I got a discount online for this hotel prepaid. It was great for the price I got (about a quarter of the rack rate), and in light of that it was a good deal. The room was clean and was nice and comfortable, though strangely arranged. The TV was great and was real HD that was actually adjusted, not like in some hotels.
The hotel was horribly located, however, and there were no reasonably priced eateries around unless one took the shuttle to the overcrowed touristy mall nearby. In fact, it was about five long blocks to any metro, supermarket, etc, though there was a small store that sold basic items fairly close.
The restaurant itself was way overpriced, though the breakfast buffet was an expensive, but convenient choice. There was a lot of construction, and things were tore up. This was very inconvenient if you arrived carrying bags, as no one was there to help me at first. There was one bellperson (wish I got his name) who was great but otherwise the service was uninspired and no one seemed very interested. Taxis seemed remarkably hard to come by even if they called one for you. There was supposed to be a "business center" which was standing at an old computer in the lobby. The printer was broken, and no one seemed to mind much the inconvenience it caused.
All and all, a good place to stay if you have to be in Crystal City, but if you are thinking of going to DC it seems isolated and rather removed. And bring a load of cash if you aren't out at mealtime, because there aren't many options around. But don't expect top-flight service and unless the price says "I can get a DC-area hotel for that?!Awesome deal!" it is probably not worth the trouble and you can do much better paying full price elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel minutes from Ronald Reagan National Airport and located across the Potomac from Washington D.C. just two blocks from the Pentagon and Fashion Centre Shopping Mall. Houses the areas only revolving rooftop restaurant and lounge featuring views of the DC skyline. Amenities include luxurious guest rooms and suites with high speed internet access, fitness center, indoor heated pool, lobby bar, cafe, and fine dining restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton - Washington Dc - Crystal City Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Hotel Arlington
- Doubletree Crystal City National Airport
- Doubletree Hotel Crystal City