“Great food in a comfortable atmosphere”
Review of Me Jana

Me Jana
Reserve with OpenTable
Me Jana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 880 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Clarendon Blvd and N. Adams St.
Transit: Across the street from the Courthouse Metro stop.
Description: Fine Lebanese Cuisine in a warm upscale contemporary space.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great food in a comfortable atmosphere”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The food is fantastic! I agree that it's a bit pricey (2-3 plates per person are definitely needed), but it's well worth it. The seared halloumi is a must-try!

Service was pleasant and discreet; the atmosphere was a perfect blend of elegant but relaxed, intimate but not lifeless. Equally great for groups or a date.

• Visited March 2012

Bethesda, MD
“Lebanese & white table clothes - what else do you want?”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

For high-end Mediterranean/Lebanese without the Neyla price tag, come to Me Jana. A bit pricey but that doesn't seem to bother the diners. Great outdoor seating and service comes and goes. The mixed grill is great for sharing as are most of the appetizers. Good for a date or a group.

Visited August 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
“I'm tough on Lebanese food.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I had dinner. Some background on me. I'm Lebanese and my family cooks traditional mountain Lebanese food recipes from the 19th century. Our recipes and how they are prepared have not changed. I ordered: kibbeh- nayeh which was nice to see on the menu. It is made each morning and was 3/5 stars for me. I ordered: baba-ghannouj. It was very good: 4/5. I had Lebanese bread: 1/5. The bread was small, footprint size loaves that tasted bland, mass produced. Lebanese bread should be made from scratch and the loaves should be the size of a pizza. I had: loubieh-be-zeit. 2/5. I expected green beans in a tomato sauce type stew served hot or warm. It was served cold. Needless to say, they did not have refrigerators in the old days, so this is a poor modernation of the recipe. I would have ordered a meat pie. But they used ground beef instead of lamb. So, I ordered: lahem-be-ajeen which is a variation of a meat pie. 1/5. this dish was burnt to a crisp. Poor preparation. It should be soft and melt in your mouth. I did not taste any of it because it was burnt black. This restaurant has rave reviews. If only people could taste authentic mountain Lebanese food as my family makes it. As a side note, I'm searching for a kibbeh that is not deep fried (modernized). I have yet to find a restaurant that has it. But, I will keep searching.

3 Thank hobie0
Asheville, NC
“Super cuisine in a lively upscale setting”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

If you haven't tried Lebanese cuisine this is a great introduction. The menu is extensive and everything is prepared to perfection. Try the hot mezzes... Order several plates just like tapas and share them to get a very good sampling of the wonderful tastes and textures. We started with a very fresh Feta salad followed by several dishes, all of which were flavorful. The desserts are also special so try at least one!

Service was excellent and the ambiance is sophisticated but casual outdoor dining is available as well.

Enjoyable and a cut above the ordinary.

1 Thank AVLwriter
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Great food with great service”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We happened on this "fine dining" restaurant on a Friday afternoon when we weren't dressed for fine dining. However, they allowed us to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather at the outdoor cafe tables. Our waitress was very pleasant and happy to make some suggestions for us. She didn't go wrong- we loved everything we had and both felt it was the best Lebanese food we'd ever had. We're going back!

• Visited August 2012