DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
SanDiego
“Mixed review”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I gave this a four star but it really should be a 3 1/2. Skydome restaurant is incredible. It turns. I arrived on a Sunday evening and most things are closed. I walked a bout 1/2,mile and found really good restaurants. Are at Good Food. Ted's Montana is also there and McCormick and Schmidt. I took the Metro from National. No problem. It is an eight minute walk. You get off at Pentagon City, go up escalator and turn right. Go thru construction for two blocks, turn left and follow path. Look for Verizon trucks then turn right to entrance. Go up escalator to lower lobby to check in. Rooms are okay. Must use your key to operate elevators. They do have shuttle that runs every half hour. Great shops within five minutes of walking. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ElmoSanDiego
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I appreciate the rounding up and I am so glad that you enjoyed the unique venue that is the Skydome. There are some really nice dining options in Crystal City for those that choose to dine outside the hotel. I am glad you found some to your liking.

I appreciate your detailed directions from the Metro Station and the reminder to use your room key for access to guest floors. It is nice to have the option of taking that quick walk or getting on the complimentary shuttle which loops through every half hour.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon. Our goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return so it is rewarding to read that this was met with you. . As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
St.Louis, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Doubletree has excellent access to DC (National airport and the nearest Metro station) and all the sights. The property is aging, but the staff maintain it to a high level. Pricing was reasonable on a comparative basis with other Hotels in the area. I would recommend it for a trip to DC for leisure or business.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. Many of our guests really enjoy our proximity to the main attractions that bring tourists to DC. The Metro makes it so simple to get in to Washington DC and having the option of walking or taking the complimentary shuttle to the Metro Station is a big convenience for our guests. It is nice to read that you found our location to be convenient for your needs.

We are looking forward to finishing our rooms remodel project soon, but appreciate that you notice how hard the staff works to maintain what is in our control. Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

East Stroudsburg, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was our family's first visit to the Washington, DC area and our first stay at DoubleTree. We were impressed with the warm greeting and ready to assist attitude of the staff. Through out our stay they were able to help us with directions and information about the area. The room was exceptionally clean, as was the entire facility. We will definitely be looking for DoubleTree as we plan our future vacations.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. It is rewarding to read that you experienced a friendly welcome with a smiling staff. It is one of our top priorities to make a great first impression so it is nice to read that was your experience. Of course, step two to that plan is to carry that same attitude throughout the guest's stay so again it is great to read this occurred.

The housekeeping department will enjoy reading about how clean you found the hotel to be as they work very hard to make this happen for each guest. Our ultimate goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return and I am glad you would allow us to welcome you back should you return to the area.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

arlington, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

By invitation of the Recovering Warrior Task Force, I attended the meeting held at your facility. The lack of breakfast accommodations, was a disappointment, as no breakfast was included with the room rate. I don't know if this was a cost of $10, or a loss of $10 profit to your management... but, I am disinclined to stay on my next trip to pentagon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Paul R
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have a great relationship with the Recovering Warrior Task Force and host many of their programs. I am sorry the lack of a breakfast in our standard rate upset you. We do have rate options that include breakfast at a discounted rate so please be sure to look into this option should you return. I hope that the remainder of your stay was a positive one.

Thank you again for your review and we would love to welcome you back. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Washington, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Confused by the Metro and tried from my journey I miss calculated the location; on foot with my luggage I got lost and had to call Hotel reception repeatedly for directions!.. They were patient and it is this I really appreciated. Once in the room (A Frig!! Hooray!!) and its location with everything I needed within walking distance, grocery store, exceptional shopping mall, Pentagon Metro station (2nd Hooray!!!) All was good!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you got turned around on the Metro and ended up with a long frustrating walk. Your comments on the helpfulness of the hotel operator is appreciated. It is very nice to read that you had a positive stay and found our location to be convenient for your needs. We are fortunate to be located so close to many shops, restaurants, the Metro, Airport, Pentagon, and Washington DC.

Thank you again for your two "Hooray" review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Spring Grove
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have been a Hilton Honors card holder for many,many years and have stayed at this brands hotels all over the USA,but this place is a BIG disapointment! Many issues and excuses and this hotel has issues with the whole building and staff! The ONLY bright spot was the pool attendant who was so polite,helpfull and went beyond in doing his job,watching him as a business owner I could see that....Back to the nightmare! Checked in went to room turned on a/c to cool room down and came back 3 hours later to a hot room! Pulled covers back to relax while I called to the front desk and there was a mans hankerchief tucked behind the pillow!!! This was GROSS(I think we all can assume all the linens were recycled and NOT changed,JUST SICKENING!) and made for interesting conversation once the manager answered the phone(NOT) I had to go down to desk as the managers hide in the back room doing who knows what!!! I requested to change room as the engineer said this was broken and he could not fix it now??? So off to a new room,losing my view of Potomac and Washington...Went out after that change and came back 4 hours later to a HOT room where the a/c was turned to 60 degrees???? Pulled pillows to look to see what shape they were in and there was make-up all over the 4 pillow cases....ENOUGH was ENOUGH........ Went to manager and she heard the whole story,saga of my two day nightmare so far,she put me in suite with a/c and clean sheets......This was a nice room so if your staying here demand clean sheets and cold a/c because your NOT going to get any of this,even if your a loyal Honors member.......I should have stayed at the OMNI hotel over in D.C,it was $400 and night but they treat you like royalty!!!! AVOID this hole,needs complete re-vamp.........(except pool guy)

Room Tip: Stay at Omni,rooms are better @$400 night than suites here!!!
1 Thank Edward N
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While we strive to be #1 on a lot of lists, that is not one that we are proud to be #1 at. I am so sorry we offered you such a poor stay experience.

I appreciate that you took the time to recognize the lifeguard and glad he was helpful to you. While I can understand your assumption and apologize that the handkerchief was there, I can assure you that after check out all linens are washed. Our managers talk to guests very often and there would be no reason to be in the hospitality business if any were hiding from guests. There is work that is needed to be done and some of it is needed to be done in the back office area.

The Director of Housekeeping is aware of your challenges and has looked into why this occurred. It is our goal to ensure this type of experience is not repeated. Edita, the Manager you spoke with, mentioned that you accepted some compensation the first night as an apology, but did not want anything the second night. While our goal is to ensure everything goes smoothly during the stay we do understand challenges happen and really try to make it right. I am sorry we let you down and hope you return so we can work hard to climb up your list of hotels.

Thank you again for your review and once again I am truly sorry that we did not offer you a typical guest experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Washington DC, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had two meals at two different restaurants during our stay. First night resulted in a 45 minute wait from ordering to seeing our meals delivered with no explanation of the delay until the food was delivered. Food order was incorrect. Same horrible service at brunch on the last day. Get your act together, Doubletree.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. It is disappointing to read that you had these poor experiences in our restaurants. I was glad to see that 50% off your bill was offered and accepted as an apology, but sorry that you had these challenges. The Director of Food & Beverage is looking into what happened to ensure it is not repeated. I would be interested to learn more details as to what upset you with the brunch. We had so many positive comments about it from other members of your reunion (one mentioned it in a TripAdvisor post), but I apologize that you had a poor dining experience. I do hope that being you did not mention any other aspects of your stay that means they were positive.

Thank you again for your review and once again I am sorry that we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.