3,186 results
All reviewsdouble treenorth towerrevolving restaurantskydome restaurantcrystal citywarm cookieslobby barpentagon mallwhole foodsself parkingbreakfast buffetfree shuttlewashington dcmetro stationshuttle servicereagan airportfitness center
Reviewed July 30, 2009

The Double Tree @ Crystal City is decent place to stay when visiting Washington, DC. The free shuttle service from Ronald Reagan National Airport is really nice. We didn't have to wait long at all for a shuttle to pick us up from the airport when we got to DC. Our flight arrived at noon and even though check in is at 3:00 p.m., we were able to check in early which was really nice! There is a shuttle that goes to Pentagon Mall and the metro stop there, but it runs every half hour. It takes about five minutes to get there if you are able to walk it. That's what we did. Our flight back home didn't leave until 6:00 p.m. and check out is at noon but they store your bags for free so you can go out and enjoy one last day in DC. Very nice. They also have a nice lobby bar, coffee shop, and restaurant. The room was always clean. The beds are amazing, quite possibly the most comfortable bed I've slept in.

Things I was disappointed about: one night it was raining pretty hard out and they closed the indoor pool because of rain. Didn't make much sense to me. There is also no hot tub at this location. The pool is small and showing its age. There is also a lifeguard on duty which can be nice for the kids, but is odd for adults. We were planning on checking out the Skydome Lounge, but there is a dress code posted. "Business Casual, no shorts, tennis shoes or flip flops." We didn't know about that before we came so didn't even go up there to check it out. The bathroom in our room was also starting to show its age, but nothing terrible.

Overall the price was right and this was a good place to stay for the average traveler.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed at the Doubletree Crystal City (very close to the Pentagon) while visiting D.C., mainly because of the cost. Everything in D.C. was very expensive, especially the parking. We booked through hotels.com and received one night free. We did call the Doubletree direct to add another night to our stay which they were very helpful with. The only problem was that we were not told when we checked in that we would have to check out and recheck in again even though we could keep the same room. We didn't find that out until we woke up in the morning and found our hotel bill under our door and called the front desk. We had 5 people in our room and every night, I had to call the front desk to request more towels, housekeeping was alittle slow bringing them up. Overall the price was good and parking was the cheapest we found $21.00 per night. It was a very clean hotel. They offer free shuttle to the Pentagon Mall to catch the metro, but the shuttle isn't always on time and we could usually walk there faster. There are not alot of resturants near the hotel, the Pentagon Mall has a food court, but we only ate there once. I think if we went back, we would try to stay in D.C., closer to everything.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
DoubletreeCrystal, manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2009

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. Our shuttle does go to the Shopping mall, which does have a nice food court & many restaurants, but there are also many other options in the area. 23rd street, which is a 8 block walk (10 min) has restaurants of all kinds (italian, pizza, sports bar, chinese, vietnamese, topas, etc). There is also a small cafe adjacent to the hotel for a quick bite to eat.
We have a renewed focus on a speedy delivery of items so I am confident that in the future you will find the delivery time more to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for the nice comments.

As always, anyone reading this can feel free to contact me anytime!

(703) 416-3846

Reviewed July 26, 2009

I have just returned from a 2-night stay at the Doubletree Crystal City. I picked this hotel because of the price of the suite was lower compared to others in the area. There were several problems that I had. First the hotel did looked dated as one of the previous review has pointed out. The lobby was very busy and check-in felt very rushed. The person at the front desk kept referring to me as "young lady." Although it was not a big deal, it was also not really appropriate even if I do look young (I am actually in my 30's and a professional). Then they gave me a parking pass that did not work, which required me taking another trip to the front desk. Rather annoying after a long trip.

The room itself was okay. Everything looked old, but relatively clean. They do have Neutrogena products in the bathroom which was nice. Our window looked out to the windows of the hotel's north tower. We were able to see the Capitol on the diagonal.

On the second day I had by mistake left the "Do not disturb" sign out so our room was not made up. When I returned in the afternoon I realized this mistake and called the "Careline" to ask that at least our towels be changed. The first lady on the phone was pleasant enough. However, when I returned to the room again several hours later, the room was still not made up and my dirty towels were still on the floors. I called the "Careline" again, and the second woman (who was not as pleasant) said that she would called the supervisor. I went out for dinner and returned again several hours later. Guess what...still no new towels. I called the "Careline" again (which by this point they should just change the name to "Don't Careline"), and the woman seemed annoyed that I had called. "Someone will be up soon," she said. A half and hour went by and still no one. I went down to the front desk. They "apologized" but it could not sound any less sincere. I specifically said that I need new towels and the products replace. When someone finally came up (by now it was nearly midnight), he came with just towels and no products because the front desk only said towels. Also the woman at the front desk said that maybe no one came up ealier because I have the "Do Not Disturb" sign up. She was pretty much blaming me for not having new towels? I had taken the sign down in the early afternoon after I first called them (I am not an idiot as she seems to be suggesting). Anyway, it really should not have taken 3 calls and a trip to the front desk just for some towels.

The closest Metro station is Pentagon City. There is supposedly a shuttle but I never took it because it never seems to come. The walk is not bad, but I was traveling with older family members that did have a tougher time.

Breakfast and parking were not included, so consider them in your total costs. There is wireless connection but also with extra fee.

1  Thank CuteMalamute
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2009

I am surprised at the trouble you had to go through to get towels as this is such a basic request that we get everyday and am sorry for this. We have a very good system for product delivery and review the results daily. Any rooms that place multiple calls for the same product are marked and the Resident Manager may follow up. We mark very high in delivery of requested items on our survey scores so your experience is not typical of our service. I invite you to contact me anytime so we can look into this further.

The shuttles run on schedule every half hour to the Metro, shopping mall & Airport. They are convenient to find as we have a "shuttle waiting area" right out the door. The drivers run the shuttles from 6am - 11pm daily and are mostly on schedule. I apologize you had a challenge finding the shuttles, but given the large sign out front as well as the manned bellstand I am unsure why there was difficulty.

Please do look on our website or call our reservations line as there are packaged rates that include both breakfast and/or parking.

The hotel is currently planning on a room renovation in the very near future. This will be a "quiet renovation" (no noises to disturb other guests), but the products being brought in will make the rooms feel brand new. We are excited for this project. Model Rooms are being worked on now and we hope to move forward in early 2010.

We work hard to upkeep our current product and ensure our guests enjoy the value in the room purchased. Given the amount of repeat guests, clients, and groups we have I would say the large majority do enjoy the Doubletree Hotel Crystal City experience.

Please contact me anytime

(703) 416-3846

Reviewed July 23, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Doubletree Crystal City for the 4th of July, the only positive was the view of the fireworks from D.C. Upon arrival on July 3rd, we found our room to be filthy! There were candy wrappers and straws all over the floor which made me question the last time the carpet saw a vacuum. There was some kind of dried up sauce all over the nightstand and the amount of dust was awful. The chairs in the room were so old and dirty I would not let my kids sit on them. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls. My husband went to check some other floors to see if they appeared newer and found garbage in the hallways with rooms appearing the be in the same condition. He then went to the front desk to complain and of course there were no other rooms to move to. He requested extra sheets to cover the chairs so we could use them and asked to have the room vacuumed which never happened. I spent about an hour cleaning the room since it was so gross and the next day had to buy windex to clean the windows so we could see the fireworks. At $200 a night this is not what I had expected from a Doubletree. It appears the hotel has been mismanaged for years and the only thing left to do would be to gut the whole place! The front desks' lack of concern and inability to rectify the situation leaves me saying "I will never stay at a Doubletree Hotel! I am just really glad we had no bedbugs!!!

2  Thank OhioMom2three
DoubletreeCrystal, manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2009

In reading your review i am very surprised to the condition of your room. Our housekeeping staff typically has the rooms very clean and ready for each guest and of course vacuuming is standard when cleaning the rooms. Our housekeeping cleanliness scores are typically very high in guest surveys so your experience is unusual.

The management team is very focused on guest satisfaction so please if you are not satisfied with the employee response to a situation feel free to contact a manager anytime. All employees at the hotel are empowered to make decisions and solve problems.

I do hope you will reconsider your decision not to return as I am confident that if given another chance you will leave her with a much more favorable impression.

Please feel free to contact me anytime -

703-416-3846

Reviewed July 22, 2009

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. After a family member was bitten and blood specks were found on the sheets, we immediately contacted the hotel. The hotel seemed to know exactly where to look, and when they did, bed bugs were found. The staff expressed concern and told us renovations would be taking place next year.

The hotel staff/management reimbursed us for our stay but of course we are concerned about this problem for others. I have learned that these bugs may travel room to room, especially after extermination. We are loyal Hilton customers and would not have expected this. We are very disappointed as we enjoyed the hotel offerings. The room was somewhat worn and one of the chairs in the room had a broken arm and no support at the seat.

The fitness center was first rate and the breakfast staff delivered top notch service.

Of course we are still concerned about the bed bug issue.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank theexpert
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2009

I am happy to report there IS NOT a bed bug problem at the Doubleteee Hotel Crystal City

Please note that just as at all hotels, we receive complaints of "bed bugs". While we take every complaint seriously and call in exterminators immediately it is very rare that the problem is actual bed bugs. This quick response would eliminate any possiblity for the bugs to travel room to room as the problem would remain isolated in the room in question.

I can honestly tell you and anyone reading this review that the Doubletree Hotel Crystal City DOES NOT have a bed bug problem. At this time we have no rooms out of order or being treated for bed bugs.

Along with having an exterminator come in with any complaints we have all the rooms in the hotel routinely inspected.

I am very happy the staff took your complaint seriously and reacted quickly. Our staff has been trained on how to look for bed bugs (hence knowing exacly where to look) and what to do for any complaints.

As I mentioned bed bug complaints are not uncommon at any hotel, but it is very rare for findings to match the complaint.

Thank you and please feel free to contact me anytime-

703-416-3846