“Can't wait to return!”

Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Seymour, TN
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here on our first trip to DC. First of all, the location is great! It's just a 7-10 minute walk to the Pentagon City Metro. If you don't want to walk, there is a hotel shuttle that runs every 30 minutes that will take you there. Second, the entire hotel staff were fabulous! Everyone was very nice, helpful, and always had a smile on their face. The room was great and had a wonderful view of the city....spectacular at night! The manager, who I had spoken too previously via email, as I asked a few questions about the area, was very helpful and even left my husband and I a personalized card a goodie bag in the room while we were out sightseeing! I have never stayed somewhere that paid such attention to detail and I am looking forward to our next DC trip as I will never stay anywhere else when visiting that area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. The option to walk or take the complimentary shuttle to the Metro station is one that many of our guests appreciate having. I am glad the location fit your needs as it is very simple to get into DC being the Metro is so close.

I appreciate you contacting me prior to your arrival as I really enjoy hearing from people that read my reviews. It is always helpful to understand an incoming guest's needs and purpose of the trip so we can be sure to offer a stellar experience. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and you had such a positive hotel experience.

The view rooms are a favorite choice of our guests as the views are spectacular. I recommend for those that do not stay in a view room (and for those that do) to go up to the Skydome to take in the view. Due to the uniqueness of the Skydome and the panoramic view, it is definitely something to experience.

Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We look forward to your next visit and will work just as hard to have you leave wanting to return! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had an outstanding stay at the Double Tree in Crystal City! It was my first exeperience at a Double Tree property and I was impressed! The location is in very close proximity to DC and the shuttle provided by the hotel takes you right to the metro pentagon stattion that you can take right into DC in about 10 minutes. Breakfast buffet is delicious and the staff is pleasant. Great newly renovated suites and the bathroom amenities are amazing --Crabtree & Evelyn lotion and soap! The beds are extremely comfortable and the couch in the living room area of the suite was the perfect lounge place after a long day. Also, loved the Wolgang Puck coffee maker! The staff took the time to welcome me and made me feel like an honored guest. M yheat wasn'yt working properly and the hotel staff came immediately to fix it! It was quite the nice touch. I will be back in the DC area in the upcoming months and will definitely be staying here again! A++ stay!

Room Tip: The suites! Separate living room area with a couch and a king size bed in a separate bed room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience; especially on your first visit at a Doubletree. The shuttle does make it convenient to get to the Metro and many of our guests enjoy having the option to walk (7-10minute walk) or take the shuttle. Getting into DC to tour is simple; actually it can be easier to get to some attractions than from some hotels inside the city.

I appreciate you mentioning the Cafe staff and it is great to read that you enjoyed your room so much. We have had a lot of positive feedback on the rooms that were recently renovated. I am sorry that your heat wasn't operating correctly upon check in, but glad it was fixed in an efficient manner.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This Double Tree hotel is by far the best hotel in the Crystal City, from both an amenity and customer service perspective. I have been traveling to Washington DC several times a year for many years for work and I always try to stay in the Crystal City area because of convenience and location. This was the first time I stayed at the Double Tree and it was wonderful. We were fortunate enough to get a room rate that included both breakfast and internet service, which is rare in this area. The breakfast was great and the Cafe staff were spectacular. Every employee at the hotel was super friendly, helpful, and kind. From now on, I will be staying at this Double Tree for every visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Wow, I like that title -- best hotel in Crystal City! It is so nice to read that you had such a great experience. We will work hard to make sure all of your future stays are just as positive as your first.

We do have all different types of rate packages and often offer one that includes breakfast and Internet. I am glad we offered a rate plan that fit your needs and encourage all people looking to stay with us to visit our website to see the many different rate options.

I appreciate you mentioning the staff and will be sure to share your comment with them. We will work hard to continue to exceed your expectations and look forward to your return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I will breaking down my review in 3 sections. 1) In general 2) Weekdays 3) Weekend.

1) In general: Chose this hotel because of the nice packaged rate, the location and I noticed that the reviews are being monitored by management.

The location is not bad, is close from the Ronald Reagan Airport and also you can walk (about 10 minutes) to the Pentagon City Metro Station. The hotel sends out shuttles to the airport and metro station every 30 minutes.

A huge bummer is no free internet in the rooms. The daily rate for wifi is ridiculous.

I got a very good rate by buying a package that included air fare and for the money, the type of hotel was fitting. Although it was advertised as "Free internet access from selected rooms." We were told that free internet was available only at the lobby.

The lobby is very nice and the receptionist was professional and courteous and gave us two warm cookie that it was delicious. The rooms were clean and from the floor 10th of the North Tower, there is a nice view of D.C. I only found two small details that did not hinder my stay. a) the air duct in the bathroom is filled with dust b) one of the towels had a stain but there were plenty of clean towels.

2) Weekdays (All Good):

We arrived at the beginning of the week and left at the beginning of the weekend. During the weekdays everything was perfect, our room got cleaned well, the shuttles were running on time and everything was fine and it was quiet and relaxing.

I was not sure what to expect of the customer service from D.C since I have had bad experiences in NYC, Chicago and other big cities, but I give Big Kudos to all the shuttle drivers, they were very polite and always willing to help. Also the valet parking attendant of Wednesday Morning (2/13/13) was very helpful by coordinating Taxi and recommending a faster way to get to our destination. He was very busy and taking care of a lot of guests at the same time, but remained polite.

3) Weekend (Where everything went downhill): Now it comes Friday night and where the two stars rating were lost. On Friday night it went from a quiet and relaxing hotel to a circus. The walls are paper thin since we were able to hear the people next to our room having sex, the wall and our bed were shaking from the activity taking place in the room next door.

Then later we heard loud music and possibly coming from the dance club that the hotel has. If that is the case then they have poor sound isolation. The music was blasting until 12:30am.

Since 6pm on Friday a large group of teens took over several rooms next to each other and were very loud in the intermittent basis. It was hard to report them because they will get loud and start arguing every 30 - 45 minutes and go quiet. They started to drink and get loud from 6pm to the next morning at 6am. We were not able to get any sleep. I am sure that someone may have reported them, but it seems that nothing was done.

In conclusion, If it wasn't because of Friday's incidents, I think I got a good value for the money, however, Friday was a torture and left a bad impression on us and I am concern that we got lucky since the hotel was quiet for the majority of our stay, but I would not stay again this hotel afraid that it may be usually noisy and the rooms have very poor sound isolation. Another factor that will deter me from staying in this hotel is for not having free internet access from the rooms.

I am glad that I do not have kids, it would have been interesting having to explain the noises of the people having sex and all the profanity being shouted during the night.

Room Tip: 10th floor of north tower have paper thin walls. There are a quarter inch gaps in the doors that let...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient for your needs. I am unsure where you saw the hotel advertised as offering free Internet. We can only control the content on our site, but if you provide me with the website that offered this I will be glad to follow up with them to try and have this corrected.

I understand your feeling on the Internet charge. This is not a hotel decision, but one made by Hilton Worldwide. All full service hotels within Hilton Worldwide do charge for the Internet. Actually, this is the same decision made at all major hotel chains (Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, etc) as they too charge for the Internet at their full service hotels. We do offer complimentary Internet in our Lobby, Lobby Bar and business center. While not as convenient as having it in your room, it is an alternative for those that do not want to pay. Also, we do have some room packages that include Internet in the rate.

We are fortunate to have a location that offers such fantastic unobstructed views of Washington DC. I am glad you were able to enjoy the view from your room. My apologies to you that the vent in the bathroom was dusty and the towel was stained. I do hope if you follow up with me about the Internet ad that you include your room number so I can ask the Director of Housekeeping to follow up on both of those challenges.

I appreciate your kind words about the bellmen and the valet and will ensure both they and their superiors see those comments. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the majority of your staff, but apologize the weekend was not as enjoyable.

Room to room noise is not a challenge for most of our guests and I am sorry this was for you. I can understand why it was disturbing for you. It is unlikely that the Skydome, which sits 5 floors up was the source of the loud music as I have never heard a comment from any guests that the Skydome music caused a disturbance. Regardless of the source, I am sorry you were disturbed by the loud music. We do our best to minimize disturbances from other guests and have security available 24/7 to respond to any complaints. While they do constantly patrol the floors there are times we need to rely on guest comments to be made aware of a noise disturbance. In the future, I recommend that you call the hotel operator to let us know. Please do not assume someone else will report it as they may assume the same thing. Security will respond quickly to quiet down the disturbance and will not reveal to any guest who it was that made the complaint. We want to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay.

Thank you again for your review. While I am glad the majority of your stay was a positive experience, I am sorry that your last night left a bad impression on you. I do hope you and the other readers of this review will read the many other reviews to see your challenge is not something that is experienced very often. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hello! I just returned from a week long trip to find that my battery was dead. The valet at the Doubletree Hotel took excellent care of me. He used his own car to jump start mine and made sure that my daughter was safe and warm in the hotel while we got it jumped started. He went above and beyond my expectations while ensuring that we got home safe. Thank you so much for this service and for the great customer care the valet took. I would recommend this service. The shuttle, billing and everything related to the parking was great. Thanks again for making our home coming less stressful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass on your comment to the Parking Director. While the valet service is run from an outside company, the employees work hard to offer the same high level service that we expect from hotel employees. It is so nice to read that this was your experience.

I can imagine how upsetting it is to arrive to a dead battery, but glad the valet attendant responded quickly and was helpful to you and your daughter.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The reason I did not give this hotel a higher rating was due to the fact of water pressure in the shower. I have thick hair and barely had enough pressure to wash my hair from the faucet. Also the water was not hot. The sky dome restaurant was very busy and you just stay in line right outside the elevator where there is no room, we chose to leave and eat elsewhere. We stayed in the North Tower and our room had a very nice view. Pentagon was right across from our window. When we returned from dinner I stopped someone that worked there that was on the 10th floor and asked her if they had any box fans (trained to sleep with a fan) and she had one show up in 15 minutes. Awesome service!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a positive stay experience, but apologize for the lack of water pressure. Typically this is not a challenge for our guests so it may be isolated to the room you were in. I do hope you will follow up with me directly and give me the room number so the Director of Property Operations can look into this further.

The Skydome was busier than usual due to Valentine's Day. The spectacular view and unique experience make this a very popular destination for couples on the days prior & post Valentine's Day. I am sorry you did not wait to get in, but hope you return soon so you can have an enjoyable Skydome experience.

It is nice to read that although you did not get to enjoy the view from the Skydome that you did from your room. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful unobstructed view of Washington DC from many of our rooms. I appreciate you mentioning the service and glad your request was met quickly.

Thank you again for the review and as always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I asked for a wheelchair accessible room with a roll-in shower and got it! The room was very spacious. The beds at the perfect height for a wheelchair. An alcove with a shelf and bar with hangers at the right for someone in a wheelchair. Electrical outlets and light switches were reachable and usable by someone with limited dexterity. The bathroom met every ADA spec with a fold down bench bolted to the shower wall where yiu could reach the contols and soap dish. Downside there is a weird bracket that the shower wand would vibrate out of position and fall out. It could use an in room refrigerator. Dining room in lobby and bar were accessible. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. It is not within rolling distance of anything. They run a shuttle in the evening but I used my car and did not ask if shuttle was accessible. Everything was expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. Based on availability, we do try to meet all requests so it is nice to read that we were able to offer you your requested room type. Our ADA rooms were designed to make it easy for someone in a wheelchair to not only get around, but also do what is needed with ease. I appreciate you mentioning the challenge you had the with shower wand and will pass this comment to our Director of Property Operations so he can follow up on it immediately.

We do offer refrigerators in our more recently refurbished rooms and plan on doing so in all rooms after they are all completed. However, we do have refrigerators available upon request and if one is available we are happy to deliver it.

We do have an accessible shuttle and our drivers are all training on how to properly use the lift. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading to me responses to contact me anytime.