“Great Inauguration trip stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed June 1, 2009

The hotel was wonderful! On the Sunday before the Inauguration of President Obama, we were fortunate enough to be able to guarantee a late check-in and the staff was very accomadating. Check-in was fast, and when we entered our room, it was very clean and very nice. Our first impression was great. However, when we tried out the Sleep Number beds, one did not work (the remote would'n't display a number) and the adjustments weren't working right. The serviceman was able to fix the Sleep Number bed quickly and the rest of our stay was great! Breakfast was excellent and very reasonable, the gift shop and in-hotel Inauguration store was all a fantastic added touch! It was conveniently located near a metro stop, however you did have to cross a busy street and walk underground for quite sometime. It was within walking distance of the Crystal City shops, which had a great restaraunt named Jaleo, which had tapas and very tasty other dishes. Thanks to the Radisson for such a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed May 15, 2009

My husband and I and our two children ages 3 and 8 stayed . The room was fairly small with two full-size beds. The light between the beds did not work properly, the TV was the worst ever, old, picture quality terrible. Not good with 2 small children. There is no free breakfast here. The breakfast buffet was $15. pricey for small children. The Metro was about two blocks away. Restaurants walking distance. Safe neighborhood. Service was slow, despite the hotel not being very busy. Felt like we were bothering some, especially the waitresses. However, we felt safe in this area of town, even walking at twilight. Important with chidlren.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Our family spent three nights here during Cherry Blossom Festival. Our favorite thing about this hotel is the close proximity to the Crystal City Metro station. (Easy walk - even with kids.) There's a Chili's right across the street as well as the shops and restaurants in the Crystal City Underground. Everything was clean and comfortable. Our only complaint would be that the bathroom is small and there's no sink or dressing area outside of the bathroom. Still, we loved the Radisson and will definitely stay again. Parking ($20 per day) is right next door - easy in, easy out. Tip: the cost of our room over the weekend (Fri, Sat & Sun nights) was less than half of what it is during the week.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We stayed one night, 4/4/09, and booked a King sleep number bed for only $99. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a Junior Suite! Room was excellent & the bed was extremely comfortable. The road noise was a bit loud but tolerable. Bathroom was small but very clean. There was free coffee in the room plus a refrigerator & microwave. We ordered breakfast from room service & it arrived promptly at the time requested. The 2-egg omelette was more like a 4-egg omelette - very large, fluffy & delicious.

We selected this hotel for it's location & value. Wanted something affordable yet not too far from DC and convenient to the Metro. Well it was only a 2-3 block walk to the Metro from the Hotel! Also, parking for our car was free!!!

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2009

My 6 nite stay at this hotel was wonderful! When I arrived at the airport, I called for the free shuttle, and within 10 minutes was delivered to the hotel. All the staff were very gracious and helpful. There was actually a need for me to change rooms, due to a water leak, and the Hotel manager made sure that he was personally at the front desk to apologize for the inconvenience, and to compensate I was moved to a mini suite. Both rooms were very very clean, and very comfortable and of course the sleep number bed just makes it perfect!
This hotel is very reasonably priced, the neighborhood is pretty nice, so walking at nite wasn't an issue, the metro is a couple blocks away, there is a fun underground shopping center, as well as a multitude of restaurants walking distance from the hotel. I am definitely looking forward to stayng here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2009

My husband, son and I were looking for a place with a good value. This place had it all. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The people at check-in were helpful and even recommended a great sports bar, Crystal City Sports Bar, very close by. Great food and fun atmosphere. The location to the metro was wonderful. Only a few stops and you are in DC. The airport was about five minutes away and there are all kinds of eating venues within walking distance. If you are looking for a beautiful hotel with more amenities, you will pay more money. We were there for the sight seeing in DC and did not spend time at the hotel except to sleep. Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the building since you will hear back-up sounds from the Enterprise Rent-a-car van. This may disturb some people.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I travel for business at least 25 times per year, so I've seen a lot of hotels and their staffs, but this place gets my award for worst. I'll get right to the point.

Pros:
*Location

Cons:
*Lamp in my room was broken and never fixed
*I was told to sit anywhere at breakfast one morning, then approached by a fellow guest who told me I was in the seat he had been given by the hostess. Not a big deal, but embarrassing and inconvenient.
*One night I smelled smoke in my room that smelled even stronger in the hallway. Another guest described an electrical popping noise she heard in a room near mine to hotel staff. Hotel staff appeared to not be able to find the problem and just waited until the smell went away. Not sure if follow-up was performed. High-rise hotels are a very, very bad place to be in a fire (I was on a high floor).
*I put a room service breakfast order door hanger on my outside door knob for breakfast before going to sleep. The kitchen called 30 minutes before my order was scheduled to arrive (waking me up) and asked for clarification on my order (which was only eggs and coffee...you order by putting checks in check boxes and I know I filled it out correctly). Then, at the end of the delivery time window I had selected, the kitchen called and said, "We can't give you breakfast because the computer is down and we can't charge you for it." Really guys? Miserable customer service. They, like every other hotel I've ever stayed at, could have charged my credit card (which they had on file) when the system came back up. My advice, stick with Hilton or Marriott chains.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hmadison