“Excellent Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We paid $102.00 a night for a King room which included 25% parking so parking was only $15 a day and we also got free breakfast each day per person which saved us another $15 per person! The breakfast was a full breakfast too, not just a few danishes and cold cereals. Each day there were scrambled eggs, backon, sausage links, waffles (do it yourself), bread, danish, cereal and fruit. The fresh fruit was also spectacular with melon, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and grapes. The service staff also brough you your juice and made sure you had refils and also got you any other beverage you needed.

The room was very clean and well-appointed with the usual chair and desk. There was also a very nice and large (36"-40") flat screen. As other reviewers have said the bath was on the small side but not European hotel small so we didn't find any issue with the size.

Staff was very nice and helpful in all parts of the hotel. They have a nice pool too with a full-time lifeguard which was interesting because the pool max depth was 5'. However, if you had children this would be a great comfort knowing a full-time trained lifeguard was on-duty.

The hotel also provided one free bottle of water a day and complimentary copies of USA Today. Radisson - if you read this, it would have been awesome if you had provided one bottle of water for each guest staying in the room especially since it was over 100 degrees each day we were there:)

The hotel was also a couple of blocks from the Metro station so our car never left the garage. No matter how crowded the trains get you really don't want to drive in DC, between the traffic, pedestrians, tour buses, city buses and confusing roads. Train was only really crowded one day but that was more our fault because we decided to ride it out of DC (along with everyone else) at rush hour on a Friday. A little smarter planning on our part would have eliminated this one small thing.

Another nice perk is the nearness of restaurants. two blocks away on 23rd street is a great collection of restaurants. We ate at one of the Italian restaurants there (see separare review of Tagolio) where the food was spectacular and the service great. WARNING - you might see a listing for a Crystal City Steakhouse online, yes it has "strip" but not steak but rather "strippers". Odd thing is they have glass doors at the entrance and from the vestibule into the main area with no doorman so you can see the strippers from the outside or in our case walk right into the main room before you realize what is going on. Funny story for our group of adults, might not be so amusing if you have children. However, this establishment is on the other side of the main road from the other great restaurants so won't be an issue if you go to the main section.

Will stay here again when I visit the DC area in the future.

Room Tip: Pick a room that doesn't face the main street, Jefferson Davis, can be a little on the noisy sid...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Checked into the Radisson Reagan National in Crystal City, VA for a one night stay for the Big Night promo. Paid $80.10 on a AAA rate. They do charge $20 for parking, but that is average in Crystal City.

At check in the agent said that I was upgraded to a Penthouse Suite, but it was not ready yet (it was only 3:00PM), and I said no problem, I would wait. I had an office meeting I needed to dial into anyway and proceeded to the bar area. Bar was not open yet, but I found a small table with a plug nearby and did my meeting. After the meeting was over, proceeded to check-in.

Wow, is all I can say. It was a newly refurbished suite with 2 bathrooms. The master bath had a jucuzzi tub and seperate shower. All done in grey marble. There was a wet bar with a large fridge and microwave. Large 46" flat screen in the living room and smaller 42" in the bedroom. Many HD channels. King size Sleep Number bed. There was also a large rooftop patio with several wicker chairs, table, and a lounger.

I splurged for a room service breakfast and truly enjoyed my stay. I will definately come back.

If you ever need to stay close to Reagan, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a business class room and perhaps you will get one of the Penthouse Suites.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This Radisson is average when it comes to the various hotel options in the Crystal City area of Arlington, VA. Some of the staff are great and some are average. Some of the amenities are nice and others are average or below. So, if you need a place to stay that's convenient to the Arlington/WDC area, and you don't have great expectations, then this hotel might be right for you! I got to know the hotel well, since I stayed there for almost six weeks on business. They advertise sleep number beds, but the 3 different rooms I stayed in did not have the sleep number bed. It was comfortable however. In one room the microwave made an awful noise when working and in another room the air conditioner made quite a bit of noise when the fan was on. At the time I was there, I needed wired internet access, and the entire 8th floor I found out did not have that working due to a bad switch or something. They moved me to a different room and floor, but then they had trouble with the internet (even wireless) off and on throughout the beginning part of my stay. The pool is on the roof of the parking garage (which cost you $20/day to park there), and is adequate, but small with not a lot of extras that make it a special relaxation area. Negash and Solomon at the front desk were both extremely polite and helpful hosts, and were a bright spot amongst a rather average to below average group of staff. The breakfast buffet at the in-house restaurant was nice, with lots of fresh fruit that I enjoyed - and was also grateful for the complimentary breakfast ticket, as I see the breakfast buffet would normally cost $15+ per person (I really don't think it was worth $15 overall). Nearby are the Crystal City shops, which includes fast food eateries to seafood and steak houses. For business travelers, this hotel works fine for a comfortable place to stay and work, but it definitely is on the average end of business hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevators to keep noise down. Also, if you get a room on the front side...
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our stay at the Radisson was comfortable but not anything special. The room was clean and neatly appointed. When we arrive the room was very cold, very good air conditioner. Parking was $20 pe night in a garage adjacent to the hotel. The parking spaces were very small, not much room to spare. The restaurant was extremely slow and seemed overpriced.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We decided to go to DC at the last minute, and most of the town was booked due to 300,000 girl scouts being in town. The gentleman at the front desk was very apologetic, as the room we requested wasn't available, and he offered me a complimentary soda while I waited; then he upgraded our room for no additional cost. We chose this location so that we could leave our car at the hotel ($20 per day), and utilize the Old Town Trolley to see all of the sites in DC. It picks you up outside the hotel in the morning, and it drops you off in the late afternoon. You can buy a 1 or 2 day pass online or from the nice lady in the hotel gift shop. The beds were comfortable (but one of our sleep number beds didn't work). We did not eat in the hotel, as breakfast was an extra fee, and we were in a hurry. For dinner, we ordered pizza delivery and watched a movie in our room. Our room had a refrigerator and flat screen tvs.

Room Tip: They have a nice lifeguard on duty at the small unheated outdoor pool on the 4th floor roof.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Radisson Hotel Reagan National Airport is a small, but well appointed hotel, with an outdoor (seasonal) swimming pool, fitness room, small gift shop, business centre, and decent restaurant. Rooms are on the small/average size, and the bathrooms are small. A friend and I had a room with two double beds, which may account for the room feeling a little smaller than if it had one king. We asked for a room on an upper floor, away from the elevators, and we were accommodated, which was great, as we did not suffer with noise throughout the night. Unfortunately our request for early check-in could not be granted, but we were given a parking pass so we could leave our car while we went out for the day. We were able to check-in later.

So, we have a few positives. The hotel, and specifically the room, were clean. The breakfast buffet was substantial and I have no complaints about the quality of the food. Although the staff at the front desk could appear a little curt at times, they sometimes appeared to be short staffed. This could account for this behaviour. Other than that, one gentleman in particular was very helpful in offering suggestions for dinner in the area. Head over to 23rd St S for a huge variety of restaurants, including Thai, Italian, and Greek. The pool was nice, and was staffed by a lifeguard. The only disappointing thing was that it closed at 10pm. Finally, the metro station is only a couple of blocks away. I have to recommend to any traveller that this is the most convenient, and likely cheapest, way to travel while staying in the Washington D.C. area.

I only have a couple of negatives. I could not get the sleep number bed working on the first night, but when I asked for someone to come and check it out they were very prompt, and we got the problem resolved. Overall, I did not find it the most comfortable bed. My friend had no issues with his bed. The only other negative was not being able to check-in early, but really, that was my preference, and I realize it cannot always be accommodated by the hotel.

Overall, we were impressed by the hotel. I think that if you come without expectations of staying in a grand hotel, and are just looking for something relatively cheap, clean, and very well located, then you are going to get what you are looking for. Have fun on your stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors, away from elevators, and at the back of the building, are likely the best for...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 8 nights in July, 2012. The hotel seemed fine, but we found some real problems, which reduced the quality of the stay. First of all, the hotel did not provide a sleep-comfort bed, which was reserved. Second, there was a huge red stain (about 4 x6 feet) on the carpet next to the bed - was this a blood stain? Third, the bath tub and fixtures did not operate well. Fourth, soap, coffee and tea replacements, cups, etc. were not replaced unless requested. Fifth, the back door and steps (the main way to Metro) were littered with beverages and liquids for several days, until we mentioned it. Sixth, although the front desk staff was veryfriendly, they did not seem to understand our requests. All in all, we were somewhat disappointed with the quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a sleep number bed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple