“Great location but in need of updating”

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Great location but in need of updating”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Although I have stayed at this location a number of times due to its proximity to everything I need in the Arlington and DC areas I will probably not stay here again until major updates are made particularly to the rooms. I reserved a 2 room suite however was completely underwhelmed with the accomodations. Only one chair to sit on in the living room even though there was a wet bar and tv on the wall. If I had guests there would have been nothing for them to sit on. A lot of wasted space. Private Balcony was open to other room's balcony. Jeoporadized any security. And rug was worn and very dirty!

2 Thank Kitty2267
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you staying with us and I am sorry that you were disappointed with your suite. I appreciate your suggestion for more seating and we will look into this. Many guests appreciate the open space and prefer that over it being cluttered with furniture. However, I am sorry this was not the case for you. There is a separation on the balcony between the two suites, but my apologies that you did not feel safe.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you reconsider your decision not to return. We have many other room types that you may be more satisfied with. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3835 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be glad to assist in anyway he can.

Dori Familiant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Have been staying in this Hotel for the past 5 yrs. Their Service has been top notch. Their staff has always goon above and beyond to make sure my needs have been taken care of. This mentality is bread straight from their GM. The first day I met him, was during a one of the very few times i had an issue with my room. He stepped into the elevator while I was on the way back to my room and asked how my stay was going.. told him I had a small problem with my room. He insisted that I show him personally. He immediately called down to the front desk and had me moved to a new room. He didn't know I was a regular their at the time. This showed me that his level of dedication to every last one of the guests staying at his hotel was beyond reproach.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate you choosing to make the Doubletree your choice hotel when visiting the Washington DC area. It is rewarding to read your comments on the staff as they work very hard to offer a positive experience to all of our guests.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I am so glad to have been in the right place at the right time. Challenges pop up from time to time, but it is often the response to the challenge that our guests remember rather than the challenge itself. While I am sorry for the challenge you experienced, I am glad we could change your room and offer you a fantastic stay experience.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3835 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be glad to assist in anyway he can.

Troy, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in a good location for our participation in the Marine Corps Marathon. We had a nice stay with no problems. The staff was very helpful, and the pre-race pasta buffet a tasty and convenient option.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We really enjoy welcoming back the Marine Corp Marathon participants and spectators year after year. It is nice to read that you found our location to be convenient. We put out the pre-race pasta buffet each year and receive great feedback on it. I am glad to read that you too enjoyed it. Your comment on the staff is appreciated as they work hard to offer top service to each of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return so stay with us again. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3835 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be glad to assist in anyway he can.

Irvine, California
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The price is very reasonable for this type of hotel. It is in a good location. You can take a TAXI $8 to go to the national mall. Also, bars, mall, and restaurants are about 5-10 minutes walk. Waling at night is very safe in that area.

Room Tip: Try to find a room that faces the national mall. You will enjoy the view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank twahibell
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for choosing to post your review and for staying with us. We are fortunate to be in a location that is convenient to Reagan Airport, the Metro, and Washington DC. I am glad our location fit your needs. While we really hope our guests enjoy the Skydome, our guests appreciate having options in the area.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be happy to assist in anyway he can.

Linneus, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

It was an unexpected and unplanned stay but I was very happy with the accommodations.. Clean and comfortable room, close to the airport, reasonably priced, very good breakfast, friendly staff. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to post your review. It is nice to read that your unplanned stay went so well. I appreciate you mentioning your clean room and that you enjoyed your breakfast. The staff works hard to offer each guest this experience so I am happy to read you had a positive stay.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be happy to assist in anyway he can.

Russellville, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Not the experience we have come to expect from DoubleTree or the HH chain. Several issues: no Wifi, poor condition of hotel, and no knowledgeable hotel staff. Mostly attention to detail items, but there were so many shortcomings. There was no information about the city in the hotel room. (Something I would expect as a matter of pride for the Nation's capitol). I really feel that they could have done a MUCH better job. Not the level of service, comfort, or experience we have come to expect from this hotel chain.

1 Thank Melody D
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry that you are disappointed in your stay. We do have wifi available in all of our suites for a charge and complimentary in the lobby/ Lobby Bar. There is also a complimentary business center. I am sorry you thought there was not wifi available.

I hope the readers of this review will read the many recent reviews to realize this is not typical of a guest experience. The majority of our guests leave with positive thoughts and comments about the staff, but I am sorry this was not your experience.

In each room is a Where Magazine. This magazine has a Metro map, multiple maps of DC, and lists just about every DC/Northern VA attraction (and closest Metro Stop). It also lists the many places to dine. My apologies to you that one was not in your room. This was an oversight and the Director of Housekeeping will speak to his staff to ensure it is not repeated.

Thank you again for your review and one again I am sorry we let you down. We hope you return so we can show you that your experience is far from the norm. The large majority of our guests leave happy and wanting to return. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He will assist in anyway he can.

ambler, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a wonderful experience staying at the Double Tree Hotel in Crystal City, DC. The staff was very professional, courteous, respectful and helpful. The facility was spot on with modern décor, comfortable seating and spacious accommodations. I give them my strongest recommendation and plan on returning for further trips.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your review. It is nice to read that you had a very positive experience when you stayed with us. It is rewarding to read your comments about the staff as they work very hard to give that exact experience to all of our guests.

The feedback on our recently renovated lobby and public space has been very positive. So many of our guests really enjoy the many options to sit and relax. It is a great area to meet up with family, coworkers, getting a bite to eat, or just to relax outside of the hotel room.

Thank you again for your review and your recommendation. We hope you return soon and please know we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He will assist in anyway he can.