“Good accommodations/helpful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Good accommodations/helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our family stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton on December 18 and 19, 2013. We all gathered at the hotel to attend a funeral at Arlington Cemetery. The hotel was clean and tastefully decorated. Our rooms were pleasant and well-equipped. The beds were comfortable and the water was hot. We wanted to visit with family members we hadn’t seen in a while before the funeral. The lobby area is set up with meeting areas that we were able to arrange perfectly to accommodate our group. The staff was very helpful. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so sorry for your loss, but glad we could make this difficult time a little easier for you. It is nice to read that the accommodations met your expectations and it is appreciated that you mentioned the water is hot as we are so glad that challenge has been corrected.

The open seating provided in the lobby area is something we get so much positive feedback about. Like you, many guests take advantage of the ample seating to meet up with family. Others meet with colleagues and some just prefer the friendly atmosphere than sitting in their room.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you will visit again and if so, I hope it is for a much happier occasion. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

dori.familiant@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and was minutes from many attractions. Our room was comfortable and quiet. We really enjoyed dinner in the Skydome restaurant, thanks to meeting Vincent Jenkins, the Senior Sous Chef, whose recommendation for dinner was on point--- delicious food. The service and the aerial view of DC from the revolving restaurant made the evening most pleasant

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad to read that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. We are fortunate to be so close to Washington DC that our guests can have the DC experience without the DC prices.

Chef Vincent not only is a master in the kitchen, but also with our guests. While most chefs prefer to be behind the scenes, Chef Vincent really enjoys spending time with our guests. It is nice to read that he had a positive impact on your Skydome experience. The Skydome is truly a unique venue for this area and I recommend all of our guests go up there to enjoy the stunning view while having a drink, appetizer, and/or dinner.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Greenville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Battle of the Bulge was the greatest battle ever fought by an American Army. Very few of the Veterans from WWII were able to attend. A fantastic group hanging on. Ambassadors from Luxembourg and Belgium were present and we were entertained at the Embassy of Luxembourg.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. It was such an honor for us to host an event made up of absolute heroes like yourself. Being right next to the Pentagon, we are so lucky to be able to thank active duty military members all the time, but still really enjoy the chance to properly thank retired veterans of important battles such as the Battle of the Bulge. I am so glad we could offer you a fantastic day while you attended this historic event.

Thank you again for posting a review and for your service. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Crystal City, DC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Construction to exterior of building. The letter in my room said 'won't start until 8 AM' - that was proven wrong when I heard commotion before 7 AM. Watch out - you'll be charged for internet. Yes, in 2013, you're charged for internet - go figure. It's like being charged for the air you breathe in the hotel. Staff was polite - no complaints there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. I am sorry that the construction started earlier than 8am as that should not have occured. I will let the Director of Property Operations know so he can ensure that is not repeated. We are trying to keep the times of the exterior work to when it is least impactful to our guests, which is 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday. Again, my apologies that it started earlier than the letter indicated. i do not expect this to be repeated.

There is a charge for guest room Internet. However, please know we do have room rate packages that include the Internet cost so if this is important to you, please check the various rate options. The decision to charge for the Internet is one that is made at Hilton Worldwide, not the hotel level. Hilton Worldwide charges for Internet at their full service hotels (Hilton, Doubletree, & Embassy Suites). This is the same decision as at most other major hotel chains (Marriott, Hyatt, Sheraton, etc) as they too charge in their full service hotels. We do offer complimentary Internet in the business center as well as complimentary wifi in our lobby and Lobby Bar. While not as convenient as in your room, it is an option should you want the Internet complimentary. Thank you for letting readers know as we do not want anyone surprised by this or any other charges.

Your comment on the staff is appreciated. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family stayed here for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. It was the perfect launching place for me as the runner and my family as spectators. The free shuttle to the Metro station (nearby) was an added bonus. The front desk staff was very helpful. We were able to have a late checkout with no hassle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We really enjoy being a host hotel to so many runners and families of runners during the Marine Corp Marathon each year. We are fortunate to be one of the closer hotels to the race and I am glad you found us to be convenient for both you and your family.

Your comment on the staff is appreciated as they work hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests. Thank you again for your review. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

First time I have stayed here. Front desk staff were nice and the room is nice. What made it great was the restaurant The Skydome and it's senior sous chef Vincent Jenkins. Great service and great food and great atmosphere and view. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dori F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is rewarding to read that you found the service to exceed your expectations. All hotels offer beds, televisions, bathrooms, etc, but it is often the service that positively sets one hotel apart from another. Our team works hard to make a positive difference in each guests stay. I am glad this was your experience. Your comment about Chef Vincent is appreciated so we can properly recognize his efforts.

The Skydome is a huge favorite by our guests as you can see from the Skydome TripAdvisor page. The Skydome experience is unique and I recommend all of our guests go up to enjoy a drink, appetizer, and/or meal while taking in the stunning view.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your return and will work just as hard to exceed your expectations! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

I appreciate your time --

Lutz, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

One of the nicest business hotels I have stayed in. A little far from local resturaunts, but still nice. The menu in the hotel was too limited but adequate if you really needed to eat. Very best room I have had in any hotel, absolutely palacial.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Jeffrey L
Dori F, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We actually just changed our menu so perhaps you will enjoy the new offerings and find what you are looking for. The food & beverage management team often change the menus and welcome guest suggestions as many times they guide the changes that are being made.

We do offer shuttle service, upon request, to 23rd street which has many restaurant options. I am glad you enjoyed your room decor.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

I appreciate your time --