“Good to be appreciated”

Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Denver, Colorado
“Good to be appreciated”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I am in a hotel 4 nights a week. I am a regular in Hilton properties, I use this location at least once a month. This Double Tree stands out. The property is very busy but I felt the service and the room quality exceeds my expectations when I could be lost in the crowd. The staff truly seems to appreciate that I am a return customer. The price is about average for the quality of the hotel but the amenities and the service increase the value. The location is great. It is close to the airport, DC, monuments, and public transportation. Also it is in a area that has plenty of restaurants and shopping. One thing I appreciate is the value of the hotel restaurants. The pricing and quality is comparable to what you may find outside the hotel as opposed to the typically inflated price and inferior product I normally find in most hotels. My only complaint is the WIFI is extremely unstable, It is difficult to stay connected and the service can be extremely slow. After staying in several rooms throughout the property and contacting tech support each time with no improvement I recommend you bring your own hotspot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your review. Reading your email is so rewarding because our ultimate goal is to have each guest leave happy and wanting to return. It is nice to read that the staff works hard and has made this happen for you. While we appreciate all of our guests, the staff really enjoys welcoming back past guests. We do not take your choice to stay with us for granted and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

We are fortunate to be in a location that is convenient to so much (as you mentioned). I am sorry you have had a continued challenge with the wifi and will alert our IT team so this can be looked into further.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 23, 2014

A business trip from the west coast and flight into Regan National, landed me close to the Doubletree Crystal City. The hotel shuttle service from the airport was ontime (ever 15 min) and room accomdation are very clean. The hotel lobby meals are okay, but the SkyDome dinner Lounge is a must see. The rotating resturant provides a roof top view of national landmarks and government building. Chef Vincent Jenkins personally checks on his dinner guests and ensures your meal is cooked to perfection. A great location for a romantic dinner with outstanding views of Washington DC.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a positive stay experience. We understand traveling can sometimes be a hassle so we strive to offer a stress free stay to all of our guests.

I do recommend the Skydome to all of our guests as it is so unique. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable dining experience in the Skydome. Chef Vincent loves going up to the Skydome to try and make a positive impact on each patron's experience. I am glad he was able to do this for you.

Thank you for choosing to post your review. It is nice to read that you frequent Doubletree by Hilton hotels, but I am disappointed to read we let you down on this stay. I am sorry that the rate you spoke about prior to arrival was not what was charged. While I am glad the rate was ultimately changed, anything that is promised to a guest needs to be followed up on and I will be reminding the staff of this when we go over your review. Once again I do apologize to you for this frustration.

The Director of Housekeeping will be follow up on the sheet not being clean as this should have been caught and corrected prior to your arrival. I am happy to read you will return and we will work very hard to not only ensure these issues are not repeated, but to exceed your expectations. When you reserve your room please contact me so I can ensure you have a fantastic experience.

Thank you again for your review and the recommendation. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

indianapolis
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family and I have always liked double tree hotels and never had any problems with them until this stay. We were there for a martial arts competition. I called the hotel to get the same rate as the family that we traveled with. The man assured me that he had fixed the rate and we were all set to go. When we checked out, the statement stated that they charged us more than what it was discussed. I spoke with the manager and he sid there were no notes that anybody had spoken to us about rate changed! I explained to him that I did speak with a man from that hotel before we arrived and that he assured us he changed the rate or else we wouldve stayed at the Marriott. The manager was nice enough to change it and expressed his apologies. And another thing..one of the bed sheets had stains on it..brown stains! I called for them to come change the sheets. Like i said, this is the first time we've encountered problems like this at a Double Tree hotel. We will be coming back to DC in September and will give Double Tree hotel another stay, hopefully these issues won't happen again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you again for your review and once again I am sorry for the challenges you experienced. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 21, 2014

One is three blocks away from the Pentagon City Metro (Yellow line) Station and huge shopping mall. Reagan Airport is also very close. On-street parking is free on weekends and after 6 p.m. on weekdays. Room service is reliable, and room was very good. Free Wi-Fi in lobby but not in room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review so others can benefit from your experience. We are fortunate to be in such a convenient location for all the reasons that you mentioned. Many of our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro/mall or taking the complimentary shuttle. I am glad our location was convenient for your needs.

We have many guests that opt to take advantage of the free parking on the street when it is available. Being it is so limited, that is not always the case and most park in our garage (which is $26 per night). It is nice to read that you had a good room service experience and your room met your expectations.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Philadelphia, PA, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here on a Friday night in mid-January 2014. We had a quiet, comfortable room on the 11th floor overlooking the city. We visited the Skydome Lounge -- a wonderfully retro rotating restaurant on top of the hotel -- for happy hour drinks and food. The drinks were somewhat expensive and the food quality was so-so but the spectacular night views of Washington, DC and the attentive service of the staff (especially our waitress, Leticia) more than compensated. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is nice to read that you and your girlfriend had such an enjoyable stay. I am glad you took advantage of our excellent location by staying in a view room.

The Skydome is unique as there is not another revolving lounge within 200 miles. The stunning view and revolving floor to go along with the fantastic food make for an excellent experience. It is nice to read that you took the time to go up to the Skydome during your visit. I am sorry the quality of the food did not exceed your expectations and hope you will follow up directly with me so I can get some more information. The view is the main attraction, but we strive to offer food options and quality that enhances the experience. Your comment about the staff and your mention of Leticia is very much appreciated. They work so hard to have a positive impact on each visitor to the Skydome.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Arlington VA, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I always stay here. It's convenient to DCA and I can stay in or take a nice walk. I love this hotel! There is a comedy club inside and the top floor has a rotating dance club/bar. The view of our nation's capitol is amazing! I would recommend anyone to stay here. The staff is excellent and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. We are happy and honored that you have chosen to make the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City your choice hotel when you travel to the DC area. Please know we do not take your decision for granted and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations.

Both the Comedy Zone and the Skydome are unique options that our guests really enjoy. It is nice to read that you had a good experience with both. Your comment on the staff being friendly is greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We look forward to your return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Richmond, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Check-in was at 3, but had to wait in the lobby for 30 mins past. For the amount paid & the pictures posted online I was expecting a little nicer bathrooms. The rooms were still very clean and the bed very comfortable. The food at the lobby bar was pretty good as well, and drinks not too high priced for the D.C. area. We had a nice D.C. view, but had to pay extra for it. I realize D.C. is a more expensive area, but I travel internationally quite often and this is the most I've ever paid for a room and it was not as nice as expected. The pictures are a little misleading as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing to share your review. I am sorry for the delayed check in. We always try to meet the 3pm check in, but there are times when the reserved room type is not available. Without knowing the specifics of your stay, I am unable to comment as to the reason for the wait, but again apologize to you.

I am sorry you were let down by the bathrooms, but glad you found your room and bed to be comfortable. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your dining experience and the quality of the food as well as the pricing of the drinks were to your liking.

Please contact me to let me know what you found misleading about the photos. We had the photos taken of our room types and posted on our website. Those are actual photos so I am interested to know what you found to be different. My apologies that you felt this way.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.