“Very close to the airport and restaurants”

Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Radisson. It was a little bit difficult to find, but once I did, I was very glad I chose to stay there. It is very close to the airport. There is self-parking at $20 a night. Once checked in by the friendly front desk staff and parked, I headed toward the room. Some of the halls do seem a little bit older and might need some renovation, but the room itself was clean, comfortable, and fresh. The view was pleasant. There is complimentary wireless internet, which I greatly appreciated. I was also surprised by the number of restaurants within walking distance. I was so glad to not have to drive in the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel (first time was 4 years ago), and the rooms are in need of a renovation, which is the reason for the lower score, compared to my previous review. Wall paper as well as the entry door, show signs of peeling. A small area of carpet near the in-room refrigerator was stained, but not too gross. We had an issue with our toilet not working properly, so it was reported the next morning before we left for site-seeing in DC, and upon our return to the room in the evening, the toilet was repaired. The room is nice for the price paid, it's distance from DC and it's just a block and a half from the Crystal City Metro station (we left our car parked in the parking garage). When visiting DC again, we'll still choose to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just returned from a business trip to the DC area. While I am normally "brand loyal" in the DC area, it is all about price and location. I took a chance based on the reviews on this site, and I paid an internet rate of $189 here. (plus tax) I was not disappointed at all in the property, location, cost. The property itself is very close to the Metro and the airport, and there are several restaurants in the area (Legal Seafood and Chili's right across the street). The hotel is older in style, but the rooms are a nice size, well-appointed, and clean. The staff is very accomodating, and they do have a van driver that will take you places in the area if need be. The breakfast was tasty - they do a larger breakfast bar. They do have room service too, and a nice bar in the restaurant. It isn't "fancy," but it works, is a good value, and I know I will stay there again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here Sun -Mon nites, Oct 14-15, room 626. This was near elevators and on the Jefferson Hwy side of the building. Room had a bit of a musty odor, though there was no visible mold and it was clean to touch. The bed was sort of hard.
Street noise was noticeable, and the climate control unit was a bit loud. Parking is 20 per day in garage. Facility is entirely non-smoking, so if you do smoke, you will need to go outside. 2020 restaurant inside had very friendly staff, prices were moderate, and the glazed salmon dinner was fabulous.

Room Tip: Try to stay in an odd-numbered room away from the Main road side.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We only stay one night, but all of the staff that we encountered were just wonderful and very helpful. We took the second shuttle of the day over to Reagan and the driver was so helpful (traveling with a 2 year old is not easy work!). The one downside was that they did not they sleep number beds as I thought all Radisson's did, but nice clean room for my little one and I. I would definitely recommend for a relaxing night before an early flight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is easy to get to and only a few minutes away from downtown DC and is close to the airport. It was far less expensive than any other similar hotels a comparable distance from downtown DC. I half expected that there would be something wrong because the price offered was less than the average. The rooms are large. The only glitch in service was that after arriving late one of the mattresses was deflated and did not have a control. The front desk sent the utility man who arrived within 15 minutes. Continental breakfast and coffee are available at 5, full breakfast service starts at 6. There is a workout room which is slightly better than average and a business center. Two blocks away on the same side of the highway there is a block of restaurants offering Italian, Mexican, American, and Ethiopian food. Parking costs $20 per day, but this is DC.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

When we checked in we were greeted by Patricia at the front desk. She was pleasant, personable and helpful. She voluntarily extended a courtesy to us that we didn't ask for and that she didn't have to do. She was typical of all the staff. The room was clean and comfortable, and the Sleep Number Beds were just as comfortable as ours at home. Management has trained their people well - they take pride in their work. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family