“Execellent Location”

Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Execellent Location”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stay here several times as it is located close to everything. The staff is great and very accommodating. Rooms are always spotless. Beds are great! Sky bar has a great view of the Capital. They have air shuttle plus they have a shuttle to the Metro stop.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you making the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC your choice hotel when you travel to the area. I appreciate you mentioning the staff being accommodating as we work hard to offer each guest a great hotel experience. The housekeeping team will be very happy to read that you find your room to be spotless each time.

The Skydome is unique to the area and i am glad you have enjoyed the stunning views. The shuttles do add a nice convenience for our guests and many enjoy the option of walking to the Metro or enjoying a shuttle ride.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this Dbl Tree numerous times and I never experience any problems or bad customer service. This visit was no different, the only suggestion is $19.00 for the breakfast buffet is on the high end for what you receive. I have always received good service from the front desk and housekeeping. I experienced no problems while at the hotel and I look forward in staying there in the future.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank imnot1099
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While we really appreciate all of our guests, we love seeing repeat guests as that means we are doing our job well. We want every guest to leave wanting to return and I am so glad to read this has been your experience.

Your suggestion on the cost of the breakfast buffet has been passed to the Director of Food & Beverage. Please know that we do offer room packages that include breakfast so please look at these options. I appreciate you mentioning the great service received from the desk staff and the housekeeping staff.

Please know that we do not take your business for granted and we will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your review and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Richmond, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I "won" this hotel as a result of a Priceline bid. The location of the hotel is good, in Crystal City near DC. The best I can describe the property is worn out. There were two arm chairs in my room that I were so dirty and stained I would not sit in them, while working at the desk I noted two dead bugs between the glass and the art work. There were black mold spots on the grout surrounding the tub, the shower head leaked profusely. The place was quiet and the staff friendly enough. I think Doubletree needs to concentrate less on the cookie (which was hot and delicious) and more on the quality of their hotel rooms in this case.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Christopher Z
Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay experience. I do hope you will contact me so I can advise the Director of Housekeeping what room you stayed in. While we are looking forward to having the remainder of our rooms renovated early next year, prior to that, a chair should not be in a room in the condition that you describe and I am sorry that it was. It is very surprising and disappointing to read about the challenges you had in your room. I can understand why you would be disappointed and hope that we have another opportunity to have you in the hotel so we can work hard to change your impression.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Across the street from the pentagon, close to pentagon mall and metro. Ex access to 395 to get to DC. Nice room, pretty quiet.
Parking sucks. Have to pay daily fee or take your chances on the street.
Overall very nice, it's where I prefer to stay when I go to DC

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rodney M
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed your accommodations. I can understand not liking to pay for parking as very few people do. However, it is very common in this area and I am confident that if you look into it that you will find our prices to be in line with other area hotels and far below hotels inside the District. I do want to let you know that we offer some room packages that include parking. It is also nice to read that our location fit your needs.

The title of your post is "the rotating restaurant", but you fail to mention the Skydome in your review. I hope you made it up there as I really recommend that all of our guests experience the Skydome. It is unique to this area as it is the only revolving rooftop restaurant. The Skydome serves dinner, drinks, and appetizers.

Thank you again for your review and we are honored to be your choice hotel in the DC area. Please know that we do not take your business for granted and will work hard to continue to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. The Hilton Name is well represented by the excellent customer service and modern, classy accommodations. From our arrival to express check out everything was fantastic. It is pricy, (hello, it's Hilton!!) but was worth every penny. They have valet parking($30/night) and porters to help you transition from your travels. I was impressed and happy with the maid service as well. We left car at hotel and traveled back and forth around city on Metro. The hotel shuttle took us to the mall to catch the train. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of good lighting in bathroom. Kind of dark for applying make-up but still gorgeous decor none the less. I usually stay at another chain which is unavailable close to city center, but I have found a wonderful replacement for my next visit.

Room Tip: The king with city view is well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 64cadillac
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for writing the review of your experience. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found value in staying at the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City.

I appreciate you mentioning the housekeeping staff and they will be happy to read that they exceeded your expectations. The shuttle is a great convenience for getting to/from the Metro and Mall. Although it is just a 3 block walk (7-10 minutes) it is nice to have the option of taking the shuttle.

Please contact me with your room number as perhaps the room you were in had the wrong wattage bulb causing the bathroom to be dark. Our engineering department will be happy to check on that.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is the first time we have stayed at a DoubleTree hotel (although, we are a Diamond/Gold Hilton Honor Member) and would like to summarize it as amazing!... you guys exceeded my expectations! First, they have a great sense of customer service. From the Hotel Management to the employees you will see through your stay, they all seem to get it… make the customer feel welcome and they will come back! We reserved two nights for Mother’s day weekend because of the rates for a quick gate-away weekend. The location was spectacular as well as the view. When we checked-in, we were greeted by a trainee in the front desk who was very attentive. We were given their famous chocolate chip cookies, which by the way were amazing! The room was VERY clean as well as the view – we could look to the Pentagon, the Washington monument as well as the Capitol Blgd. The pool was VERY nice, although we didn’t have a chance to spend a lot of time on it. All in all, the hotel exceeded my expectation and we will definitively use this as our first option during our stays in DC. Double Tree team –good job! Keep is up…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jorge L
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is fantastic to read how great of a stay you had. Our staff works hard to ensure we exceed each guest's expectations and it is nice to read that we succeeded in meeting this goal with you.

I was happy to hear from you prior to your stay and am so happy to read that your first Doubletree experience was such a positive one. You found us out as it is our mission to make sure each guest leaves wanting to return.

The cookies are a nice way to be welcomed and I al happy to read that you had a nice check in experience. Our housekeeping staff really appreciates you mentioning the cleanliness of your room. We are fortunate to have such a great location that offers a stunning view from so many of our rooms.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I spent one night here during a recent business trip. I found there were many things at this hotel that will appeal to a business visitor to the Pentagon/Crystal City/Downtown DC area or a tourist coming to Washington. First the rooms. I thought they were comfortable, if a bit dated. The facility was well maintained. I was fortunate to be upgraded to a junior suite, which was very big, contained a microwave and refrigerator, and had a balcony overlooking the city.

Next, hotel amenities were excellent. There was a lobby bar, a cafe, a small coffee and snack shop, a more formal dining restaurant (open on weekends only I believe), and (my favorite) a revolving lounge on the roof with spectacular views of the city. The hotel also has a nice indoor pool and a good size fitness facility. The hotel has a parking garage underneath.

The location is also a big plus, if you don't mind walking a few blocks. It is a block or two from the Pentagon and a couple of blocks from the Metro station. The hotel is also convenient to the Pentagon City Fashion Centre Mall with a big food court, restaurants, and a great selection of stores. It is easy to get in to Washington via Metro (recommended for visitors) or driving if you so choose from the hotel's location. With that said, the hotel's location is "functional". There are office buildings and chain stores/restaurants near the property. If you want to stay in a trendy area with unique shops and restaurants, this is not the place for you.

Overall, I think the hotel was very nice and has a lot to offer the visitor.

Room Tip: If you can get a room at the end of hall in the south tower, I think it will have a balcony overlook...
1 Thank KwajTom
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review of your experience. We are very fortunate to have a location and product that both guests on leisure and guests on business can enjoy. I am glad to read that we were able to offer an upgrade to you. The view off the balcony is awesome as you can take in the wonderful skyline of Washington DC while pointing out all of the sites or enjoy watching the planes take off/land at Reagan Airport.

It is no surprise the Skydome was your favorite as that is the favorite of many of our guests. The panoramic view and the unique experience of the revolving floor makes for a memorable experience. However, it is nice to have the option of relaxing in the Lobby Bar too as both serve off a full dinner menu. The Cafe, for guests that have time to sit, or the Cafe Go for guests on the move are nice options and I am glad to read you enjoyed them. You are correct, Windows over Washington is open on Fridays & Saturdays only. Actually, that also offers a fantastic view and along with a great meal there is an outside comedy club that puts on shows. This is just another fun option for our guests to consider.

Keep in mind, for those that prefer not to walk the 3 blocks (7-10 minutes) to the Mall or Metro, there is a complimentary shuttle offered. It is nice to read that our location fit your needs.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.