“Normally I would consider this hotel 3stars but for 200/night big let down”

Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Hawthorne, New Jersey
“Normally I would consider this hotel 3stars but for 200/night big let down”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was disappointed in general with the sense of hospitality of the staff from the moment I checked in.
I was greeted by an unfriendly night manager with no smile or warm welcome.
Next night I went down to sit at the bar for some food at 10:15 and the restaurant closes at 11:00p I was greeted by another unfriendly bartender letting me know she was making last call so I opted to go out for dinner. When I returned I bought some things at the front desk from an older overnight manager he actually placed the plastic bag on the counter so I can bag my own things. I ordered room service the following night. a beef quesadilla. they called back to let me know they were out. I agreed to have the chicken instead. When I received my meal there were items missing and when I called to ask for them thinking they forgot the room service attendant replied I know we were out so we didn't send it. This was not the first time they did it. I got a coke instead of a diet coke, they sent my dinner up without silverware. The sodas are warm cans. Finally I asked if they could just give me a credit for my meal since I was so wrong. They actually came to pick my meal up and I never received a credit slip. This hotel obviously has no steak in hospitality business this usually stems from the top.

Room Tip: make sure there is no joining door or u will hear every word from next door. very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best Yes I Can! service. We apologize for the room service experience, the bar service, and the front desk service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent a week at this hotel as part of a Road Scholar session. The hotel got high marks in every way but the food. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast everyday and I would have to say that the offering was not what I would have expected. The choice of cereals was more geared to kids (Fruit Loops, etc) that senior adults. I would have preferred bagels or english muffins rather that the sweet rolls that were offered. Was glad that was the only meal we had there each day.

Other than that, the accommodations were very good and the convenient parking garage next door was very handy. It was a short walk to the Metro and there were many restaurants within an easy stroll from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

This was my first ever trip to DC so I really didn't know too much about the hotels. But after staying in this hotel, I won't ever have to decide on where to stay again. This hotel was THAT good. From the price and short ride (which they provide) to the Reagan airport to.the short walk to the subway station, this hotel was perfect. The decor and cleanliness was too notch and the staff was VERY friendly. It has a good bistro restaurant next to the lobby that's affordable. I plan on making this my permanent DC hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Bill M
Vermont
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This hotel was reasonably priced and close to DC. A quick cab or subway ride brought me to the heard of the city. There were restaurants near by and a very efficient shuttle to pick up and drop off at Reagan National.

The staff were helpful and friendly. The room clean and spacious.

I rated down on click due to not receiving my Club Carlson benefits.

I would return.

1 Thank sb631
Madison, MS
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I travel on business and sometimes being a woman traveling alone can be a little uncomfortable. Everyone at this hotel has been so nice. Dewan in the Bistro was so attentive and made me feel relaxed and welcome. I love to cook, and he answered my questions about the food and was patient when I could not decide on my dessert! Thank you for being just what I needed after a long week of travel. Pamela L.

1 Thank Pamela L
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend while visiting some friends in Arlington. The location couldn't have been more convenient to Northern Virginia. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was spacious and nice. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The parking was not too expensive and the garage was very convenient. For a weekend the garage and the restaurant were surprisingly not crowded. Everything about this hotel just worked out well.

One warning - there's no elevator access from the garage, so you'll have to carry your suitcases up or down half a flight of steps if you want to go to your room from the garage. It's better to bring up your heavy stuff right from the lobby at check-in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jfranco77
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Took an intergenerational sightseeing trip to DC 9/6- 9/9. We had two adjoining rooms. Everything was clean, comfortable, quiet and the staff was so accommodating. They even dispatched the shuttle bus to give us a lift to a nearby restaurant that was a bit far for Grandma to walk. The location is just a couple of blocks to the Metro, and a few minutes to the mall. It's a good pick.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family