“A lot of annoyances”

Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
san diego
“A lot of annoyances”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The quality of this hotel does not match the high price we paid.

Here are my negatives: A/C- heating is noisy. Temp control is very poor- I use my own thermometer to manually set the temps. Right now the thermostat is set at 78 deg. but the heating is not on. However, it did go on when I set it to 79 deg.

Housekeeping: Ran out of toilet paper before rolls were replaced. A full trash container took 48 hours to be emptied. Every day we got 2 bottles of water. Told them to take them away when 6 bottles accumulated. No shampoo bottle replaced after the first night. Thereafter we got 2 new bottles daily until they accumulated. Every day we got 2 soap packets until quite a pile of them accumulated.

Bathroom counter space consists of a small glass tray over the sink and the curved top of the toilet cover.

No coffee is available in the lobby on the weekends. Also, the restaurant does not open until 8:00 am on the weekends.

TV remote battery needed replacement when we arrived.

I tried to log on the internet on a Sunday and couldn’t. Called front desk and was told that passwords are changed every Sunday. It would have been thoughtful to tell people this at check-in.

Refrigerator’s freezer compartment had no ice cube trays.

Don’t want to spend $14 for a breakfast buffet? Minutes away are a 7/11 and a CVS with plenty of breakfast foods.

When I tried to checkout via the TV’s checkout screen. Couldn’t do it and was told it was not connected. (Then why not remove it as an option?)

A bunch of relatively minor complaints, but for the $1400 we paid for the week, I expected a better managed hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway are noisy
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to the Radisson Family of Hotels and for taking time to share your feedback with us as well as the TripAdvisor Community. We often hear great things about our team and feel they are the heart of the hotel. Our team is consistently on point allowing all guests to have a brilliant experience.
Please accept our apologies that your recent stay did not exceed your expectation. Please know that your issues and concerns have been addressed and we have used them to improve the level of our guest experience we offer at our hotel

Our goal is to not only meet your expectations but to exceed them and make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We will continue to work to provide the experiences we know we can and hopefully get the chance to be of service in the future.

Please again accept our apologies and we hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff was very welcoming, the beds were very comfortable, and the linens were great, too.

I have been staying at various hotels in the Arlington area and this one will keep me coming back! It's unassuming from the outside but surprisingly luxurious when you get inside. The restaurant staff is first class ~ and the food was great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport
We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back next time.
Moraga, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here the first night of a lobbying event to avoid paying DC hotel prices for one night. I booked about three months in advance and got an AAA rate of $99 for the night...what a steal!! They picked me up at Reagan Airport the night of my stay. I was pleasantly surprised to find this place is much nicer than one would think based on the exterior photos. The room and bathroom was large, modern, clean, and tasteful. Front desk staff were very helpful--I had them phone me a taxi into Washington and it was there by the time I got downstairs. I got room service for breakfast since I was in a hurry and although expensive it was elegantly presented and tasty. Don't judge this place by its cover; it is a hidden, decently-priced gem but ONLY IF YOU BOOK EARLY. The only thing I didn't like is I stayed on a Sunday night but had I stayed one or two more nights the price would have been $161 per night (which I suppose is still a good deal for what you're getting in the Washington DC area). I am headed back there for this year's lobbying conference as well for the same price!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Zachary S
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! I am even more delighted that our hotel met your expectations. Thank you for giving such well-rounded comments. And we are so fortunate to have many wonderful employees that take such pride in taking care of our guest.
I hope you will continue staying with us when you travel to Washington DC and look forward to welcoming you back.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

First the advantages: on Jeff Davis Highway close to the National Airport and a quick trip (but not during rush hours) over the 14th Street Bridge into DC. Large adjacent parking garage. Physically next to the Hampton Inn and Suites so that you can move easily if you don't like it. Relatively good price and value, given the overpriced DC market. Large rooms. Large number of restaurants located along 23rd, within easy walking distance....both international chains as well as small independent owner operator ones. Rooms are better inside the the hotel appears from the outside. Reasonably helpful staff. Internet works reasonably well and connecting is relatively easy, speed is average (don't expect great speed for your connection). Disadvantages: more than you may be used to paying for a Radisson, hotel is not physically or aesthetically beautiful, so don't expect a great visual experience. Breakfast is free but compared to similar setups at other hotels, relatively mediocre. Mechanical systems are rather noisy and slow to heat/cool the room.

Room Tip: Rooms that back west rather than towards the Jeff Davis Highway have a less appealing view but are q...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank og84
Stephanie W, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know about your stay. We use our guest feedback as our most effective way to listen to our guests and improve our service accordingly. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the location as well as the price.

We are excited to inform you that our hotel is in the process of renovations! We do not have a set date for when the process will be complete but I can assure you, it will be in the near future. Your concerns regarding the mechanical system have been brought to our Chief Engineer, who will be looking for the best solution to ensure a similar situation does not occur for any of our future guests. The next time you are in the area, I hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

I want to thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention so we can address them and continue to grow as a hotel. We do our best to provide outstanding service and accommodations and we thank you for providing us with the means to do so. If your travels bring you back to the area it would be our pleasure to have you back as our guest!
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is an absolutely average hotel. It's clean, but a bit tired. The food is passable and unremarkable. The heating/cooling unit is loud, as is the television in my neighbor's room. The toiletries are tiny but they do smell nice. The towels are scratchy. The bed is comfortable. This is a perfectly fine place to stay for a night (I'm here because I have a very early flight tomorrow) but I would not want to be here for more than that. It was the least expensive option amongst the hotels around Nat'l Airport and I'm getting what I paid for and that's just fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us.
It was very pleased to note that our room was clean and bed was comfortable during your stay.
On the other hand, I am disappointed to hear that your stay did not exceed your expectation. Currently our hotel is undergoing renovation in order to provide better accommodation to all our guests. I will bring your all matters and share with our management team.
Our goal is to not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is obviously a delayed review, but I wanted to make sure I did leave one either way. Got a great price on the room during the cherry blossom festival last year, and had a great experience while we were there. The check in process had a hiccup, but the woman working the front desk that day was very helpful. Initially she couldn't find our info, but she diligently continued to work on it and eventually located it. The room was very nice & clean..pretty comfortable beds too. When we travel we always use public transit when possible (hey, we're from NYC), and while the metro isn't right by the hotel, it's not too far of a walk..maybe 5-7 min to the Crystal City metro station. We also rented bikes, using the city's "spotcycle" around the corner, and rode along the Mt Vernon Trail nearby, which was very nice. There's also a lot of local restaurants/pubs/bars around the corner from the hotel on 23rd St. And obviously a stone's throw away frm DCA. Great stay overall!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Codemiester85
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am pleased to note that our front desk service and room were highlights of your stay and our location was convenience for your trip. We are so fortunate to have many wonderful employees that take such pride in taking care of our guest.
Thank you again for the feedback. We are proud to serve you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great value and clean hotel. I would certainly stay here again. When offered a choice of free parking or breakfast, I would certainly take the free parking. Shuttle service is free and reliable, No complaintsv

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tim H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for giving such well-rounded comments.
I hope you will continue staying with us when you travel to Washington DC or Arlington Virginia and look forward to welcoming you back.