DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
albuquerque, United States
“SUCKED !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Place was a nightmare. I’ll never plan to stay there again and if given a choice most likely not choose a Hilton again.. Upon check in I went to my room where the air conditioner was set to 62 degrees. The room never went below 78 degrees however. I went to front desk and inquired about the air conditioning. I was told there were no other rooms available, but they would send a technician to the room to look at the unit. A technician never came. Next morning went back to front desk and inquired again about the room and was told once again that a technician would come to the room. Once again no technician ever came to the room. At that point decided place is incompetent and looked for other rooms in the area. Was unsuccessful with the search so was stuck with the disappointing Doubletree.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I am so sorry we let you down. While it is disappointing to read that your room was not at a comfortable temperature, it is even more disappointing to me that when we were told of your challenge that we did not react appropriately. I am going to contact you to try and make this right.

Thank you again for your review and I truly am apologetic that you left so disappointed. I hope you reconsider your decision not to return so we can work hard to offer you a much more positive experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Old Town, ME, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Don't stay at the Doubletree Crystal City unless you want to go without sleep. Even after I reported the issue and it was supposedly fixed, nothing changed. Other people staying at the hotel were experiencing the same air conditioning issue. Do your self a favor and stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. Thankfully, the large majority of our guests enjoy a comfortable night's sleep. However, I am sorry this was not your experience. I am sure it was frustrating to not have your room at a comfortable temperature and even more so that we could not correct the issue properly. I am going to reach out to you to try and make it right.

Thank you again for your review and I truly am sorry we let you down. We hope you return soon so we can work hard to offer you a much more positive experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Arlington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The room was nice until I saw a cockroach climbing the wall. I asked to move to another room and I ended up in a king suite which was nice. Although the chair still had stains on it. The new room was much nicer. The economy room had ripped carpet too.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry this occurred. Once I was made aware of this, I contacted our pest control vendor. We have a very aggressive preventative plan that the vendor employs, but experiences like yours are unacceptable. I am glad that you were offered an upgrade as an apology.

Thank you again for your review and I truly am sorry we let you down. We hope you return soon so we can offer you a much more positive experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Copalis Crossing, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

the rooms need to be updated, cracks in the bathroom tile fixed, light switches and fixtures updated, TV remote easier to use, get rid of having to swipe your key card to work the elevator; meeting rooms too hot and then too cold (you could hang meat in some of the meeting rooms the final day)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for offering your review. We are excited to resume our room remodel soon and have all of our rooms be recently renovated. I appreciate your suggestion that we expedite this process and have shared this with our ownership.

I am sorry you found the television remote difficult to use. I have not heard that before as it is a standard remote, but would be happy to understand what made this troublesome for you. Many of our guests really enjoy having the extra security of having to swipe your key to get up to a guest room floor. It must have been frustrating to have a drastic fluctuation in the temperature of the meeting room. This is not typically the case as our meeting rooms are well regulated. My apologies to you that this occurred.

Thank you again for your review and I truly am sorry we let you down. We hope you return soon so we can restore your faith in the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

You can't tell how nice the inside is from outside; I was quite impressed when I hit the lobby/lounge/bar area. I really like the layout. I used the restaurant in the lobby once for the breakfast buffet. To be brutally honest, I wouldn't pay 18 for it (I was lucky to get a discounted price on a Sunday morning). I'm from New Orleans so I'm used to breakfast buffets having a little more like grits and biscuits with sausage gravy :) I did enjoy the Mediterranean appetizer at the bar my first night. It came with a traditional chickpea hummus, an eggplant hummus, roasted red peppers, feta and green olives like I've never had before. Very good! I didn't get to enjoy the pool but it looked very nice. There's a great view of the Washington Monument from the Skydome located on top of the hotel. Great location! Very close to Reagan Airport. The Pentagon City metro stop is your best bet

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. The feedback on our recently remodeled lobby and lobby bar area has been very positive. I am so glad you also found it to be inviting and comfortable. We do offer a weekend discount for our guests to enjoy breakfast and it is nice to read that you took advantage of this special pricing. Your suggestions on how to enhance the breakfast buffet are appreciated and will be shared with the Director of Food & Beverage.

The Mediterranean Appetizer is a favorite item. I am glad you found it to be unique and delicious. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and please know that we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Bancroft, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

lots of meeting space, rooms were clean, house keeping was friendly and did a great job in the room. Had some trouble staying connected to their internet. Pool was comfortable - not too cold! Sky Bar was neat - floor rotates to see attractions in the area. Quick walk to mall area for shopping and less expensive dining options.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to have 31,000 sq feet of meeting space that allows us to host larger and/or smaller meetings. I appreciate your comments on the housekeeping staff. They work very hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests.

I am sorry for the Internet connectivity challenge as I am sure that was frustrating for you. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the pool and found the temperature to be comfortable. The Skydome is unique and I highly recommend to all of our guests to go up and experience it. There is not a better view of Washington DC! Many of our guests enjoy having the option of taking the short walk to the Metro/shopping or riding in the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Room - reasonable size and clean enough. Air con not too bad in terms of noise. Not much choice on the TV.

Very busy with school kids on visits when I was there. I don't mind that but some people are even grumpier than me.

Great view from the roof top bar & restaurant - slightly pricier than the bar in the lobby.

No complaints about breakfast and lunch.

It's a bit of a hike to the nearest mall for a choice of restaurants.

OK for a conference although the hotel wifi was intermittent in the rooms we used.

Staff are fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room accommodations. If you have a certain channel you are looking for please let us know. We do make changes to our channel selections from time to time and often it is based on guest feedback.

I appreciate your understanding with the students. April - June is peak tour season in the area, so the majority of hotels house multiple groups at one time. You are correct that some guests do become grumpy at the site of the students, but we try very hard to keep them isolated from our other guests by having private rooms for breakfast and keeping their sleeping rooms together.

The Skydome does offer fantastic views of Washington DC, Reagan Airport, the Potomac River and much more. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your time up there. The mall is 3 blocks away (7-10 minute walk) and many of our guests appreciate the option they have of walking or taking the complimentary shuttle.

I am sorry the WiFi was a challenge for you as the signal is typically very strong in our meeting rooms. Thank you again for your review and I hope your meeting was a success. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.