“Good value at great accommodation”

DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Clinton, Tennessee, United States
“Good value at great accommodation”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Have been to this hotel multiple times over several year-span. The remodeling that had hotel is disarray last time was mostly finished and everything looked great! Room faced DC so had a nice view this time. Staff friendly and sought ways to help. Very convenient airport shuttle and also shuttle to metro at Pentagon City (alas, no time to shop this trip!). A good value that is still close enough to get around easily.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing DC have a great view of Capitol and Washington Monument
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes, it was a challenge to get through the renovation process, but the end result has made it worth it. Many repeat guests that experienced the pre-renovation, during renovation, and post -renovation product have agreed with you that the change is significantly positive.

I appreciate you mentioning the staff as we are working hard to exceed each of our guests' expectations. That is fantastic that you got to experience a view room. The location of this hotel allows us to have the best views of Washington DC of any area hotel. I hope you also made it up to the Skydome to enjoy the panoramic view offered there.

The shuttle to the Metro is a very useful amenity offered to our guests; especially in tough weather. However many of our guests enjoy the short walk to the Metro & Mall (7-10 minutes), but it is nice for them to have the option.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Our room was clean. The staff was very nice. The location is good. The walk to the Pentagon City metro station about .3 mile. Rates were very good. The parking lot was a little crazy, and very tight. Apparently they rent the parking lot for long term parking and it was quite full.

Stayed December 2012
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is great to read that you had such an enjoyable experience. Over the holiday timeframe when the hotel is slower, the company that runs the garage does sell "park n fly" reservations for those that want to park at the hotel for cheaper than it is at the airport while they are out of town. However, when the hotel is busier this package is available on a much more limited basis so our guests have plenty of parking available.

I am happy to read you found your room to your liking and appreciate you commenting on how clean it was. Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Northop, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed for two nights in December. I had contacted the hotel before I left the UK to see if one of our rooms could be upgraded to a Washington View room as my neice was celebrating her 21st birthday. The hotel very kindly not only upgraded her but also myself and my husband. They then went even further and gave us a free breakfast each as well. This was a very kind gesture which we are very grateful for.

The hotel itself was very clear and our rooms were lovely and (after having just stayed in NYC) very roomy. The location was great as it was a short walk (however there was a shuttle bus) to the mall and the metro. The prices also within the hotel were not as expensive as I would have thought. The added bonus of a hot cookie when you check in is lovely.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable and happy.

All in all we loved our stay here and would certainly recommend it to others and are looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Washington View Rooms as the view is outstanding.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you contacting me prior to your arrival as I do enjoy hearing from people that read my responses. We are so glad we had the opportunity to assist in making your neice's birthday a special memory.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed your rooms and found them spacious. The option of walking (7-10 minutes) or taking the shuttle to the Metro/Mall is something our guests really like having. So many are anxious to walk in the morning, but then too tired from a long day of sight-seeing and take advantage of the shuttle in the afternoon.

The cookie is a nice way to be welcomed to the hotel. Thank you again for the review and for the great recommendation. We hope you return so we can continue to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed in a one bedroom suite and couldn't have been happier. The service from check in to check out was excellent. Very prompt room service and great views of the DC area. Close proximity to attractions and shuttle service also. The staff was extremely friendly and offered great advice to surrounding restaurants. The room was perfect and the bed was so comfortable I didn’t want to get up. The Sky Lounge is a must with great panoramic views of the city. Overall A+++

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am really glad to read that you had such a great experience. The suites are very comfortable so it great that you got to enjoy that room type. I appreciate you mentioning the top notch service you received as our staff works very hard to make exceed each guests' expectation.

I agree that all guests should go and experience the Skydome Restaurant/Lounge as the views of DC are unbeatable. We are honored to be given the grade of an A++++.

Thank you again for the review and as always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Stevensville
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the un-renovated North Tower for the view (which was great). Though the rooms were a little dated I appreciated being given the option to chose between the view and the renovated rooms. The layout was a little bizarre in the lobby area and getting to the parking/shuttle area. Very much appreciated the free, every 15 minute shuttle from the hotel to DCA. Had room service-food was good. Was given late check out option because of my late flight out of DC. Overall, great experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciate that you mentioned the rooms in the North Tower as the connotation that goes with "un-renovated" is negative, when in actuality so many guests enjoy the North Tower rooms; especially the view rooms. I am glad this was your experience as well.

I am not sure what you found bizarre about the lobby, but welcome any suggestions or feedback you may have. You are correct, the airport shuttles sure make it convenient to get to/from Reagan Airport. We also offer a shuttle to the Metro, but many guests prefer the quick 3 block walk (7-10 minutes).

Thank you again for the review and I am glad you had a positive experience. We hope you return so we can work hard to continue to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pros:
- Airport shuttle, close to airport
- Large room
- Close to mall
- Decent gym

Cons:
- Older hotel
- Safety/security issue with balcony

This hotel is located within a couple miles of the airport, so the shuttle ride is about 5-10 minutes.  There is also a shuttle that goes to the mall, so there are plenty of food options.  The shuttle is shared with Embassy Suites, but it doesn't cause any inconvenience.  I found the room to be somewhat dated, but very large, and it had a nice view from the large balcony.  The downside of the balcony, however, is that it's shared with the room beside you.  The sliding doors have a pretty flimsy lock that probably could be opened from outside without a lot of effort.  This certainly did not give me the best feeling of security while in the room. Overall, it's a decent airport hotel and I would stay there again, but no balcony room.

Room Tip: No balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary shuttles as it is a favorite amenity of our guests. Also having the option to walk to the Metro/Mall due to it being only 3 blocks away (7-10 minute walk) is nice.

I am unaware of any security challenges with the sliding doors to the balcony, but will pass on your concerns to the Director of Security. I appreciate you sharing this. The balcony rooms are adjoining rooms so there is the option to rent out both if you would like to enjoy an extra long balcony. We have many suites with a balcony that have been recently updated, but I am sorry if you did not get one of these. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the size of your suite. Luckily we have many room types so if a balcony suite is not for you there are many other options.

Thank you again for the review and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

UK
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a very convenient hotel for the airport and has the benefit of shuttles to the airport as well as to Pentagon City metro station. The lobby looks great but my room was quite shabby and overdue for renovation.

Also the hotel closed their pool for renovation without making this clear when I booked, which was a huge disappointment.

The price I paid was very good for a Washington hotel, and staff certainly were very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs. The complimentary shuttles definitely make getting around much easier.

I am sorry that you were disappointed in your room accommodations. We do have many rooms that were recently renovated and there is a plan to complete the rest of them. I do hope you will contact me directly so I can be sure that if you return you are given a more recently updated room. Many of our guests really enjoy the rooms even though they have not been renovated yet, but I am sorry that was not your experience. I do want to let you and other readers know that the engineering team is going through each one of the rooms that have not yet been renovated to update them as much as possible until the formal renovation begins in 2014.

Actually, the pool was not closed due to renovation. It was a needed repair and once we found out, we did post a note on our website to alert as many guests as we could. I am sorry that you were disappointed about the pool being closed. I appreciate you mentioning the helpfulness of the staff. We work hard to exceed all of our guests' expectations.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. I invite anyone to contact me anytime.