“Good for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It's a good place for a group lunch. It's close to our office in Crystal City. Only issue is with parking on the street, which can be difficult at times.

Visited October 2013

Houston, Texas
“Best Spring Rolls Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've tried just about every Thai restaurant in the metro-DC area in search of some fresh spring rolls that beat Urban Thai's jai roll. They're amazing. I usually have two (or three) orders of those as my entire meal. Don't get tricked and order the other spring rolls as happened to the people sitting next to me. Best spring rolls I've ever had!

Visited October 2013
Richmond, VA
“Best Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The "Mix Green Salad" was one of the best salads I have ever had in any restaurant. The greens were fresh and crisp. The tomatoes were sweet and the dressing was delightfully light and delicious!

We stumbled on this restaurant recently when we were in Crystal City for a meeting. We were told there was a block of restaurants a short walk from our Hotel. We wandered up the street and on a whim choose Urban Thai. We we pleasantly surprised. Each time we now have a salad we compare it to the best salad we had at Urban Thai! Well done! We will be back when we are in the area!

• Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Better Thai Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Two Thai Choices on 23rd Street. I prefer Urban Thai.
The food preparation just appears fresher to me and perhaps a bit more authentic.

The other one, Top Thai, is good, don't avoid it based on my words! It appears somewhat more 'Americanized'. Just my impression. Strongly suggest that you try both restaurants for yourself, and decide.

I go for the basil chicken, from the lunch menu, but for a dinner entree. The chef is very accommodating in that regard. The menu has all the traditional Thai offerings and a couple specials every time I'm in. The latest 'new favorite' is the Shrimp Bikini appetizer.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank NoNumbersPlease
Alexandria
“Always reliable, hitting the spot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had a craving for Thai recently, so when a friend called out of the blue, we ended up going to Urban Thai. I always love going to this place -- the wait staff are very friendly, the service is fast, and the food is decent. Definitely a place where you can have a good working lunch. The restaurant never seems to be full, so there's room to spread out.

• Visited August 2013