DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City
$109
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$89
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$87
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

$169
$119
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

$123
$98
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$76
$73
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

$72
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$102
$84
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$96
$89
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$179
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $274/night.

3,093 results
All reviewsdouble treenorth towerrevolving restaurantskydome restaurantcrystal citywarm cookieslobby barpentagon city metrowhole foodsself parkingbreakfast buffetwashington dcfree shuttleshopping mallshuttle servicereagan airportfitness center
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Attentiveness by the staff was superb from the moment I arrived (valet was even concerned that I took a cab instead of calling them to come pick me up from Reagan National). The lobby was under construction in places, but nothing too bad. Room amenities were great, and I received a HHonors upgrade to a view of the Potomac and DC, which was fabulous. My only issue was with the water temperature not getting very hot in the morning, but a manager apologized profusely and credited back the cost of a movie. Easy access to the Pentagon City METRO station on foot or via shuttle.

Room Tip: Opt for a city view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to read you had such a great experience. We try to offer upgrades to our HHonors members when occupancy allows us to. I am glad you mentioned the lobby renovation is not impactful to the guest experience. The word renovation often scares off many potential guests, but it really has no impact right now on anyone's stay. My apologies that the water temperature did not get as hot as you would have liked, but I am very happy to read that you received a helpful response when reporting this challenge to the staff. The Pentagon Metro station is only 3 blocks away so you are correct, it is easy to get to walking or via the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you again for the review and I hope you return soon. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

The room and other facilities were typical for a DoubleTree, that is, very nice. The location is convenient for many Washington/Arlington activities. Although it is very near the Pentagon and Crystal City, it's a 10-12 minute walk to the nearest Metro station (Pentagon City, not Crystal City). While government offices are close, driving in this area is a real challenge for those unfamiliar with the maze of streets and freeways.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you found the facility to be very nice. I agree, the location is fantastic for both Arlington & Washington DC. It is a great option to over paying to be DC, but being close enough to enjoy the attractions. The 3 block walk to the Metro can take 7-12 minutes, but please do not forget about the complimentary shuttle which can be very useful, especially as the weather turns colder. I can understand why driving in the area can be confusing, but no more confusing (in my opinion) that driving in any unfamiliar location.

Thank you again for the review and I do hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone to contact me directly anytime.

Happy Travels -

Reviewed October 26, 2011

i stayed with my family in 2 rooms, for sightseeing, the room was of good size, clean and with all amenities and a comfortable beds, its close to all sightseeiing area in Washington DC

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank abuamer

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you had an excellent stay. You are correct, this hotel is the cloest VA hotel to Washington DC so the sight seeing attractions are really close. I hope you do return soon!

As always please contact me anytime

Reviewed October 26, 2011

The hotel is long overdue for a refresh. I simply would not go back there until the rooms and public spaces have been renovated.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Great! I hope to see you in March. Our public space renovation has begun and we are already in progress of renovating 169 rooms/suites. The rooms/suites should be complete by the end of the year and the public space is due to be completed in late Feb or early March. We look forward to your return.

As always I invite anyone to contact me anytime.

703-416-3836

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed at the hotel 10/9/11 thru 10/14/11 to attend a conference (I think it was room 918 or 919). The room was sufficient, clean, and maintained with very comfortable looking beds. While making my bed on 10/10 am, I discovered a bedbug traveling across the pillow I slept on (I still get creeping feelings writing this). I immediately contacted the front desk and was told security had to inspect. Security and House Keeping immediately came into my room (I was still in my PJ's with sleepy eyes); they collected a second bedbug into a glass (it was traveling under another pillow). I was told the bugs were probably from prior guests although I did not believe it. Once I was dressed, I was moved to another room on the 11th floor (1119?). The 2nd room was not as maintained, had a heavy chemical smell (caused my nose to run) and contained a portable air machine. I was handed room keys with an envelop containing a $20 restaurant gift certficate. I was so mortified and emotionally upset over the incident! AND I was not in a position to move to another hotel (no car, on federal orders, and it was a federal holiday). So I contacted the front desk asking for another room. My 3rd room ended up on the 8th floor (832ish?). The room seemed clean, no odor and mostly maintained (layout the same as the other 2 rooms). Although the front desk personnel was very compassionate, I contacted the conference coordinator extremely upset and concerned for other guest. She immediately contacted the Sales Mgr who ended up comping my room for 1 night. In the following days, I received a comp dinner from a very compassionate waiter who worked via his manager; I also received execellent telephone customer support from Nicole and Cecilia. I honestly do not think I would have received excellent support if it were not for the conference coordinator taking action. I did not have one good nite's rest as I regularly woke up and looked the sheets over for bugs (about 4 times a night).

I would rate this experience as "Terrible" if it were not for the great, compassionate customer service. I am now staying at another hotel in Annapolis Junction, MD, for another conference. The room is fabulous. My problem now is my body is showing bite marks from the bed bugs in Crystal City (9 days afterwards). Actually, I only looked my body over the 1st two days after the discovery event not realizing bite marks could show several days later. When I found bites 9 days later, I thought it was my new hotel. However, after researching on-line, I've learned the bites can appear up to 14 days after the fact (http://www.badbedbugs.com/bed-bug-faq/ ). I also learned the bugs lay lots of eggs. Additionally, they insert two tubes when biting: one to anestisize and another to feed from. Therefore you do not feel the bites. No one from the hotel attempted to educate me on how to deal with this situation. If you search the Internet, you will find other postings of bedbugs at this hotel (2009/2010). Therefore, I feel they should have taken time to help me understand my way forward in this horrible ordeal (how to deal with clothing, what to expect regardeing bug bites, etc).

I know these bugs are a terrible problem. However, given a choice, I would not stay in this hotel again only because of the bug experience although I am grateful for the efforts to rectifiy the situation (eg: room comp, dinner, and compassionate personnel).

2  Thank J S
DoubletreeCrystal, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - Washington DC - Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Thank you for the review. I am sorry you had a poor experience during your recent visit, but I am glad to read you received great service from the staff. Actually, the information the housekeeper & security gave you could be correct. Bedbugs do not typically breed in the hotels, but they are brought in via luggage from guests. We have a very aggressive pest control policy and have an outside company to the hotel routinely. Pest activity is rare and I am extremely sorry you had to deal with this. Please keep in mind when going to a bed bug hotel registry website, that no back up is needed to enter a hotels name on the site. You may be surprised at how many (the large majority actually) of bed bug sightings turn out to be negative when tested by a professional. So all it takes is someone who thought they saw one to go to the outside website and register a hotel. Then there is nothing the hotel can do to combat this or have the name removed from the list. It would be much more beneficial to both the hotel and the consumer if the sight required documented proof of bedbug activity.

The 2nd room you were offered was a PURE room. The air machine is something that purifies the air and especially effective for people with allergies. I am surprised to read that you had a strong chemical odor in this room as these machines usually prevent this from happening. In fact, guests that are overly sensitive to smells or dust request this room type. Again, my apologies that you had a bad experience in this room type.

An employee at the hotel may not have the knowledge or backround to educate you on how to deal with a symptom or what to expect. That information should come from someone in the medical field or perhaps from someone who has had the same experience. I would not an employee to give you misinformation that could cause even more stress.

I am happy that the service you received was a positive in your stay experience. Your experience is far from the norm, but like you said these bugs are a terrible problem and this situation does occur in all hotels. Unfortunately no hotel can offer 100% guarantee against it. What we can do is exactly what we practice - -a routine aggressive preventative maintenance and if a sighting does occur an immediate aggressive response. In the case of a bed bug complaint, the room is immediately taken out of inventory. Then the pest company comes right out and will document a positive or negative result after an intense inspection. If it is negative, the room is treated as normal and put back into service. However, if it is a positive result the room is put out of order and treated as are the surrounding rooms. About a week later, another test is done in all rooms prior to them being put back into inventory. We work very hard to have the hotel environment be a safe and enjoyable one for all guests.

Thank you again for your review and I do invite you or anyone reading this to contact me anytime.