All reviewsbike patheast falls churchno elevatorchasin tailsminute walkcontinental breakfastfree parkingroom was cleanyogurtbudget hoteldc areastarbucks coffeenice neighborhoodsafe walkorange linesmall bathroomvending machine
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at the Econo Lodge for 1 week in October 2011.
The room was excellent; it was great to walk into a nice cool air-conditioned room, away from the heat and humidity outside. The double bed was very comfortable and sheets were changed EVERY day, as well as towels, and basic amenities were topped up daily.

All in all I was very happy with my stay here, I would definitely come again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank donnie26
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear donnie26, Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Considering the price of other DC area hotels...you cannot beat the Econo Lodge Metro. Basic accomodations, but clean, SUPER helpful and friendly staff and a 6-7 minute walk to the METRO. Stayed for one night with my wife and two boys, 7 and 5, and always felt safe. No complaints about the room except for maybe wishing there were more than 7 or 8 channels on the TV. We had a great night sleep and a decent breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again without thinking twice!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Popz4120
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This hotel looked very neat and clean, just the place for the final night of my business trip. However, just as I was about to turn out the light and go to sleep, a bedbug crawled across my blanket! I called the front desk and the desk clerk quickly came to my room. I had squashed the bedbug in a Kleenex, and he asked if he could keep it to show the manager the next morning. He apologized and offered me a different room, but I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep in any room in the hotel. I checked out around midnight and drove straight home to Ohio on adrenalin and coffee.

Room Tip: Leave your luggage in the car and inspect the room for bedbugs before checking in.
Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MaeB39

Dear MaeB39, Thank You for taking the time and consideration to let us know about the circumstances surrounding your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconsistencies in service you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This little Motel was clean, had a great breakfast and was located about 1/2 block to the Metro. We were in Washingotn in minutes! The rates were reasonable. The beds and pillows were heavenly!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimWaterville
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Metro, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear jimWaterville, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed here for two nights during a family vacation to Washington, D.C. because of the price and the close proximity to the Metro station. The front desk clerk was a little low-energy, but nice and checked us in quickly and earlier than their posted check-in time. We got a non-smoking double queen room, which included a mini fridge, a microwave and a flat screen TV. The lobby was pretty old and the room could use an upgrade, but the beds were clean and comfortable with fresh sheets. The bathroom sink and vanity were tiny, but we made do without any trouble. There are vending machines and a coin laundry downstairs for the guests. We slept well both nights without hearing any noise, despite the fact that this hotel is located on the corner of a busy road and the highway. The online rate was just over $100 per night and included a free breakfast, but we skipped it both days because we were anxious to get into the city. The Metro station is about a ten minute walk away from the hotel on a nice bike path. I would say the area is totally safe. We walked to and from the metro with our small children (8 and 5) and had no problems. We were out past 11pm both nights and the only thing we ran into on the walk home were some cute little wild cottontail bunnies. This is a good budget hotel for business travelers or families who don't want to pay exorbitant downtown hotel rates. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CaliforniaDaisygirl

Dear CaliforniaDaisygirl, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again. I shall pass on your comments regarding the upgrade to senior management.