I stayed here for business for 2 nights and had booked the package that included parking and breakfast as well as metro passes for each day. I'm glad the parking was included since it would have been $24 per day otherwise! The lobby was so much nicer than you'd expect just looking at the outside of the hotel. Checking in was kind of horrible. It took over 30 minutes standing in the HHonors line to even reach the counter (even though there were only 2 people ahead of me). Once I finally got up to the counter, the person working behind the desk told me parking would be $24, so I had to point out that it should be included in my rate. He had to check on it, but eventually said I was right. Then he forgot the metro passes and breakfast vouchers, which I had to ask for as well. Then he started to tell me where the room was but didn't give me my keys until I had asked for those, too. He had already said have a nice stay and tried to move on to the next customer before I asked if I could have my welcome cookie. So basically, I could have checked myself in better than the agent at the HHonors desk did. That was pretty disappointing, but I was still looking forward to the stay since the lobby was so nice - I was sure the room would be great.
I had booked a King room with a balcony, but I was not upgraded to a newly renovated room despite being a Hilton Diamond member. This is the second Hilton in this area that has not upgraded me despite there being rooms available. The room that I was put in did have a nice balcony, although I requested a high floor and instead got one on a mid-level. The hallways were so old and had a weird old smell to them... something you might expect from a low quality hotel that hasn't been updated since the '80s. The room was a little better, but still very outdated and old feeling. The pillows on the bed had holes in them and feathers were coming out all over the place. The bathroom was the nicest part of the room, but nothing particularly great to write home about - the tub was very, very shallow.
I used a breakfast voucher in the morning, which the waiter explained would be valid for the breakfast buffet. The buffet was pretty standard - bad scrambled eggs, various breakfast meats, home fries and pancakes, etc. There were a few kinds of fruit as well and some oatmeal and cereals to choose from. I finished my breakfast and was presented with a bill. They tried to tell me that I had "upgraded" my breakfast when I took some home fries because they were from the "hot" portion of the buffet. There was nothing there indicating that the section of the counter that had the hot things was going to cost extra. The breakfast would usually have been something like $16 - why would there be an extra charge for the food that constituted over half of the buffet???? I didn't even bother going to breakfast there the second day. Although convenient if free, the food definitely wasn't good enough to pay for.
The only redeeming things about this hotel were the nice looking lobby, the friendly staff at the bar, and the convenient distance to the metro (you can walk there in about 10 minutes or so). If not for that, I'd have rated it lower than just 'average.'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City