“Incredibly friendly and helpful staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Boston, Massachusetts
“Incredibly friendly and helpful staff!”
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I'm sitting in my room right now with a smile on my face. I'm not sure if people in general in DC are this friendly or if it's just the staff here at the hotel. Everyone I've encountered so far has such a great attitude.

First off, the hotel provides a free shuttle from the airport. I called the hotel just after I got off the plane and only had to wait about 5 minutes before the shuttle arrived.

I arrived at the hotel well before check-in time and the woman at the front desk tried as hard as she could to get me in to my room as early as she could. I decided it would be easier to check my bag at the front desk rather than rush everyone.

I spent the day seeing the sights and came back to the hotel to finally check-in. Antoine checked me in and it was friendly, quick, and painless.

I dropped my bag in my room, took a quick nap and then went to the hotel restaurant for a bite to eat. William served me and was just wonderful.

Now, during my quick nap I discovered that I could hear trucks making deliveries which I figured would wake me up early in the morning. After dinner I went back to the front desk where Antoine was totally sympathetic and moved me to a quieter room. He even let me check the room before I committed to it.

The sleep number bed seems interesting and was definitely comfortable during my nap. The first room had a wireless remote for the bed while the second room has a wired remote. Another quirky thing was the toilet seat in the first room wouldn't stay up as it was too close to the countertop. This was not a problem in the second room.

I don't come to DC often, but if I return I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
San Diego, CA
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Good location in Crystal City. The room was a standard room. Has the sleep number comfort bed in which you could pick the firmness/softness of the mattress. I did not feel that it worked all that well. The front desk clerks were pleasant. There was nothing about this that was exceptional but if you want no surprises this is a place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed here for a work-related training event and was very impressed with the facility. First, when I called for a shuttle from the airport, I only waited about 5 minutes (or less). They were friendly on check in and showed me where I would need to go to get to my class. My room was clean; internet was free and fast (and I didn't have to go looking for a cable, it was right in the drawer); it had a microwave and fridge which I didn't use this trip, but could imagine using on personal travel. There are just a few items that I was even remotely dissatisfied with. First the faucet on the sink was set too far back on the countertop so it was hard to wash without getting water all over the counter. Second, was that the walls were pretty thin so I could hear the neighbors coughing and such. Thankfully the room's thermostat had a fan setting so I could run that all night to drown out any such noise. Finally, I couldn't get the dial a number bed to work for me even after reading the instructions. It would either go higher than I set it or lower and I don't know why. A more savvy person may have been happier with the bed. The things I liked most was the friendly staff, accessible shuttle, and it seemed to be in the middle of everything. The metro was only a few blocks away and I could find shopping and sights by taking that a few minutes in any direction. There was even some nice underground shopping just across the street and some great eating placed within walking distance. The shuttle was made available to take me to some of the nearby shopping and every time I took it, I didn't have to wait long at all and the driver was always so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Basic. Utilitarian. Serves a purpose. Everything about this property screams average. Stayed here for 3 nights as renovations were done on my house. The location is great. Metro is 2 blocks away; Pentagon City mall is 5 blocks; National Airport nearby. Some nice neighborhood bars around the corner. The Sleep Number Bed is an absolute joke...glad I never fell for the advertising and bought one for my house. Don't expect a view of anything as this hotel is located in Crystal City and you either get a view of neighboring buildings or the traffic on Jefferson Davis Highway. Average.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I stayed in my room for 15 minutes, decided I did not like it, and went next door to the new Hampton Inn (which was great). I got the run-around about a refund at the hotel, from the national Radisson offices, and in customer service tele-hell found that I had been recorded as checking out at 2 pm the next day (by which time I was on my flight; in any event, I'd only ever been in the room long enough to wash my hands). So dishonest, and so unapologetic about being dishonest -- from the desk staff to the national headquarters. I wouldn't stay at a Radisson hotel again on a bet.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank EdmontonResident

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Stayed here the last two times I had conferences in DC. If you stay in Arlington, the hotel price drops dramatically. That's why I originally picked the Radisson a few years ago. Liked it so much that a colleague and myself tried it again. It didn't disappoint. The SleepNumber beds are great. The staff is very good. You're very close to the Metro which whisks you in to DC in no time.

Cool little restaurant row just down the street too. If you like diner food, Cesar's Diner is quite good.

Good hotel, good value. Stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Williamsville, NY
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Booked this hotel through Radisson.com. Booked for 3 adults 2 beds advance pre-pay non-refundable. Website showed "Guest Room with Sleep number bed". Before I booked online I called and questioned if this would have 2 beds and was told yes. Went to check in and was told I was booked in a room with a King bed. There was no room with 2 beds avaiable. There was no couch and no chance of getting a rollway bed for the 3rd person in the King room. I told the clerk that I spoke to someone before I reserved online and was told it had 2 beds. After complaining to the clerk, she had me speak to Tim (the front desk manager I think). I explained what happened. He typed in something and told me he needed to check on something. When he came back, he was able to get me a room with 2 beds for the entire stay of 4 nights. What a savior. This hotel was convenient to metro and restauarants. I think parking at the hotel for $20 per night was a bit much. Hotel restaurant was a bit pricey for breakfast. DIdn't care for the sleep number bed. I didn't have an issue with the outside traffic noise. Other than the online reservation issue I had, I wouldn't hesitate returning. I might not make the reservation online though.

Stayed July 2010