DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed in a one bedroom suite and couldn't have been happier. The service from check in to check out was excellent. Very prompt room service and great views of the DC area. Close proximity to attractions and shuttle service also. The staff was extremely friendly and offered great advice to surrounding restaurants. The room was perfect and the bed was so comfortable I didn’t want to get up. The Sky Lounge is a must with great panoramic views of the city. Overall A+++

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am really glad to read that you had such a great experience. The suites are very comfortable so it great that you got to enjoy that room type. I appreciate you mentioning the top notch service you received as our staff works very hard to make exceed each guests' expectation.

I agree that all guests should go and experience the Skydome Restaurant/Lounge as the views of DC are unbeatable. We are honored to be given the grade of an A++++.

Thank you again for the review and as always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stevensville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the un-renovated North Tower for the view (which was great). Though the rooms were a little dated I appreciated being given the option to chose between the view and the renovated rooms. The layout was a little bizarre in the lobby area and getting to the parking/shuttle area. Very much appreciated the free, every 15 minute shuttle from the hotel to DCA. Had room service-food was good. Was given late check out option because of my late flight out of DC. Overall, great experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciate that you mentioned the rooms in the North Tower as the connotation that goes with "un-renovated" is negative, when in actuality so many guests enjoy the North Tower rooms; especially the view rooms. I am glad this was your experience as well.

I am not sure what you found bizarre about the lobby, but welcome any suggestions or feedback you may have. You are correct, the airport shuttles sure make it convenient to get to/from Reagan Airport. We also offer a shuttle to the Metro, but many guests prefer the quick 3 block walk (7-10 minutes).

Thank you again for the review and I am glad you had a positive experience. We hope you return so we can work hard to continue to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Pros:
- Airport shuttle, close to airport
- Large room
- Close to mall
- Decent gym

Cons:
- Older hotel
- Safety/security issue with balcony

This hotel is located within a couple miles of the airport, so the shuttle ride is about 5-10 minutes.  There is also a shuttle that goes to the mall, so there are plenty of food options.  The shuttle is shared with Embassy Suites, but it doesn't cause any inconvenience.  I found the room to be somewhat dated, but very large, and it had a nice view from the large balcony.  The downside of the balcony, however, is that it's shared with the room beside you.  The sliding doors have a pretty flimsy lock that probably could be opened from outside without a lot of effort.  This certainly did not give me the best feeling of security while in the room. Overall, it's a decent airport hotel and I would stay there again, but no balcony room.

Room Tip: No balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary shuttles as it is a favorite amenity of our guests. Also having the option to walk to the Metro/Mall due to it being only 3 blocks away (7-10 minute walk) is nice.

I am unaware of any security challenges with the sliding doors to the balcony, but will pass on your concerns to the Director of Security. I appreciate you sharing this. The balcony rooms are adjoining rooms so there is the option to rent out both if you would like to enjoy an extra long balcony. We have many suites with a balcony that have been recently updated, but I am sorry if you did not get one of these. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the size of your suite. Luckily we have many room types so if a balcony suite is not for you there are many other options.

Thank you again for the review and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a very convenient hotel for the airport and has the benefit of shuttles to the airport as well as to Pentagon City metro station. The lobby looks great but my room was quite shabby and overdue for renovation.

Also the hotel closed their pool for renovation without making this clear when I booked, which was a huge disappointment.

The price I paid was very good for a Washington hotel, and staff certainly were very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs. The complimentary shuttles definitely make getting around much easier.

I am sorry that you were disappointed in your room accommodations. We do have many rooms that were recently renovated and there is a plan to complete the rest of them. I do hope you will contact me directly so I can be sure that if you return you are given a more recently updated room. Many of our guests really enjoy the rooms even though they have not been renovated yet, but I am sorry that was not your experience. I do want to let you and other readers know that the engineering team is going through each one of the rooms that have not yet been renovated to update them as much as possible until the formal renovation begins in 2014.

Actually, the pool was not closed due to renovation. It was a needed repair and once we found out, we did post a note on our website to alert as many guests as we could. I am sorry that you were disappointed about the pool being closed. I appreciate you mentioning the helpfulness of the staff. We work hard to exceed all of our guests' expectations.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

Florianopolis, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It is a big hotel but very quiet. My room was huge. Everything was ok. Clean, wifi access, comfortable bed, a/c perfect.It is located close to Pentagon Mall and Ronald Reagan airport. They have shuttle to take you to the mall and the airport.It is a good advantage.I did not eat there.

Room Tip: higher floors you can have the view of the city
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. This time of year in the DC area is much quieter. If you are interested in seeing it a little noisier/busier please come back in April to have a different kind of experience. However, we work hard to offer our guests quiet accommodations so no one is disturbed and gets a good night's sleep.

Also keep in mind that even though the hotel is quieter this time of year the Skydome remains busy on most nights. I recommend all of our guests go up there to experience the truly unique atmosphere.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Full disclosure: got a $69+tax rate on name your own on Priceline. Nice staff. Free parking. Bathroom was OK except that the backs of all the room doors had dirty hand and fingerprints on them. I find this problem in a lot of hotels, don't understand why housekeepers can't just give the door a wipe on their way out. There was an air purifier in the room, which combined with the old fashioned a/c room unit created a lot of noise. I shut the purifier off to sleep. I suspect it was in the room because of a mold problem. The ceiling was the dropped ceiling with tiles, all mismatched, some falling, some damaged, some waterstained and moldy looking. Furniture was careworn but bed was comfortable. Can't comment on food or drinks because I didn't engage - just stayed there for a quick overnight for local business to avoid our hellish DC traffic. I would advise against paying the advertised rates for this hotel, but for <$80 it's a fair deal, close to metro, etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not happy with your room conditions. Actually the air purifier is there to help our guests that have sensitive allergies. We have many PURE rooms in the hotel and they are quite popular. The air purifier is supposed to have minimal noise and I am sorry if the one in your room was louder than it should have been. I can understand why this would disturb you.

I appreciate the suggestion on the back of the doors. While I believe that procedure is already in place with the housekeepers, I have passed your comment to the Director of Housekeeping so he can remind them not to neglect the back of the doors.

There are many parts of the hotel that were renovated as late as 2012, but I am sorry we did not get to the room you stayed in yet. I do hope you return so we can offer you a room or suite that exceeds your expectations.

Your review mentions free parking and while we do have room packages that include parking, the current charge for parking is $24.95 to self park and $29 for valet; both per day.

Thank you again for the review and for choosing to stay with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was in town for a funeral and my self and my husband stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton-Washington DC-Crystal City after traveling all night we checked in at around 2:30am the staff was wonderful with accomidation us we were greeted at the door and check in was smooth as fast and best of all we were giving a delightful chocolate chip cookie to top it off i would most definatly stay again and i will be visiting soon. Thank you for a great stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RUDEONE72
Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had a nice stay experience. We always try to have warm Doubletree cookies available for all guests, even the really late arrivals. It is a nice way to help welcome our guests to the hotel.

We hope you return soon, but for a happier reason. Thank you for the review and I am sorry for your loss. As always, I invite anyone reading my reviews to contact me anytime.