“good steak and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ted's Montana Grill

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #5 of 870 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wasilla, Alaska
“good steak and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

went to restaurant and got a basin steak really good steak and the value was fair, service was good get there early as the place gets really crowded

Visited March 2014

Reisterstown, Maryland
“Aweful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The first and we think the last time here.
a) at 4pm the hostess having 90% of the tables vacant placed us at the very unappealing boot facing women restroom door and service station right behind it.
b) ordered wedge salad, chicken and Delmonico bison entrees. Salad was OK, Chicken was mediocre but still eatable, Bison was raw instead of medium rare and so salty that after 2 bites we stooped eating it.
c) Service was kind of "nice", but didn't care even to take back dirty dishes till the very end of the dining.
d) For that quality of experience the value is very poor.
No return for us.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DeWitt, Michigan
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Once again we had a great meal at Ted's every trip to DC we have one meal here (about 8-10 visits a year), and we have never been disappointed. We did something different trip and shared the chili and nachos, they were also delicious.

Visited March 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good Food - Horrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have been to other Ted's restaurants and have enjoyed them. I love Buffalo (or Bison) and they usually do a good job at it.

The problem was the service at this particular restaurant. We had a group of 9, including 5 kids, so I expected some wait when we arrived. However, the hostess told us just to give her "2 minutes" and she would get a table set for us. Within just a couple of minutes of arriving at the restaurant a number of other parties showed up - suddenly the entry way was jam packed. I saw another hostess whispering to the one that had greeted us and that is when things started going down hill. This second hostess came over and said it would be about 15 minutes. When I told her that the other hostess had gone to set up a table for us, she just turned away with no comment, and called another party of 4.

After 25 minutes we were ushered to a table. They had pushed two tables together for our party (which was what I had expected)....no problem. However, I noticed that sitting next to us were two parties of 4 that had come in after us but were seated before us. Those tables could easily have been put together for us 20 minutes earlier as we had been promised by the first hostess.

The problem wasn't just the wait. As I mentioned we had expected a wait when we arrived. It was the attitude of the second hostess. She was very aloof, almost to the point of being rude. Had it not been for the fact that others in our party really wanted to eat there, I would have left because of her attitude.

After we were seated the problems got worse, not better. The waitress came to the table with a bowl of pickles...no bread (which I have gotten at other Ted's). She took our drink orders and then we waited....nearly 15 minutes for drinks to arrive. When they did, the order was incorrect. My wife had ordered water with lemon and the waitress brought her a cup of HOT water with lemon. I ordered a Diet Coke with a lime....it came with a Lemon instead and on refills there was neither lemon or lime. Small details but important when you are paying for what you would like to eat or drink.

We ordered and waited....and waited.....by now things were going so poorly that I started keeping time. It took 47 minutes for the kids meals to be delivered and 55 minutes for the adult meals to be delivered.

There was a dinner roll on the plates, but no butter on the table or served with the meal. I had emptied my diet coke and it took 14 minutes for the waitress to ask if I would like a refill.

The food was good, but my Bison meatloaf and mashed potatoes were just barely warm. The squash casserole was very hot. My guess is that they plated the meatloaf and mashed potatoes before the casserole was ready.

No one at the table was asked if our food was prepared ok, or if we needed anything else until the waitress cleared my plate and then she asked if everything tasted good. A little late.

After the plates were cleared, it took 17 minutes to get the check.

I don't know if they were just having a bad night or if they really didn't want families at their restaurant. By the way, all of the kids were very well behaved, so there weren't any issues there.

I go to the DC area several times a year and I definitely won't be going back to this Ted's.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Had to try Bison”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Beef is also available. I understand both beef and bison are raised on the owner's ranch in Montana. I will definitely try to get bison locally.