All reviewsbike patheast falls churchno elevatorchasin tailsminute walkcontinental breakfastfree parkingroom was cleanyogurtbudget hoteldc areastarbucks coffeenice neighborhoodsafe walkorange linesmall bathroomvending machine
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is generally clean. Location to visit DC area is convenient. I recommend everybody if you are looking for a good hotel in reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Kader S
Heidi B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Old hotel in need of updating. Clean but very dated furnishings. Staff was excellent! Location near the metro was a plus. If you are on a budget this hotel is adequate for most.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maschrack
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Like always - this review is based on Our stay - everyone else's will be different.

Our son has lived within walking distance of this hotel for two years, we have stayed at alot of hotels in the D.C. area - I never knew this hotel was there, If I had we would have always stayed there.

The room (316) was just would we needed, thick brick, not block walls, Flat screen t.v. excellent location to some nice places to eat - within walking distance, Hotel is older - but our room was nicely done.

The breakfast was normal - I read posts about small lobby to eat in - there is a nice sitting area right done the stairs.

Only thing that maybe negative - I needed a Iron to press some clothes, most hotels have it hanging in closet. But there was none in the room - so I went to desk clerk and asked if there was one I colud borrow - She snapped at me and said obviously you did'nt check good enough its in the chest drawer. I thought she was a little rude - maybe she was just having a bad day.

Overall I think this is an excellent hotel. We will stay there again..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mckinney2
Heidi B, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments. We're glad you found out hotel and we hope to see you again. We offer an apology for the incident at front desk and we will make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff polite but not overly friendly. It is a 10 minute walk to the Metro Station. The ice and vending are downstairs, as is the laundry. Noise can be a concern, as the walls are a little thin.They have no elevator, and for some reason their doors are extremely hard to open. Trying to manage the doors and luggage is a challenge. For the money, you can't beat the convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gamsilon
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed for three nights and found the beds comfy, the rooms well maintained, the breakfast adequate, but most of all the staff friendly, helpful flexible and attentive. A real family atmosphere. The hotel is a short walk on the bike path to the Metro and right alongside I66. The hotel does not have an elevator.

Room Tip: The hotel is on three levels: lower ground, ground floor and first floor. We were in a lower ground floor which was fine. If you have problems with stairs, lots of luggage (there is no elevator) you will probably want to ask for a room on the ground floor (same level as the reception).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple