“Adequate Italian Food”

Ruffino's Spaghetti House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruffino's Spaghetti House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 880 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Glebe Road
Transit: The Metrobus Route 23 stops right at Lee Highway and Glebe Road.
Arlington, VA
“Adequate Italian Food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place has been here forever. It had been there a while when I moved to Arlington in 1977. It has changed over time. When I first got here, it was marginal, though their pizzas were good and kept them going. I went in a couple years ago and the food was bad. They have remodeled so the place is airier and lighter. They must have replaced the chef also because the food is better. We have been in twice this year. I had the veal picatta once and it had a good, sharp lemon taste. Not sweet (thank goodness!). Tonight I had the spaghetti with Marinara sauce and meatballs. It was okay. The sauce had a raw edge to it that meant it had not simmered long enough. The sauce needed more seasoning (no sense of garlic, onions or oregano, for example). And the matballs were bland. The waitress was friendly and efficient, and the food was out quickly. The place can be noisy. There is not a soft thing on any wall or window and noise reverberates. That is easily remedied. Some curtains on the windows and some wall hangings would make the stay more pleasant.

• Visited October 2012

Arlington, Virginia
“Good Basic Italian Food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

The food is good basic Italian food. Nothing fancy or complicated, but satisfying. My husband usually has the veal Marsala which he thinks is very good. I usually have the chicken piccata which is also good. The wait staff seems to constantly change, but they are friendly and efficient and do a good job of making sure special requests, for example, garlic and olive oil on the pasta rather than the usual marinara sauce. The restaurant was recently remodeled and is now a pleasant small restaurant for a family dinner - lots of pizza on the menu as well for the kids. Friday nights are usually full of families and can be a little hectic. Other nights are much quieter at this neighborhood favorite.

Falls Church, Virginia
“quaint location, gracious staff”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was invited to Ruffino's as an attendee for a dinner seminar. I found it a cozy small restaurant that the owners had rearranged for the presentation, closing the establishment to the public in order to host. The small space was fine for the seminar and had been rearranged nicely, the short traditional menu, including salad and choice of dessert, was adequate for most pallets. My eggplant Parmesan was good with a side of pasta and authentic cannoli. I'm encouraged that this small business would host an event for another small business. Waitstaff were courteous in keeping attendees served while not interrupting presenter. Reserved parking behind restaurant or nearby should be adequate for another visit to try the rest of the menu and patronize an engaged generous local entrepreneur.

• Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“NOT recommended”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

When my family and I visited Ruffino's we were severely dissapointed, especially because we had heard such good things about it. The interior of Ruffino's is cramped and tiny. When we went there it was loud and the food took some time to come. The waitress was OK, she definitely took her time. I am going to give Ruffino's the benefit of the doubt that the night we went was just a bad day. There was a large obnoxious party surrounding us in the restaurant. The kids were yelling and the parents were not much quieter. The food was far from good too. I ordered Fettucine Alfredo spaghetti. The Alfredo sauce was salty and dissatisfying. Every other member of my family was equally dissatisfied. I would not recommend Ruffino's to anyone visiting the Arlington area.

• Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really bad”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

What can I say? When you sit at a table and the very ancient grease on the table adheres to your arm, it's a bad sign.

Chef Boyardee makes better pasta, and it's cheaper.

We went once, and that was enough.

• Visited November 2011