“Good experience”

Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good experience”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Average hotel at a good price in a very convenient location for access to Arlington and Washington DC. Average because the rooms and public areas show some wear and tear. Attentive staff that took me on the shuttle to the metro station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. While I am glad you had a nice overall stay experience, we strive to be much better than average. We will work hard to if you return you leave with a better impression of the hotel. Your kind comments on the shuttle driver is appreciated and it is nice to read that our location was convenient for your needs.

Thank you again for your review. We hope you return and will work hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be happy to assist in any way he can.

Dori Familiant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

Tour of New York City
Visit to the famous Liberty Bell
Visit to Wheatland, the home of 15th US President James Buchanan
Guided tour of Amish country
Tour of the battlefield at Gettysburg
Visit to Shenandoah National Park
Tour of colonial Williamsburg
Visit to Mount Vernon, George Washington’s estate
Explore the Smithsonian Institution
Tour of Washington’s historic monuments

ravel on 2 Collette tours within 12 months of each other and receive a discount of £100/€110 per person off the second
Tour Manager, Driver, Coach and passengers a treat to be with.
The wheels came off the wagon when we checked in at the Double Tree & Hilton Crystal City Washington. At check in we asked to stay in the same room for 6 nights (This was agreed). We also had arranged 6 Breakfast vouchers to be delivered to our room. First error, I had to pick up the vouchers from reception after some fuzz from the reception staff. Monday afternoon locked out of our room. A reception was told the Collette Party had left. I explained again that we had paid for 4 extra days, after more reception fuzz room key reset. Wednesday had a great day on the Big Bus Tour all day and a nice meal, at Harry’s in Pentagon City Mall. On return to the hotel locked out of the room at 21:30. Return to reception to find that we had been moved to another room. At no point had we been advised of the move and as stated above e had requested the same room for 6 days. We were then asked to pack and have our luggage collected to move to another Tower at 22:00 at night! Reception communication was abysmal every question I asked throughout saw the receptionist bury their head in the commuter screen their system does not appear to be fit for purpose. Although to reception staff were business like they seemed incapable of making decisions without management input.
Scores on the Doors at the Double Tree Hilton.
Waiters 10, Bar Staff 10, Cleaners 10, Bell Station 10, and Receptionists 0.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you had a great two week trip to the United States, but sorry your stay with us was a source of frustration. We have so many guests that have multiple reservations back to back so I am unsure why yours was not handled correctly. Typically, with back to back reservations we will block the guest into the same room to avoid having to ask anyone to leave. The only time that can be a challenge is if the reservations are booked in different room types and the hotel is sold out or if another incoming student group is blocked in the same room. However, had either of these been the case you should have been told upfront. Once again I am sorry this was a challenge for you.

The Front Desk Management team will be looking into this and reminding their staff how important accurate communication is. While management is available to help guide our employees; employees are empowered to solve any challenge. I am sorry your experience led you to believe otherwise.

Thank you again for your review. We work with many Collette Tours and hope you return soon. I am certain that we can provide you with a more positive experience. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He is happy to assist in any way he can.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed 4 days with a 12 yr old and a 78 yr. now with this in mind we had only public transportation to commute to the sites. EXCELLANT for accommadating both age groups. They had shuttles to the mall area where you could access the Metro or if you had purchased a tour guide bus fare. Or you could walk which worked out great trying to burn 12 yr old energy up. The hotel was clean and I could not of had more people help me in planning our daily activity. You have to also go to the SKYDOME what a view. For the money this hotel was fantastic. If I plan a trip back yes I will stay at the Double Tree.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. Even if it is a little more it was fantasic looking over at the Pentagon.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad to read that our proximity to the Metro made it easy for you and you co-travelers to see all the sites. Having the option to walk to the Metro or take the shuttle is one that many of our guests enjoy having. Most of the time we find our guests enjoy the walk in the morning and then prefer the shuttle in the evening after a long day of touring.

I appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the staff and it is nice to read so many employees tried to assist you make to help make your visit a special one. I also recommend the Skydome for all of our guests. It is such a great experience and the view is stunning. It is nice to read that you went up there to enjoy a Skydome experience.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was met in the hotel elevator by the Senior Sous Chef Vincent Jenkins. I asked him for help in getting to the SkyDome. Not only did he tell me, he escorted me there. Once inside I was greeted with super friendly service and the best deviled egg served four ways and Virginia rainbow trout that I have ever tasted. During my dinner, I noted the conscientious and friendly demeanor that Vincent and the other staff (Dori Familiant, Kurtis Johnson-Executive Chef and Brian Atkins) extended to the numerous guest patronizing the establishment. On any return trips to the D.C. area, I will definitely viait the SkyDome rotating restaurant and lounge again, as well as will recommend it to my fellow travelors.

Room Tip: Although the hotel is within a five block walking radius to local stores and eateries, the location...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. I really appreciate you mentioning the employees by name so we can recognize their efforts. We realize there are so many area hotel choices and really work hard to set ourselves apart by offering customer service that exceeds our guest's expectations.

Chef Jenkins is always looking for ways to make a positive impact on our guests stays and I am so glad to read he did this for you. I am so glad you took notice of myself, Brian and Kurtis speaking to our guests. We really want to know how we are doing so if there are areas for improvement needed we become aware and can begin working on them. I appreciate you mentioning how much you enjoyed your meal.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work very hard to again exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my response to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will happy to assist in any way he can.

Middletown, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed 3 nights while attending a conference in another nearby hotel. It is located in a friendly neighborhood so I was able to walk to and from the conference site with no problems. It is close to the touristic sites. I would consider staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us even though your meeting was elsewhere. Many of our guests feel the same way as you as they too feel comfortable walking to the Metro, Mall, and/or restaurants.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work very hard to exceed your expectations. I invite anyone reading my response to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will happy to assist in any way he can.

Chelsea, Vermont, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Perfectly situated for easy access to shopping, airport, sightseeing, and downtown activities. easy walk to metro, located across the street from Crystal City Shopping. They also have a shuttle that will take you there or to the airport. Once on the metro you can go anywhere. The hotel is well appointed and equipped. If you have diamond status with Hilton and don't plan on the free breakfast, their voucher can be applied to any meal or drink.
The hotel room was comfortable and spacious, with adequate number of outlets to plug in your devices. I did not make it to the exercise room so can't comment on that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am so glad you found the location to be convenient for your needs. We are fortunate to be in a location that makes it so simple to get into Washington DC, very convenient to Reagan Airport, and so much more. Many of our guests really enjoy having the option of taking the shuttle or walking to the Metro.

Chapel Hill, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Love Doubletree. Shuttle from airport was a nice bonus though the driver drove like a madman. Enjoyed my short stay. Excellent location. Restaurant had amazing views of the city. The requirement to submit this of 200 characters is frustrating...at least add a counter so I can see what I've typed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. The shuttle does make it convenient for travelers flying into Reagan Airport that do not have a car. My apologies that the driving scared you. That comment is not something I have heard before, but it will be shared with the shuttle crew. I am so glad you enjoyed the Skydome and found our location convenient for your needs.

I appreciate your suggestion to add a character counter and will pass that onto Hilton Worldwide. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope you return soon. I invite anyone reading my response to contact Kevin Feldman at 703-416-3846 and kevin.feldman@hilton.com He will be glad to assist in any way he can.