WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Lovely place to stay but a bit far away from most of the sights” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay but a bit far away from most of the sights”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a really lovely hotel but is on a main highway which makes it hard and a little bit scary to get about. Saying that, once you get your bearings there is a mall 5 mins away where there is lots of choice for food and the metro is right there too. (Mall does close early on a Sunday). The hotel has a few places to eat but can be expensive. The breakfast bar has a buffet (a very very good buffet) which costs about $18 each. It is a 5 min walk to the Pentagon and you are 2 stops on the Metro from the Arlington Cemetary. There is a hop on hop off bus tour which stops at the mall and takes you into the heart if DC although the metro also gets you there and is pretty easy to use.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sasha-Rose F
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to see that the hotel is actually an easy walk (or complimentary shuttle ride) to the Pentagon City Metro Station and Pentagon City Fashion Mall.

Many guests enjoy having the different dining options in the morning. Guests that choose to sit and relax can dine in the Cafe and others on the go can get something from the Cafe Go. Both offer options at different price points. We do offer some room packages that have breakfast included in the rate, so be sure to look at those options if this is important to you.

I am glad you found it so easy to get into DC to see the sites. There are options on how to get there. Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff was very accommodating and compassionate with the family who selected this venue and their guests. Staff was able to satisfy my check-in request for a room with a roll in shower. The room was clean and spacious. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Michelle L
Thank you for your review. I am sorry for the loss that you had, but being your loved one is buried at Arlington National Cemetery he/she must have been a hero.

I am glad you had a positive hotel experience. We understand how important requests like yours are and do our absolute best to accommodate them.

Thank you again for your review and I hope when you return it is for happier times. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had to travel to DC for a work conference which was scheduled in this hotel. Very convenient to the airport and they offer free shuttle service- very nice. The room was just OK, typical hotel room nothing fancy but suffices for 2 days. Location was good as it was in walking distance to shops and restaurants. The conference was a little unorganized with hotel staff billing rooms incorrectly, some staff at the front desk knew which rooms were scheduled for the conference- some did not. Heard things were not set up the way conference organizers had requested.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level floor. I was on 8 and had views but colleagues on 3 did not.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank clevelandbiffOrd
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found the room to meet your needs and the hotel location to be convenient. It is very helpful to our guests that we provide complimentary shuttle service to the Airport & Metro.

I am surprised to read that you experienced these challenges with your group and apologize for any inconvenience. The hotel has 31,000 square feet of meeting space and we house groups ranging in size from 5 people to 300ppl. Typically the groups run smooth and everything is pre-arranged. Again, I am sorry you experienced a challenge and hope it was rectified quickly.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had to run my wife up to D.C. in order to renew her passport and we were faced with a number of choices on where to stay. As usual in circumstances such as this you are faced with several factors which influence your decision. Location, freebies, and cost always play a major role and Doubletree came out ahead in my mind for the competition we looked at.

We arrived on the afternoon of 3 April and were met by a staff member who inquired if we needed help parking the car or with our bags. Since we were traveling light I handled this myself. The parking garage is in the two lower levels of the hotel and there was plenty of room to park. We took the elevator up to the lobby and check-in was a snap. We received our free cookies and internet access as promised and proceeded to our room. The hotel has two different towers and we stayed in the North Tower. There were plenty of elevators and all were in working condition and ran quite well.

The room was decent size and was in good condition. There were a few minor cosmetic flaws with one or two things in the room but nothing you probably don't have in your own home. The double beds were very nice and the multiple pillows were much appreciated. A mini-fridge and an LG large screen TV with a decent number of channels was more than enough to satisfy everyone.

We ate at the Sky Dome that evening. The view on this revolving eatery was to die for. Great 360 degree views of DC. The food was fairly expensive, but it was fantastic. The wife had the crab crusted salmon and my son and I went with the steak.

The next day we left bright and early to handle my wife's passport renewal. The hotel provides a shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro Station as well as Reagan Airport. It runs every 30 minutes on the hour and the half hour. It is large, with plenty of seating. Considering it was around 30 F that morning it was worth it instead of trekking by foot to the station.

That evening my son wanted to go swimming, so my wife took him up to the 14th floor pool. It was jammed pack, but he had a great time and slept like a log that night. It's extremely warm and humid at the pool so if you're taking yours kids but don't plan on swimming yourself be aware of that.

Checkout Friday morning was a breeze and I would be happy to come back to the Doubletree for a more vacation like trip in the future as the rooms are very nice and the hotel is just a hop skip and a jump from all the sites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ncexnyc
Thank you for your review. I can appreciate some solid research in determining where to stay and it is so nice to read that after considering all the factors that the Doubletree by Hilton Washington DC - Crystal City was the top choice!

We understand that after long car or plane ride that the last thing guests want is a long check in. I am glad your arrival was met with a friendly face and your check in was quick. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the room and found it to fit your needs.

I am so happy to read that you went to the Skydome and recommend to all of our guests to go up there. The view is stunning and the revolving floor makes it a truly unique experience in the area. I appreciate you mentioning how great an experience you had in the Skydome.

It is always nice to have the option of walking or taking the shuttle to the Metro, but especially on days when the weather does not cooperate. This time of year, when there are so many families and tour groups that come to the area, the pool is quite busy. I am glad your son got to enjoy a swim. I will mention to the pool operator you comment on the temperature outside the pool as it should not be uncomfortable for those not swimming.

Thank you again for your review. I appreciate the recommendation and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Romulus, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just recently stayed at the DoubleTree Hilton on April 2nd and 3rd. I went with my two sons to go see the sites in Washington and see my other son perform a Wreath Laying Ceremony at the Arlington National Cemetery. We had a King size 2 room suite and it was great!! We had such a good time and what made it even better was the way that we were taken care of at the hotel. Abbie and Thelma are the best!! They really went above and beyond in their customer service treatment of me and my boys. Thank you so much for all you did for us!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I really appreciate you coming to stay with us for such a special occasion like a wreath laying. I am so glad that you had an enjoyable experience. We are lucky to have Abbie & Salmah as they are very dedicated to working hard to ensure our guests are happy. I appreciate you mentioning them.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

inlet, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast coupon that is good for "grab and go options" are nice, but the selection was poor.

The valet Parker could have been more friendly with regard to unloading from a handicapped vehicle.

The remodel of the lobby was done very nicely.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not find the choices for the continental breakfast to be to your liking. You are more than welcome to make a suggestion on what you would like to see. The Food & Beverage Director often uses guest feedback/suggestions to guide any changes made.

Regardless of whether a vehicle is handicap accessible or not, the valet service should offer a friendly attitude. My apologies to you that this was not the case. While the valet staff is run from an outside company, the employees are expected to follow the same high guest service standards as our employees. I will be sure to pass your comment to the parking manager.

I appreciate your kind words on the lobby remodel. The feedback has been tremendously positive from our guests and I am glad to read you too enjoy the new look.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Tarrytown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I read a lot of reviews about this hotel before booking, and on my experience all I can say is THANK YOU to the staff, they were very nice all over the hotel. The room and bathroom was perfectly clean, I asked for more towels the first day and didn't have to ask for more on my second day. Staff at lobby was very helpful with information about taking the shuttle to the metro station, restaurant around the hotel, etc. My room was 1354 recently updated. We were 4 (my friend and daughters). I just would like they have a channel in Spanish and more channels for kids

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you had a positive experience. All reviews are shared with the staff so they will get your thank you and it is very much appreciated. We strive to offer each guest an experience like yours so it is rewarding to know how much you enjoyed your stay.

When changes are made to the channels available it is often based on guest suggestions. Yours will be considered when changes are made.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.