“Great price with easy access to DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great price with easy access to DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Mt family and I stayed here while visiting DC. The price was great even the added $26/day for parking. Very nice hotel located close to the Metro. Wish WiFi was free and don't understand why not offered free. Did get one night free as Hilton Honors member but in today's electronic world this shouldn't be a big cost burden on the hotel. Otherwise, great place.

• 4 of 5 stars
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for the time you took to post a review. It is nice to read that you found value in staying with us. I will pass your suggestion for complimentary wifi to Hilton Worldwide as the decision has been made to charge for WiFi in all full service hotels (Doubletree, Embassy Suites, and Hilton Hotels). This is the same decision that most major hotel chains have made (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they too charge for guest room WiFi. However, we do offer this complimentary in our lobby, Lobby Bar, and business center. We also offer rate packages that include guest room WiFi. I am glad to read that your overall stay experience was a positive one.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon so we can work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights last weekend. We're Hilton Honors members and were offered an upgrade to a junior suite. On the positive side; staff was wonderful, everyone we spoke to was very pleasant and helpful including the housekeeping staff. Breakfast buffet or continental had good choices and the food was good. Servers were pleasant and efficient. The bar service was good too. On the negative side we went to the Sky Dome on Friday night and were told about the $10 cover charge; I think that should be waived for hotel guests and Hilton Honors members. Also the fabric on the chair in the kitchen part of the suite was badly stained and should be cleaned or replaced. (room 1158 south tower) And there was no information on accessing wi-fi in the room; the directory said a card should be on the desk but it was not. This info. should be in your directory about hotel services.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting your review. We try to offer upgrades when available to Hilton Honors members and I am glad we could do this for you. Our staff works hard to offer a positive experience to all of our guests so I sincerely appreciate you recognizing their efforts. It is also nice to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and bar experience.

Your suggestion of waiving the cover charge is very much appreciated. This is something we will discuss. Please keep in mind that the cover charge only applies on Friday and Saturday evenings after 10pm. Thank you for identifying your suite number so the Director of Housekeeping can follow up on the stained chair. My apologies this was not corrected prior to your stay.

There should have been some information on the wifi and again, I am sorry this was not there. The reason most hotels print this separately from the guest information booklet is because the wifi information changes from time to time and the wifi instructional card can then be changed without having to reprint the entire information booklet. I am sorry this was missing from your room.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Capitola, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here two nights in the middle of the cherry blossom festival. We didn't realize it until the next morning but the room had only be partly cleaned and we had not received bath towels and a few minor things. In the morning we called for towels and coffee packets for the in-room machine and were brought other things. So we asked again and they got it right the second time. We left a note for the front desk manager that morning letting her/him know the room had not been fully cleaned/stocked. When we got back that evening...still not fully cleaned and old hand towel still hanging....Let the manager know the next morning and she gave us one free night as compensation. I could have requested more, but it wasn't that big of a deal. We all make mistakes and I just appreciated Hilton making it right.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. While I am sorry we initially let you down, I am so glad it was corrected. We really prefer to hear of any mishaps during a guest's stay so we have an opportunity to make it right. Thank you for letting us do this for you. I am glad the manager offered compensation for the challenge and that you went on to have a nice stay experience.

Arlington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Although the hotel offers most of the amenities, it is highly over priced and too far from the nearby restaurants etc. It's not for average person unfortunately. The management should at least think that they should make some changes in the business lunch - they should not offer EXACTLY the same sandwich for three consecutive days - very unfortunate and distasteful!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing to post your review. I am sorry that you did not find a good value in your stay. We do have restaurants within a three block walk from the hotel (7-10 minute walk). Also our shuttle drops at the Pentagon City Fashion Centre Mall and that has a very large food court in it as well as there being restaurants located across the street. However, I am sorry that you did not find what you were looking for.

In your review, it is not clear where you were dining for lunch, but it appears that perhaps you were in a meeting. If that is the case, the person that planned your meeting would have picked the lunch available to the group ahead of time. We have many options to choose from, but of course only serve what was agreed upon with the group coordinator. In our Cafe and in the Made Market, we have many options to choose from on the menu. Again, it was not clear what you meant about only having one option each day, but I welcome you to clarify this.

Thank you again for your review and I am sorry that you left disappointed. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We only stayed here for a short 5 hours because we had to stop some where to sleep because we were tired had a long drive ahead of us. But the staff was extremely helpful, check in was quick, the room was very clean and it served its purpose for the short 5 hours we slept there. I really like the view from our room and the restaurant in the lobby. I think we were on the 11th floor and we could see the pentagon from our room. I wish I stayed could have stayed longer and got to do some sight seeing a little more. If I ever plan to go to Washington, DC again then I will definitely stay here.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that your short stay was a positive experience. I appreciate you mentioning the helpfulness of the staff. The front desk team works hard to offer a quick check in to all of our guests as they know how important this is.

We are fortunate to be in a location that can allows us to offer unobstructed views of Washington DC from many of our rooms. I am glad you were able to stay in and enjoy a view room.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We would really like to welcome you back for a longer stay and please know that we will work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Freehold
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Perfect location. Good hotel. Very disappointing service. The sofabed had dirty linens from previous stay. We tried to order new linens. Had to call 5 times (literally!) and wait for 2 hours at night. Next day after the cleaning we had no towels in the bathroom. Called twice, waited for an hour before we got any. And so on. Not very friendly service in the breakfast cafe. Nothing too wrong, just not friendly and welcoming. And so on with the service. It was really annoying. For Hilton hotels, it was an upset. Will not stay again because of the service.

2 Thank ActiveFamilyNJ
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is so disappointing to read that our service let you down. We understand that service can make the difference and strive to have this be a positive impact on our guests' experience, not a negative one. I am looking into why your calls/requests were not handled in a timely manner as this is unacceptable.

Thank you again for your review and I truly am sorry we let you down. I am going to reach out to you directly to see if you will reconsider your decision not to return as this is not typical of a guest experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Washington DC, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My bathroom had a leak from the ceiling around 2:30AM which made me move rooms. The hotel did NOT credit me the one night stay. The entire experience was terrible. I bet Marriott hotels would of treated me better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Frank M
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am terribly sorry that a leak disturbed your stay. It is quite frustrating when something like this happens unexpectedly and even more so when it is in the middle of the night. Once again I apologize to you for the disruption.

In looking at your reservation, I see that due to the leak, you were changed from a standard room to our Presidential Suite with a balcony overlooking Washington DC. I wish you had let us know that this upgrade was not acceptable for you and you preferred another form of compensation.

I can not speak to what the Marriott would have offered, but it is not uncommon for a hotel to offer an upgrade for a challenge such as a leak. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you choose to return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.