DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Virginia Beach, United States
“Out Dated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Room needed remodeling. And why does my review have to be at least 200 characters or more. Staff was nice enough, but very disappointed in the cost of the room compared to the actual accomodations. Next time I will stay at the Ritz

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing to post a review. I would image the 200 characters is because TripAdvisor prefers detailed reviews and it is a way to entice the reviewers to provide this.

I am sorry you were disappointed in your room, but appreciate you mentioning the friendly staff. We hope you return so we can offer you a better experience, but if not I truly wish you happiness at the Ritz.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. Once again, I am sorry we let you down. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Harrisburg, PA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

When my husband and I tried to locate the hotel on the night of our arrival, we had to circle the block twice because we kept missing the sign. It was not a very prominent driveway. When we arrived, the check-in process was very smooth. I was looking forward to the cookies (400-calories of heaven!), but on this day, at this time, they were a bit stale (still warm, but crunchy rather than chewy). The lobby was contemporary and sophisticated. When we got to the room, it was exactly what we expected at Doubletree; nothing more, nothing less. The hotel was under renovation but it was apparent that the room we stayed in had not undergone renovation. I hope the room renovations include outlets at the bedside table! The one thing I recommend to anyone staying here is to check out the Skydome Lounge! It was great. My husband and I got in just before 9pm, so we didn't have to pay a cover. We'd had dinner somewhere else, but just came for dessert and drinks. It was a great experience! Breakfast the next morning was somewhat disappointing. We luckily booked a package that included the breakfast buffet; otherwise it would have been $18 per person. Would not have been worth that. The items at the buffet were just about the same as what Homewood Suites includes for free--except that HS also has make-your-own waffles which are to-die-for! Overall, a very pleasant experience and I would stay again if we could get the same deal we booked this time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Katie D
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry you had a challenge finding the entrance, but glad when you arrived we offered you an easy check in. I also apologize the cookies did not meet your expectations and will try to make that right with you.

We are excited to have completed the remodeling of some rooms/suites and look forward to having the remainder done. Your recommendation of going to the Skydome is appreciated as I too urge all guests to go up there. You can enjoy an appetizer, drink, and/or meal. The view is a one of a kind and the revolving floor makes it a really unique experience. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Skydome.

It is disappointing to read that you did not have an equally nice breakfast experience and I am sorry about that. The Director of Food & Beverage often changes the food offerings so please make recommendations as to what you would like to see offered.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

fairfield, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

You will need a GPS to find this out of the way Hilton. The building is undescript and bends into the surrounding area and easy to pass by the entrance. Once there, you will be greeted by a pleasant valet that will help you with your bags. The lobby is on the second floor, decorated in 60-70 motiff and spacious. Room needs upgrading, furniture is old and damaged. Food is Great, service people are outstanding.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad your GPS helped lead you to the hotel. Your comment about the valet is appreciated as we understand a friendly welcome is an excellent way to offer a first impression.

Most people describe the lobby look as modern, but agree that it is quite spacious. While we have recently remodeled some rooms/suites we are looking forward to completing the project early next year. It is nice to read that you had a nice dining experience and had positive interactions with the staff.

washington d.c., United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The staff could not have been more accommodating or friendly. I am thoroughly impressed by the impeccable customer service. The hotel offered everything needed all in one place- including laundry & shuttle service! The rooms had a mini-fridge for guest convenience & a wonderful fitness facility. Every question I asked was answered in a professional, friendly manner. They even had warm chocolate chip cookies handed to you upon check-in.

Montverde, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The "snow Stay" at the Crystal City Double Tree was Double Fine. My meeting were not held so I had to hold up in my room for 3 days. I really got osme work done, rested well and ate some fine food in the Skydome. the room was so good that I think I had the tv on for a total of 1 hour. the warm room the bright lights and fast internet allowed me to get spreadsheets done, make phone calls and just get stuff done, Great job Doubletree it was Double good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that despite the unusual March snow we offered you a nice stay experience. It must have been frustrating to have your meeting canceled, but it is nice to read that you felt so comfortable in your room and in the hotel. It is admirable that you took what was a tough situation with the weather and turned it into a positive.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Washington D.C., United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

My daughter and I were stranded in D.C. we went online and found DoubleTree. They provided airport shuttle every 15 minutes at no additional charge! After all long day of travel, we were fortunate that the hotel had room service until 11:00pm. The food was actually quite good. I am thankful that there was room for us! I would recommend a stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to post a review. I am sorry the March snow stranded you, buy glad that it lead you to us. While many area hotels offer shuttle service to Reagan Airport most have a loop every thirty minutes. We are happy to provide this service every fifteen minutes which means less waiting time for our guests.

I am glad we could offer you a nice meal after what must have been a frustrating day. We hope you return next time, on a planned visit. Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Las Cruces, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Wonderful experience, great staff and service, lively lobby, affordable restaurants, great dining experience at the Skydome and great views of DC monuments and government. Recommend this hotel for a rewarding family experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad to read that you had a fantastic experience. It seems as if enjoyed all we have to offer. We work hard to offer each guest the same experience you had so it is rewarding to read about your positive stay.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We hope you return soon and please know we will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.