Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Austin, Texas
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed there three nights during our 4th of July DC tour. The hotel is situated close to the metro station (Crystal City) and it takes less than 10 minutes to go there (walking). Good amount of restaurants around there. Friendly staff, clean and decent rooms with quick check-in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Polish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I spend more than 15 days in this hotel it was a worst time in my life , because of a shuttle car , they prefer people going to the airport than the others , and nobody care a bout others who they want go to pentagon city mall or any other places ... most time I was calling more than three time after 40 to 50 minutes shuttle doesn't show up as usual ! And they say shuttle car at the airport he will be there after 10 to 15 minutes and nothing , so I have to take a taxi after 40 to 50 minutes Of waiting the shuttle ! Did the airport people paying more than others??? What is the problem ???
Gring

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Booked for my son and his new wife leaving for Florida after the wedding, arrived after midnite, room was 86 degrees, kids didnt get to sleep at all , complained via email. Instant response, waived the charges for room, $90 plus their breakfast before leaving, they apologized many times, a fluke I would assume, but they made it right.

Room Tip: If your arriving late, call have temp in room set for your arrival .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Round Lake, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hi,

I recently stayed at the hotel, 7/12/-7/15. Here is my experience.

When I checked I was a little turned off by the arguing between the two front desk attendants, but I didnt allow that to affect me much. When I went into my room, I noticed there was a "basement smell" Then noticed that the sheets and carpets were damp....(Still not sure what that was about) I notified the front desk and they switched me to a clean and dry room.

Now, here is where the cockroaches come into play. While getting dressed for an early morning meeting, I looked down and saw a huge cockroach. I was disgusted and felt violated. I notified the front desk, the guy then tells me this isnt the first time cockroaches have been found in the rooms.

Please do not stay at this hotel. If you have to, please check your belongings before leaving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nick M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
I wanted to thank you for waiting for me to arrive on the morning of your checkout so we could personally discus what had happened during your stay. I sincerely apologize about the issues you faced and again wanted to remind you that this is a rare occurrence that we are currently working to rectify.

I'm glad you gave us the chance to reimburse you monetarily and help you relocate, but I understand that these instances are hard to forget and do leave a lasting impression and we cannot apologize enough about how that impacted you and your fellow travelers.

Thank you again for making sure management was made aware of this so we make sure this issue is resolved.

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

mexico
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Reserved well in advance requesting a silent room, not connected. I got a noisy room, connected. The hotel is dirty,and most of the staff really don't care too much. My brother in law choose the Marriot courtyard for half the price and told me the staff was great. This will be my last stay in a Raddison after too many bad experiences.

Room Tip: All room face either the noisy street in the back or the noisy street in the front. The ones in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noisy and connected dirty room. We also apologize for the staffs attitude. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ended up in this hotel as last minute had made a mess of my booking for the Hampton inn. The manager Nik was fantastic and really helped us out as we had already paid for 3 rooms in the Hampton that could not accommodate us. The hotel was great with only a few minutes from the metro. The beds were very comfortable and room very spacious the only thing that we do like is to have breakfast and it was quite pricey so it would be the only reason we don't use Radisson hotels.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The room was great. Clean, comfy bed, big tv.
I was close to the elevator, so was a bit noisy, but not too bad. Nice restaurants just around the corner.
Disappointed one night that room service closed at 11pm. I went on a night tour of DC and didn't get back to the room till 11:30pm and couldn't get any food. Not something I would expect from a hotel close to an airport!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. Try the ethiopian restaurant round the corner!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo