Got a great price on this hotel for a one night stay through priceline. The common areas of the hotel were very clean and overall very nice but I saw some areas that require a little attention, i.e. carpet area around or near lobby needs cleaning, some wall paper peeling off on some of the floors. Also our room door was missing a big chunk of the wood laminate face where there used to be a metal plate for the lock and it looked like somebody just chipped/ ripped it off the door. We got there around 1PM and attempted an early check-in. The front desk person was not friendly at all and very dry. She said to come back in one hour that our room would be ready. Ten minutes later I sent my wife to the front desk to see if she would have better luck. Ebony, the front desk clerk, was VERY friendly, personable and pleasant. She had a room available for us and immediately checked us in. We stayed on the North tower on the 7th floor. Had a great view of the Washington monument from our window. The room itself was very clean and quiet. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. I was a little dissapointed with the fact that there was not flat screen TV and the size of the actual TV was pretty small. We had a few small issues during our stay. Before leaving to go to DC I stopped by the front desk to specifically request (3) extra towels and (3) shampoo and (3) conditioner to be placed in our room while we were out. When we got to our room we had no extra towels and and only one extra shampoo. I went to the lobby to get more and a gentleman who was a front desk mgr. appeared to be bothered by my request. The next morning we realized there was no extra toilet paper in our room. It took (2) phone calls and about 40-45 mins to get more of it delivered to our door. Upon checkout the clerk at front desk gave us a parking credit (22.00) for the inconvenience. Overall our experience was pleasant and we would stay here again but I have to admit I was expecting more from a 3.5 star hotel.
P.S. The complementary chocolate chip cookies are fantastic!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City