DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
New York City, New York
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Although I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member and usually get great service at Hilton family brand hotels, I must say that the service that I have received at the Doubletree Crystal City was excellent. The staff at the reception desk were very extremely pleasant and welcoming as were the room service and the café staff.

The carpet in the room on the first night had a few stains, but my second room was extremely clean and without any carpet stains.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is great to read you had such a nice stay. I really appreciate you mentioning the friendly staff. We try hard to make sure each guest interaction is a positive one.

My apologies for the carpet condition in your first room, but I am glad it was not repeated in your second room. I am sure if you reported it to us, the Director of Housekeeping took action to remove the stain.

Thank you again for the review and for your recommendation. We hope you return soon and will work very hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We checked in early in the morning and our room was ready. We are Gold Hilton Honors and were received an awesome upgrade (Thank you! ) We had a welcome message on our phone and a welcome letter was given to us at check-in. The message was clear, if something was not right let them know and it would be taken care of.
We were going to try and ride the shuttle to the Metro but there were a lot of people waiting so we decided to walk. The bellman did not just give us directions but took us around the building to show us landmarks to find our way. It took us about 7 minutes to walk to the Pentagon City Station.

Our bed was very comfortable and we slept well in the dark room. Our housekeeper Maria, gave us extra towels and shampoo that I had requested. The room was clean.

The next morning we had breakfast in the Cafe. They did not have the buffet that morning and so we ordered off the menu. It was a little hectic since it seemed everyone else have arrived at breakfast at the same time. The two waiters (Juan and Mohammed) were being worked hard. Even though, they were running every which way, they were friendly and tried hard to make sure we were taken care of. It was nice to see "suits" in the kitchen trying to help with the breakfast rush.
Being sore from all the walking from the previous day, we decided to take the shuttle, we had just missed the shuttle but the bellman called to see if could come back and he did! :-) The shuttle also stops at the Embassy.
We ate at the Skydome for dinner. I had the Doubletree burger and fries (About $15). It was good and still hot even after the elevator ride up from the kitchen. The view was awesome and the service was good!
The next morning we were going to try the shuttle again to the Metro. It was a cold morning so one of the bellman tolds us we could stay inside and wait for the shuttle. After a few minutes, I asked about when the shuttle was going to arrive and was told that it had aready come. (ugh) So we walked to the Metro so we could make our tour time. It really isn't a bad walk unless you are sore from all the walking you had been doing. :-)
On our bill, there was another note telling us to let them know if something had not been right and to let them know BEFORE we left so they could fix it.

The Lobby Bar was closed during our visit (It was a holiday) so I can't say review it.

We will enjoyed our stay and we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you found out early in your stay that it is our goal to make sure every guest is satisfied every time. Our guests enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro or taking the shuttle. It is nice to read that the bellman showed you rather than just pointing you in the right direction.

It is important that you found your bed comfortable and were able to get a good night sleep. While everything else in a hotel can be important, ultimately what matters most is a good night's sleep.

I appreciate you mentioning Juan and Mohammed and will be sure that they are shown your comment so they can be properly recognized. Yes, it is common to see the management helping out, as regardless of an employee's position the customer's satisfaction comes first.

That is great that you took the time to experience the Skydome. I really recommend it to all of our guests as it is truly a unique experience in this area. It is the only revolving rooftop lounge between Atlanta & New York. Some people enjoy a drink while others enjoy dinner; either way it is worth it to go up there at least once during your stay.

I am very sorry that you missed the shuttle. The drivers are supposed to come in to the lobby and announce it prior to leaving. This is routine and it is rare that it does not happen. Again my apologies either you did not hear it or it did not happen. The drivers will be shown this comment so they can be sure to make the loud announcement each time. I appreciate you being so understanding.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you return again so we can work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Down in DC/VA for a college hoops game with friends and family.
The hotel is nice inside and out. Looks like an old building(inside) with some renovations.
Check in was pretty quick and of course there was the warm cookies. The place also has a indoor pool overlooking DC on the 14th floor and a rotating lounge/restaurant called the Skydome on the 15th floor. They offer valet parking or self parking but valet is $24plus/day. Internet access is also somewhere around $15/day but we received one complimentary because I am a Hilton Honors member.
This was a road trip for me and my buddy. When we checked in and got into the room, the toilet seat was disturbingly grundgy. It was quickly fixed with a new one once I called maintenance and requested one. The place was great with customer care and attentiveness. The location and parking was a good area and if you chose to park on the street it is not a problem, as the hotel is next to a one way street and that street is next to the hwy.
I definitely would repeat

Room Tip: Street parking is good especially on wknds if you dont want to pay for parking. Ask the hotel for a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I am glad your check in experience was efficient and of course it is always nice to be welcomed with a warm cookie. Luckily, due to our location the North Tower offers views of Washington DC that other hotels can not. The Skydome is the best place to see so many of the fantastic sites that DC and Northern Virginia have to offer. It is a unique experience as there are not any other revolving rooftop lounges in the area.

I am sorry the toilet seat was below standard as that should have been caught prior to your check in. However, I am glad it was replaced quickly for you. I appreciate you mentioning the staff and their attentiveness to ensuring you had a positive stay experience.

In slower times, like a Nov/Dec parking on the streets is much easier. However, during weekdays or peak times this may be more difficult. The spots are metered, but after 6pm there is not charge until 6am the following morning. The majority of our guests park in the on site parking garage.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the DoubleTree for one night. It is a lovely hotel and very comfortable. The staff are very accommodating. They have a shuttle to the Pentagon Mall. Unless you have your own transport, it is a little too far out. The room was lovely and very comfortable and I had a small view of the Pentagon itself from my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you had a great hotel experience. I appreciate you mentioning the hotel staff as we try to make every guest interaction a positive one. Actually, many of our guests enjoy the walk to the Penagon Fashion Centre Mall as it is only 3 blocks (a 7-10 minute walk). However, it is nice to be able to offer our guests that prefer not to walk the option of taking the complimentary shuttle.

So many of our rooms offer a view of the Washington DC attractions. Of course while those views are spectacular, I recommend to all guests to visit the Skydome. In my unbiased opinion it is the absolute best view of the Washington DC area you will find. The Skydome offers a unique experience as it is the only revolving rooftop lounge in the area.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me directly.

Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Everything about this stay was perfect, the hotel facility is beautiful, the rooms are fantastic, staff is attentive but not too much, it is easy to get to from the airport and only a short (ok, medium) walk to the Metro. I was able to go on a morning run on a trail by the water and had a nice breakfast in the lobby cafe. I agree with the others that the bar was a little expensive but that not unusual in DC. One minor note - the entire hotel has nice Kohler sinks and fixtures and it really stands out compared to the stuff other hotels use. My suite had plenty of room and was very quiet despite being near the airport. A standout feature of the room is that there are power outlets everywhere! With all of the gadgets we travel with now this was very helpful.

Room Tip: I was in the South Tower in a suite which was fantastic. From my room there was no view (just the si...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank thetoolman42
Thank you for your review. We are so honored to be your new favorite hotel in the DC area. We will work hard to continue to stay atop your list. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your room. The good thing about the medium walk (3 blocks; 7-10 minutes) to the Metro/Mall is if a guest prefers to rest their feet for a long day of touring inside DC, a complimentary shuttle is offered.
Aside from the Metro, I am glad you found the location convenient for your needs. Unlike guests of a hotel inside DC, our guests can feel comfortable taking a nice scenic jog.

When the suites and rooms were renovated earlier this year, we did so with the idea to make it as perfect for the guests as possible. One common complaint in a hotel is the lack of outlets os as you mentioned, we were sure to provide enough to meet the guest's needs. I am glad that you noticed the sinks and found them to your liking compared to what you have found at other hotels.

Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

A nice hotel, rooms were quiet. At check in I was a bit disappointed to not be greeted as a Gold Status Member, it was not the traditional Hilton check in experience I have come to expect. The bar was very expensive, $4 just for a glass of sparkling water and lime. The receiving area for vehicles was very small, even my little VW felt cramped in the drive. But there were plenty of elevators to get to my room and the bed and room was very comfortable. And the hotel was very close to all of the businesses I needed to visit as well as a great shopping area- Pentagon City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your HHonors status was not recognized at check in. I will be sure to pass your comment to the Director of Front Office so she can go over this with her staff. We value all guests, but especially our HHonors members and need to be sure to thank them (you) when given the opportunity.

Our Food & Beverage Director often checks the prices to ensure they are in line with other area hotels, but I am sorry you found them to be expensive. It is nice to read that enjoyed your room and the location of the hotel.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I just want to say the wait staff in dining area both mornings were so amazing! Helpful, friendly, and courteous! They made the hotel even better than it was! Front desk staff was polite and very accommodating!!! Great job employees!!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. It is great to read that the staff exceeded your expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them. We work hard to make each guest interaction a positive one.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.