DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
$95
$85
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$118
ComfortInn
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$102
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$116
$199
  • Breakfast included
$159
$139
$189
$169
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$122
$115
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$101
3,049 results
All reviewsdouble treenorth towerrevolving restaurantskydome restaurantcrystal citywarm cookieslobby barpentagon city metrowhole foodsself parkingbreakfast buffetwashington dcfree shuttleshopping mallshuttle servicereagan airportfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great hotel with really comfortable beds and great pillows! If you get the right room you can open your drapes and see several DC Monuments! You are only a 3 minute walk from the Metro! When you check in they give you a chocolte chip cookie that is warm and will melt in your mouth!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read about your enjoyable hotel experience. We are fortunate to have a location that can offer stunning unobstructed views of Washington DC from many of our rooms. I am glad you found the view rooms to be to your liking.

Many of our guests enjoy the option of being able to walk the 3 blocks to the Pentagon City Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle. The cookie is so good and a nice way to be welcomed to the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

In making the choice of a hotel in the Washington, DC area, you should consider access to the Metro, safety of the area, and only then, the qualities of the hotel. Hotels in this metro area are almost always unreasonably expensive, and in the case of DoubleTree by Hilton hotels, many play by different rules you won't know about.

I recommend hotels within walking distance of the following Metro stops based on my experience: Silver Spring, Crystal City, Pentagon City, and Takoma. The DoubleTree by Hilton at this location was only average, and twice as expensive as it should be. But that's not the problem.

I made a reservation online after speaking to them on the phone about special rates. I made my reservation in advance to guarantee I'd have a room. Little did I know, until it was pointed out to me when I tried to cancel the reservation a month prior to the stay, the hotel states in small print on your confirmation email:

"This reservation is non-refundable and may not be changed or canceled."

In other words, they charge you 100% of the cost when you make the reservation on your credit card, and it is their policy to Never refund any of it. However, for an additional fee of $50, you can modify the dates of your stay.

When did DoubleTree of Hilton begin to take your money when you make a reservation and refuse to allow a cancellation and refund for any reason?

I'd recommend you avoid DoubleTree of Hilton hotels everywhere until they stop this "Advanced Purchase without cancellation" policy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you had a challenge with your rate. The hotel offers many different rate options. One of those options is an advance purchase rate. The advance purchase rate is a discounted rate offered to those that want to lock it in. One of the parameters of this rate is to pay at the time of the reservation and it is non cancelable, non changeable, and non refundable. You mention that you made your reservation on line, so I am unsure how this was missed during your reservation experience.

We do not want any of our guests to be surprised by this. When you click on the rate, there is a rate details tab that explains this policy. Also on the page that you would enter the credit card there is a fairly large yellow box that goes across the screen that says your card will be charged instantly and it is 100% non refundable. This box is located directly above where the card is entered. Again, I am unsure why this was missed by you and apologize that you were caught off guard.

The advance purchase rate matches the rates found on other 3rd party sites (Expedia, Hotwire, etc.) and follows the same cancel/refund guidelines those rates follow. While there is a discount offered, these rates should only be booked if travel plans are 100% concrete. Even if there is a slight chance travel plans may change, I would not recommend booking the advance purchase rate. Our other package rates and standard room rates follow the 24 hour prior to arrival cancel policy & nothing is authorized on your credit card until check in. I hope readers of this review and response will realize that while it is unfortunate this guest was not aware of the cancel/refund policy regarding the advance purchase reservation, the information is properly posted in areas that are not hidden during the reservation process.

Thank you for your review and I do hope you choose to return. Again, there are many rate options to choose from that are not pre-paid non refundable. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean and a short walk to the Metro.The only negative is the bathroom needs to be upgrated the door would not close without slamming it and would not stay open,also the toilet seat would fall down in the middle of urinating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you had an enjoyable experience and found the location of the hotel to be convenient. It is nice to have the option of walking the 3 blocks to the Metro or taking the complimentary shuttle.

I am sorry you had a challenge with the bathroom door & toilet seat. I hope you let us know while you were here so they could be corrected. If not, please contact me so I can identify the room number.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was so excited to stay at this hotel. Sure, it was partly because of the amazing chocolate chip cookies, but also because I have always enjoyed my stays at other doubletree locations. First and foremost, I have to say that their shuttle services to and from the airport, as well as to and from the Fashion Mall/ Pentagon City Metro station added such a convenience to my trip. Unfortunately, upon arrival, my family and I were greeted by a seemingly unhappy representative named Brittany. We had reserved 2 rooms and asked that they be as close to each other as possible. Oddly enough we were placed in completely opposite towers of the hotel and Brittany could not provide us with an acceptable reason other than "Sometimes that's just how it is." She then proceeded to not explain where the towers were, what our room numbers were, and continued to display an unfriendly demeanor, one certainly not appreciated by this traveler. My mom even tried to ask her which direction we should go in to find our room, and she said "You can read the signs, right?" Excuuuuse me. Luckily, the front desk manager was able to alleviate our anger, but needless to say this already dampened our view of the hotel. The room was typical with signs of wear and tear, though the printing center in the lobby is a plus for travelers who need to print boarding passes and such. Still, I will hesitate upon returning and can only hope to encounter much friendlier staff in the future.

Room Tip: Shuttle to and from the airport as well as to and from the mall/pentagon city metro station is a life saver!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HelloKittyLover0717
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you took advantage of the shuttles as it does make it much easier to get to/from the Airport and to/from the Metro. My apologies that Brittany did not have her usual smile and accommodating manner for you. It is disappointing and surprising to read as Brittany typically gets very positive comments. All reviews are read by our employees and I am sure the Director of Front Office will go over this review with her. i am glad the Front Desk Manager stepped in and was able to assist.

Thank you again for the review. I can understand why you would be hesitant to return, but do hope you and the other readers of this review will read the many other positive reviews to realize your experience is not typical of the customer service received. We hope you will return so we can have you leave feeling much better about the hotel staff. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Crystal City Double Tree for a convention and the experience was good, and a great location. We had a large group of people and we slightly overwhelmed the elevators, as everyone had breaks at the same time, and the hotel was not quite ready for this. The only other downside was the meeting rooms we used on the 14th floor were quite small and had painting going on during the time they were in use. But the hotel was very accomodating and helpful with anything we needed. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and the location was really easy to get to the station and shopping in the area.

1  Thank Kabukichick

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience. I am sorry that you had to wait for the elevators that were in use during the group break. Prior to a group booking an event at the hotel the proposed space offered is based on the anticipated attendance. Perhaps the number of attendees grew to make the meeting rooms a tight fit. I am sorry that those rooms were too small for the group. Keep in mind the hotel has many meeting rooms sized to host 5 - 400 people so there are other options available.

I am glad to read that you would like to return and we will work hard to exceed your expectations. As you mentioned, the location is favorable to the Metro and the Pentagon City Fashion Shopping Mall as it is only a 3 block walk (7-10 minutes). Of course, a complimentary shuttle is offered also which makes them even easier to get to.