I spent one night here during a recent business trip. I found there were many things at this hotel that will appeal to a business visitor to the Pentagon/Crystal City/Downtown DC area or a tourist coming to Washington. First the rooms. I thought they were comfortable, if a bit dated. The facility was well maintained. I was fortunate to be upgraded to a junior suite, which was very big, contained a microwave and refrigerator, and had a balcony overlooking the city.
Next, hotel amenities were excellent. There was a lobby bar, a cafe, a small coffee and snack shop, a more formal dining restaurant (open on weekends only I believe), and (my favorite) a revolving lounge on the roof with spectacular views of the city. The hotel also has a nice indoor pool and a good size fitness facility. The hotel has a parking garage underneath.
The location is also a big plus, if you don't mind walking a few blocks. It is a block or two from the Pentagon and a couple of blocks from the Metro station. The hotel is also convenient to the Pentagon City Fashion Centre Mall with a big food court, restaurants, and a great selection of stores. It is easy to get in to Washington via Metro (recommended for visitors) or driving if you so choose from the hotel's location. With that said, the hotel's location is "functional". There are office buildings and chain stores/restaurants near the property. If you want to stay in a trendy area with unique shops and restaurants, this is not the place for you.
Overall, I think the hotel was very nice and has a lot to offer the visitor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City