easy.

The reason I must give it only an average rating, however, is due to the check in and handling of my items in the safe deposit box.

When checking in, the attendant informed me that I had made an error when I booked online and she had corrected it. She noted that I had presented her with a different credit card than the one I used to book and wanted to know which one she should proceed with. She then went on to help the next person, and quickly asked for me to give me the papers/key back. Some changes were made and I was then given my key/papers again. It became quite obvious that she had somehow mistaken my check-in with the lady beside me. I figured this as her description of my "error" was exactly what the lady after me wanted in the room. And when I checked my email, there had been no mistake on my part.

The reason the above situation concerns me, is that had I said go ahead and use the credit card I booked with, I am fairly certain the credit card of the other lady would have been used, or attempted to have been used.

The following morning I realized there was no safe deposit box in the room, so I inquired at the front desk. The same attendant was there and she pulled out a box from behind the counter and asked me what time I would be back. As she would no longer be there, she said to make sure I told them my items were in box #1. That evening when I returned and told the new attendant this, she asked where my key was. I had not been given a key and was told the procedure is for them to have one half and me to have the other half. Together it will open the box. With some concern, I explained that my passport was in that box and I was never given a key. The new attendant did some searching and indeed, there was the key that was to have been given to me.

This situation really was a huge breach of trust in them for securing my items. The lesson I learned is that in the future I will outright question the procedure if it doesn't make any sense to me.

So again - I really want to give this hotel a better rating, but these issues sent red flags up for me.

Room Tip: My room was right beside the breakfast lounge but was still quiet enough for a good sleep.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Techymum
Harbert, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed for three days during a business conference and found the hotel very pleasing. Everything worked just fine, quite comfortable, and the front desk lady, in particular, was very helpful for me with explaining and assisting me with using the Metro, which is a convenient walk nearby. The sink area was small and no coffee one morning, but it was a bit early....otherwise, I had a very enjoyable stay and I'd be very likely to return when the occasion arises!

Room Tip: Quite convenient to the Metro and very reasonable for the location....seemed very safe area also....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great value. Clean, close to metro, felt safe, Internet worked good and fast, great beds, and breakfast was good. I thought the staff was friendly and helpful. Will stay here again if I'm back in the area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Litequeen
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Helena, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I travel to Capitol Hill often and need an affordable hotel in a safe location that will not eat up my per diem. I usually stay on the hill but have found that I spend so much money on the hotel that I end up losing money on by trips. So, I decided to find a hotel in safe location, close to the metro, that would allow me to get to Union Station quickly. This hotel fit the bill. Although it is bare-bones, it is inexpensive, in a very safe location, and is clean. It is also within walking distance of the metro. The metro ride is about 30 minutes to Union Station. I suggest this hotel to the person with business on the hill who is looking to save money. Finally, it is within walking distance to a good Cajun restaurant and a French restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JollyHenceforth
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The hotel is very convenient to I-66 and a short walking distance to the East Falls Church Metro station. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. My only complaint is that the in-room TV reception was atrocious, only a few of the channels were showing properly. Very good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank HockeyFinn67
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We appreciate your business and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please be assured we will look into the televison reception you described.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Comfort Inn Ballston
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
#11 of 14 in Tysons Corner
3.0 of 5 stars 248 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Metro? Share your experiences!