“Dinner with Kids”
Review of Jaleo

Jaleo
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaleo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 888 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 23rd Street
Transit: We are a 5 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro Station, located on the Yellow and Blue Lines. To reach us, exit the Metro, go left on 18th Street, right on Crystal Drive, and walk 5 blocks to 23rd Street, finding us on the right. Or come halfway up the escalator, left into the Shops, and proceed to 23rd Street, turning left to Crystal Drive.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Excellent service Food was very good. We can't wait to go back again. We were seated immediately and waiter was at our table immediately.

There are newer reviews for Jaleo

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I went here with some friends when we were in town for a work conference. The place was packed and they had a great Sunday evening special. Unfortunately the great special was only if the entire table ordered it, so if 2 wanted it and 1 didn't you couldn't have the special. I have a odd food allergy and there was pretty much nothing on the menu that I could eat. They did find one thing that I could eat. It was all right but nothing to rave about. The dessert I had was delicious! I almost went back the next day for another order of the dessert, the Hazelnut Chocolate cake. Our service wasn't that great either.. We ended up having the manager bring us things because our waitress never came back.

I would not go back there other than for another dessert. My friends enjoyed their meal...

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Jaleo in Crystal City is one of the best happy hours in the area. Great deals and perfect with the small plates. I've been here in the evenings plenty of times, and I've never had any issues with the service.

Of all the places on Crystal Drive, I think this is the best spot for drinks after work - best tasting drinks (especially the sangria!) and small plates to tide you over until dinner.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

As a west coaster, I found the VA region difficult for my dietary restrictions. This restaurant had separate dairy and gluten free menus and the food was delicious and flavorful. I would go here again and again. Wish it was the only place I bothered to go in my VA long weekend.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I only stopped in for a quick bite around 2pm on Sunday afternoon, sat myself at a bar cocktail table. 36 mo. Iberico ham was so good, my head swooned and my eyes watered. Also tried the fritters combo which was good, but not that special. (Get the ham fritters not the chicken.)
Service was lacking as the bartender was slow (I couldn't get a second beer) although my "quick bite" took over an hour. Just dead-pan, glazy-eyed "order taking" is not befitting for the menu, the atmosphere, the price(!), or for chef Andres reputation. Food gets a 5 but the service gets a 3.