DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had read some sub-par reviews on this hotel prior to going so I was a little leery of staying here. However, I did get a room in the north tower as other writers had previously indicated was the newer tower, and I found that it was completely up to date. We got a great deal of 3 nights for the price of 2. The hotel was nice inside. But it was pretty busy from conventions. What really made the stay for us was the fact that they have 2 shuttles an hour that go to the metro, so it was a 2$ ride into the heart of the historic Capital district. I definitely recommend. However, I wouldn't waste your money in the Cafe. The swill they serve there is almost inedible. Not only that our server was rude and added a gratuity to our party of two without telling us. Other then that, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room in the North Tower
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Restaurantour
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your up-to-date guest room. Our shuttle service is a great complimentary service for our guests, and I am glad you were able to utilize it while visiting us. We have found that it is a great savings to offer complimentary shuttle services to/from Reagan National Airport and Pentagon City Metro to our guests, so thank you for sharing your shuttle experience.

I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your visit to The Café. We find that most of our guests really enjoy The Café for breakfast and lunch, so I would be interested to learn more about your experience. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience was great, and I thank you for recommending our hotel to others.

Thank you again for your review. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Happy travels-

703-416-3801

Write a ReviewReviews (2,963)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel was very nice in terms of the rooms. Very clean and modern and smelled fresh. However the service did not meet up to the price. Hotel staff refused to bring simple things like extra plates or cups up to my room. Other hotels have done that for me. Also upon arrival the front desk told us only dominos was open and no other place was serving food. Turned out the hotel restaurant was still serving burgers... When I requested extra pillows upon arrival they were not in the room when I showed up. After calling for extra pillows and blankets I was brought up only one extra pillow and a bunch of towels that I never asked for. I finally went down to the desk to ask and then was brought only one extra blanket. We had 4 people in our room. Overall the hotel was comfortable and clean but the service no where near met the price I paid for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our modern and clean guest rooms. Our housekeeping team does a great job in ensuring that our guest’s are greeted to very clean and fresh guest rooms every day.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not given the extra items that you requested. The goal of our staff is to accommodate each guest to the best of our ability, so I am sorry to hear that we let you down. Depending on the time of your arrival, our hotel does offer late-night dining options. We always love for our guest’s to enjoy the convenience of dining in one of the hotel restaurants, so I do apologize for the miscommunication upon arrival.

I appreciate your time-

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very nice facility, excellent workout facility. Somewhat disappointed that after the first day my in-room coffee was not replenished (used filter still in the machine Saturday AM) Internet access very good. Conference rooms comfortable

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy some of our complimentary amenities, such as our Fitness Center. It truly is an excellent facility with several workout options for our guests to enjoy.

I am very sorry to hear that your in-room coffee was not replenished the second day and that the old coffee was not removed from the coffee maker. Our housekeeping team is normally very good about this, so I do apologize. In addition, I am glad you enjoyed our fast internet access and conference room facilities.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Happy travels-

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had a good stay while on business, government rates/per diem thru company do not allow a lot of money, so had to be on a budget through out stay. Prices of items are too expensive and had to venture out of the hotel for cheaper items/food.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad that we were able to offer you the per diem to stay with us. Mervin Henry, our Director of Revenue, tries to make sure some per diem rates are available each night, but they are popular so they go fast. Our prices are in line with other Washington DC area hotels, but if you can give me some specifics on what you found to be too pricey for the area I will be glad to follow up on that.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us.. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Loved this hotel. very unlikely in the middle of Hot, Hot D.C. Great place to relax and cool off. Staff ready to help and make things right for me. Hotel shuttle made transportation easier from the airport to Metro to hotel

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable and cool stay despite the hot temperatures in Washington DC. Your comment on the staff is appreciated as they do work very hard to make each guest interaction a positive one. Staying in Crystal City vs. staying in Washington DC has many benefits, but the complimentary shuttles may be our guest's favorite reason. It does make getting around so much easier and can offer a big savings in taxi fare or rental car fees.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us.. We hope you return soon so we can work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Overall.. nothing to complain about.. Would recommend it if looking for something simple yet great for the price.. Room air/heating may need an upgrade soon.. pool closes early staff is great food is great cookies are great location is great views are good

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to read that after your stay that you walked out with nothing to complain about. Our ultimate goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return. It is rewarding to read that this has been your experience.

The pool closes at 10:00pm which is standard for area hotel pools. I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy a nice swim in our pool that overlooks the Pentagon and Washington DC. I appreciate you comment on the staff and most of our guests agree with you; the cookie is delicious.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We hope you return soon so we can work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Place was a nightmare. I’ll never plan to stay there again and if given a choice most likely not choose a Hilton again.. Upon check in I went to my room where the air conditioner was set to 62 degrees. The room never went below 78 degrees however. I went to front desk and inquired about the air conditioning. I was told there were no other rooms available, but they would send a technician to the room to look at the unit. A technician never came. Next morning went back to front desk and inquired again about the room and was told once again that a technician would come to the room. Once again no technician ever came to the room. At that point decided place is incompetent and looked for other rooms in the area. Was unsuccessful with the search so was stuck with the disappointing Doubletree.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for posting your review. I am so sorry we let you down. While it is disappointing to read that your room was not at a comfortable temperature, it is even more disappointing to me that when we were told of your challenge that we did not react appropriately. I am going to contact you to try and make this right.

Thank you again for your review and I truly am apologetic that you left so disappointed. I hope you reconsider your decision not to return so we can work hard to offer you a much more positive experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.