Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Americana Hotel(Arlington)
1,311 results
All reviewscrystal cityroad noisejefferson davis highwaymetro stationyellow linetwo blocksnational airportshort walkfridge and microwaveconvenient locationdc areaparking feewould definitely stay here againrental carfree internetbeds were very comfortablefront desk staff
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Good location in Crystal City. The room was a standard room. Has the sleep number comfort bed in which you could pick the firmness/softness of the mattress. I did not feel that it worked all that well. The front desk clerks were pleasant. There was nothing about this that was exceptional but if you want no surprises this is a place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed here for a work-related training event and was very impressed with the facility. First, when I called for a shuttle from the airport, I only waited about 5 minutes (or less). They were friendly on check in and showed me where I would need to go to get to my class. My room was clean; internet was free and fast (and I didn't have to go looking for a cable, it was right in the drawer); it had a microwave and fridge which I didn't use this trip, but could imagine using on personal travel. There are just a few items that I was even remotely dissatisfied with. First the faucet on the sink was set too far back on the countertop so it was hard to wash without getting water all over the counter. Second, was that the walls were pretty thin so I could hear the neighbors coughing and such. Thankfully the room's thermostat had a fan setting so I could run that all night to drown out any such noise. Finally, I couldn't get the dial a number bed to work for me even after reading the instructions. It would either go higher than I set it or lower and I don't know why. A more savvy person may have been happier with the bed. The things I liked most was the friendly staff, accessible shuttle, and it seemed to be in the middle of everything. The metro was only a few blocks away and I could find shopping and sights by taking that a few minutes in any direction. There was even some nice underground shopping just across the street and some great eating placed within walking distance. The shuttle was made available to take me to some of the nearby shopping and every time I took it, I didn't have to wait long at all and the driver was always so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Basic. Utilitarian. Serves a purpose. Everything about this property screams average. Stayed here for 3 nights as renovations were done on my house. The location is great. Metro is 2 blocks away; Pentagon City mall is 5 blocks; National Airport nearby. Some nice neighborhood bars around the corner. The Sleep Number Bed is an absolute joke...glad I never fell for the advertising and bought one for my house. Don't expect a view of anything as this hotel is located in Crystal City and you either get a view of neighboring buildings or the traffic on Jefferson Davis Highway. Average.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I stayed in my room for 15 minutes, decided I did not like it, and went next door to the new Hampton Inn (which was great). I got the run-around about a refund at the hotel, from the national Radisson offices, and in customer service tele-hell found that I had been recorded as checking out at 2 pm the next day (by which time I was on my flight; in any event, I'd only ever been in the room long enough to wash my hands). So dishonest, and so unapologetic about being dishonest -- from the desk staff to the national headquarters. I wouldn't stay at a Radisson hotel again on a bet.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank EdmontonResident
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Stayed here the last two times I had conferences in DC. If you stay in Arlington, the hotel price drops dramatically. That's why I originally picked the Radisson a few years ago. Liked it so much that a colleague and myself tried it again. It didn't disappoint. The SleepNumber beds are great. The staff is very good. You're very close to the Metro which whisks you in to DC in no time.

Cool little restaurant row just down the street too. If you like diner food, Cesar's Diner is quite good.

Good hotel, good value. Stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business