“Good food, service and margaritas”
Review of Guapo's Restaurant

Guapo's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 893 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went on a Friday night and had to wait about 30 minutes for a table - I think this is pretty typical for weekends. We waited on patio as they hadn't yet opened outdoor seating for the season. Bar inside was packed an took me about 15 minutes to get a couple of beers while we waited, but bartenders were friendly.

We went with kids and the noise level was great as nobody noticed them! Might be a difficult venue for folks who don't like loud places. Waitstaff was very efficient and polite. They brought kids menus with crayons and chips and salsa (very good) very quickly. A little slower on drinks - I ordered a top-shelf margarita, and it was delicious. One of my companions really liked the house margarita but I avoided it due to overt sweetness.

Menu was extensive and divided into apps and then different meats and combos. Unlike typical Mexican restaurants, there was no "vegetarian" section. However, the menu had a green leaf next to each vegetarian option. I had an appetizer of plantains (yum) and a veggie combo with a chili relleno, cheese enchilada and spinach enchilada - it was too much with the beans and rice, and if I ever go back, I'll order the 2-combo rather than 3. Food was very good. My son loved his cheese quesadilla and my meat-eating friends seemed to enjoy their meals as well. Everything seemed high quality. Overall it was a great experience.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you do not agree, you clearly have not had their Carne Asada. Easily enough to feed two. Great chips and salsa. Good margaritas - a little pricey, but available in quantities that will make you forget or at least not care how much you paid. Be prepared to wait on Friday and Saturday evenings. Service is usually very good.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great spot for happy hour! I consider myself a tequila snob and while I'm not usually a fan of happy hour drinks, I give this restaurant 5 stars for their margaritas! Always packed, service is normally excellent, quick, and friendly.

Typical food for any Mexican restaurant but still along the traditional lines. I enjoy their fajitas, plantains, and fresh salsa!

I miss their buffet which allowed me to try items I may not order directly from a menu.

If you are looking for a great spot for happy hour - give it a try! You'll be hooked like me!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The service wals very fast and the waiter always smiling and the food was properly cook and great taste.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I live in Arlington and close to Shirlington. This is a great place to visit and relax with many restaurants and other shops within a radius of about two blocks. I have been at Guapo's many times for leisure family lunches and dinner; and for business as well. The Mexican food variety is awesome as it is the quality and the service they provide. When I am roaming the environs and in imperative need to pacify my moral and physical fibers; I do not hesitate to take asylum in Guapo's menu.

Its prices are a bit on the shrilling side, but it is worth the cash. Contemptible Mexican food with low prices leveled to its taste there are plenty around; but if you want to indulge your penchant palate with a fabulous steak, or with a remarkable fajita, or a tongue-stunning Chimichanga; indeed this is the place.

The restaurant is almost always as pack as a tin of Russian sardines, but this just attest to its popularity, the quality of the food, and its boisterous milieu. Sometimes the service lack speed, but it is perhaps because of the mare magnum of commensals at work, however; the waiters are always friendly and festive if you offer them a candid smile.