“Not what I expected...”

Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm not normally a fan of Radissons, or of airport hotels, but this was a pleasant surprise. Clean and fairly spacious rooms, pleasant and helpful staff. Airport shuttle guy went out of his way to help us, as did the concierge, and it's just a block or two to the metro.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Aaron P
Tim H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your positive feedback and we hope to have you back the next time your travels bring you back into the area!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel

Reviewed July 17, 2014

As a Club Carlson gold elite member, I experienced worst treatment here. They claim they will provide benefits for its elite member like room upgrade, late checkout, welcome gift and some nice stuff to its loyalty member. However, when I checkin at this one. They didn't even say anything related to these benefits. When I ask for a late checkout, they act like I am asking for something ridiculous! I remembered the guy at front desk is Tim, who is rude and ignorant. If you want to experience elite treatment when you visit DC, there are lots of other hotels there like holiday inn.

Room Tip: I have no idea. They won't let you choose.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear lostrainbow

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. First and foremost I want to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that may have occurred during your stay. We strive to service our guest and especially our loyal Carlson Gold Club Member such as yourself and on this occasion we did not exceed your basic expectation;

I am disappointed to hear your negative experience with us. I am sorry if your stay at our hotel fell below your standards due to our treatment during your stay. Additionally, I apologized for the troubles you have encountered with our staff attitude. We take pride in our Yes I Can culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. Yes!!! As you are our Carlson Club member (Gold and Concierge), you were supposed to have upgraded room and special gift when you checked in. Also we are extending superior member’s late checkout time. It is most disappointing to hear that our front desk was rude and ignorant to you. You received the service which was unacceptable. I will take the matter seriously and discus with our front desk agent to ensure that same problem does not occur for any of our future reservation.

Please accept my sincere apologies for bad experience during your stay. I would like to extend an invitation to you and your family to stay with us the next time your travel should bring you to Arlington, Virginia. At such time if you can be so kind as to contact me directly (703-842-1641) I will personally ensure that your stay is VIP; I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

I look forward in hearing from you and having the opportunity to have you back as a guest of ours.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Not exactly in a 'charming' part of town, but better than I expected when I found out the only hotel that fit my expense restrictions was an 'airport hotel'. The room was fine; a little traffic noise from the big highway (I didn't think to request a back-facing room, but I think the place was full anyway). Good free internet, decent coffee in the room, comfortable bed... and in fact, easy walking distance from a couple of good places to eat (Legal Sea Food, Jaleo), even though at first glance the area seems like nothing but steel and glass towers. Not a bad choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! It was a pleasure to have you here as one of our guests and we look forward to your next trip back to the Crystal City area!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here before travelling back to SA. What a great place. Easy to walk around as well as access to metro into centre of DC. Staff were great. Complimentary drink at the bar had me chatting with bar staff and guests until the closed the bar! Rooms are clean, wifi Super fast, and overall great experience!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Andrew W

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel newly refurbished. Great furniture in rooms. Fridge and micro. Too small for a double queen, however, most comfortable beds ever. Bathroom all new tiles and vanity. Done very nice however, again the smallest bathroom with no counter space and ceiling has been dropped there and in entry hall, probably to accommedate springler system. Easy chair was grand however there is no reading light. Coffee good and free in lobby during the week. Breakfast was good and bountiful. Chairs could have had more padding. STAFF was great from shuttle driver,to doorman, to front desk. Highly recommend. GREAT location.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joan C
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

I appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport. We are thrilled you enjoyed stay with us! Thank you for giving such well-rounded comments. We are so fortunate to have many wonderful employees that take such pride in taking care of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Located close to the Subway station, a lot of eating choices. Close to the DCA airport, quick shuttle ride. Rooms are at or above what you would expect for the price range. The only dislike I have about this hotel are too thick blankets in the middle of summer made me sweat the entire night. Hotel staff is attentive but short lines to the counters can form at times downstairs.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Denis L

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

My first impression was calling ahead to let them know I would be arriving early and I requested an earlier check in. They said the system was down and they could not help me. Once I arrived I decided to check with Solomon at the front desk if my room was ready. Before his words hit my ears the stench from his breath nearly made me gag. Others in my party further away got a whiff and turned queasy. He could not check us in and gave us the run around, all I wanted to do was run outside for fresh air. After finally getting checked in they put me in a double queen even though I had requested a king. They switched me to an unclean room with hair in the shower and stains on the carpet. Room 704 I bet they're still there.
Finally I must inform you if you are bringing a car park it in the most remote part of their lot. The parking spaces are very narrow and the lights very dim. I am unfortunately not surprised my car was hit while parked. Just very upset the hotel has NO cameras and takes no responsibility of my vehicle on their property. Yousif was the only good employee there I had an interaction with. He tried to help me after I discovered my car was hit in their parking lot. Unfortunately there was nothing the hotel would do to fix or pay for my car. It really is sad about the incompetence of the staff here. Otherwise the property is in a good location with decent amenities.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank JoshyRates
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing regarding your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for your bad experience.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I have forwarded your comments to all management of our hotel. I know we share our vision of providing the best guest experience possible, and are confident we will take the necessary steps to continue to improve their services. Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us and hope you will continue to choose Radisson hotel for your future travel needs.
If you would like to speak to our management, please contact me anytime. My direct number is 703-842-1641