“I recommend it!”

Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Positive points:
1) Location,just 100 metera from a nearest subway station and 3 stops to the Washington Mall,Congress,White House,etc.
2) Good hotel and honest price taking into account an expensive city like DC.
3) Good breakfast with choices.
4) Nice room and clean.
5) Parking facility despite payable.
6) Free internet in room.

Negative points:
1) No safe in room,only in the front desk,but is free.
2) Parking price: usd 20/day.
1) No safe in room,only in the front desk,but is free.

Room Tip: Preferable highest folies and front side.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport Hotel

Reviewed March 26, 2011

If you want to be woken up early to hammering and drilling and when you want to watch tv but not hear anything, stay here. When we complained about how I could't talk to my wife because it was so loud they said there was nothing they could do. We came here to relax and it has been anything but relaxing. When I asked for my money back they refused since I prepaid. I'll stick to the hampton inn and courtyard products in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2011

The hotel is close to the airport and the metro, and offers free shuttle service. It is one of the cheaper hotels in the area, and after staying there I understand why. First, it is right on Jefferson Davis Highway, and if you get a room that faces the road, it is VERY noisy. Second, there is a car rental place next door, and every time the car rental shuttle van backs up it makes that annoying beeping noise. It made that beeping noise ALL DAY and half the night.

There were some other issues. First, the carpet next to my closet and across from the bathroom was wet, and I thought they had just cleaned the floor so didn't complain. It remained that way for the rest of the night and into the next day however. The room also had an odd smell but I turned on the fan and that helped. In the middle of the night I found a note under my door, and it stated that "due to an emergency plumbing problem we will be shutting off the hot water from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.". Apparently it did not occur to management that some of us hoped to sleep in and take a shower after 10 am. It did not matter however, that I hoped to sleep late because at 7:30 a.m. (6:30 a.m. my time) they started POUNDING and working on the pipes! I finally gave up trying to go back to sleep and when I walked towards the bathroom noted that the carpet was still wet. I began to suspect that the wet carpet and strange smell was NOT cleaning solution but was connected to the plumbing issue. When I checked out I complained about the noise and the plumbing issue, but all I got was "I'm sorry about that." No offer to refund or reduce my money. I was hoping I found a new place to stay in DC, but after this experience will not return!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ppwillme
Reviewed January 16, 2011

This hotel is fantastic. We flew in early one day and left late, but the desk accommodated us by giving us our room early and holding all of our luggage the entire day.

It's within walking distance to the Metro, so no need to rent a car to get to DC. There are also plenty of local restaurants down the street.

There wasn't much trouble...so much as minor quirks. The maid never left us creamer or stirrers for coffee, so we had to get it downstairs...which actually worked out better because they have flavored creamer in the lobby :)

This hotel features Sleep Number beds (you can set the firmness of the mattress using a remote), but we'd have to reset it every night. Some times it would say the firmness was a 10, then if you pressed it once it would go up to a 70. We never figured out how to use the number system, but we slept just fine, which is the main thing.

Also, this hotel is surprisingly quiet especially being so close to DCA.

Other than that, we had a fantastic time and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Beware of their $20.00 a night parking. I checked there corporate web page then booked through AAA. ( http://www.radisson.com/arlington-hotel-va-22202/vaarling )When I arrived I found out that they charge for parking in their multi level parking garage that was almost empty. Mind you it was 130 am when we checked in. I asked to see the manager, the said it would have to wait till morning. I tried to contact the manager that morning and he conveniently away. Upon check out I asked to see the manager again he still wasn't in. I asked for an itemized bill which they gave me and there was no parking added. I checked with my bank a few days later and they had charged me for parking. Without my signature and I never got a receipt. I called customer service they said it would be 48 hrs for them to review it, it has been 6 days. Also the beds sucked one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The hotel in the Crystal City area in Arlington, VA ,easy to reach with the Blue line from Washington DC, close to the metro stop. Quiet area of conference hotels not too far from DC.
Loved the beds with sleeping number (when you can regulate the firmness of the mattress), the room and the bathroom were clean and tidy, free use of the business centre, so it's all good about this place, we didn't need anything else.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We had reserved a king suite with a separate living room, we got a standard king...no price difference. Manager said a wedding was still occupying our reserved room and the reservationist made a mistake. The manager Tim, did nothing to fix the problem other than offer us a free breakfast...big deal. Radisson Hotels have really falling down over the years and no longer are worth the money. The bathroom vent had not been cleaned in years (Looked gross while you were in the shower) and the room always had some funky smell. Look at other hotels.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple