All reviewsbike patheast falls churchno elevatorchasin tailsminute walkcontinental breakfastfree parkingroom was cleanyogurtbudget hoteldc areastarbucks coffeenice neighborhoodsafe walkorange linesmall bathroomvending machine
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My arrival was a couple of days after the big storm which wiped out power to a million people in the area. The hotel power was restored that afternoon, except for internet access. Upon arrival, check-in was polite but not helpful. I was sent to my reserved in advance, king-sized bed, non-smoking room. The access card would not work. I tried the second card. Then someone started knocking on the door from the inside of that room. I lugged my bags back to the front desk and told them somebody is already in that room. The desk clerk was confused stating her paperwork clearly says this is supposed to be MY room. She had no idea who was in there or why. Because the internet was down, she had no way to figure this out. She made a call to someone with no answer. She then checked paperwork and gave me another room with queen-sized bed only, for the same price. Ther was no internet access for my three-night stay. This was no fault of Econo Lodge, but still frustrating since the motel was chosen partly for that reason. The room was clean but basic and maintained well by the housekeepers each day. The television only had about five channels working out of twenty. Upon check-in, the desk clerk advised continental breakfast is available from 7 to 10 a.m. I arrived at 9:30 a.m. one morning to find them in the process of taking away the last of supplies. The employee clearing the food said it ends at 9:30 a.m.
The subway station is easy to find but is definitely a 10-15 minute walk, with a bit of a hill (both ways). Nothing much, but something to consider if you are lugging baggage, with children, or elderly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Syv_Peppy
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is generally clean. Location to visit DC area is convenient. I recommend everybody if you are looking for a good hotel in reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Kader S
Heidi B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Old hotel in need of updating. Clean but very dated furnishings. Staff was excellent! Location near the metro was a plus. If you are on a budget this hotel is adequate for most.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maschrack
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Like always - this review is based on Our stay - everyone else's will be different.

Our son has lived within walking distance of this hotel for two years, we have stayed at alot of hotels in the D.C. area - I never knew this hotel was there, If I had we would have always stayed there.

The room (316) was just would we needed, thick brick, not block walls, Flat screen t.v. excellent location to some nice places to eat - within walking distance, Hotel is older - but our room was nicely done.

The breakfast was normal - I read posts about small lobby to eat in - there is a nice sitting area right done the stairs.

Only thing that maybe negative - I needed a Iron to press some clothes, most hotels have it hanging in closet. But there was none in the room - so I went to desk clerk and asked if there was one I colud borrow - She snapped at me and said obviously you did'nt check good enough its in the chest drawer. I thought she was a little rude - maybe she was just having a bad day.

Overall I think this is an excellent hotel. We will stay there again..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mckinney2
Heidi B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. We're glad you found out hotel and we hope to see you again. We offer an apology for the incident at front desk and we will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff polite but not overly friendly. It is a 10 minute walk to the Metro Station. The ice and vending are downstairs, as is the laundry. Noise can be a concern, as the walls are a little thin.They have no elevator, and for some reason their doors are extremely hard to open. Trying to manage the doors and luggage is a challenge. For the money, you can't beat the convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family