I stayed here for a few nights in August on my way between New York and London. The hotel is pretty old but my room seemed clean. I think it's ok for the price. I wanted to stay near the airport and it seemed the best value for money. I was trying to save money but it was a bit of a hassle to get into town because you have to change trains and also depend on the hotel shuttle so next time I'll stay in the city centre. I didn't find the front desk staff particularly helpful on tourist info but I guess that's not why they're there.
There's a restaurant in the Comfort Inn next door where you can get food. I thought the breakfast was actually pretty good since it was free. They had a few different cereals, bread, bagels which you could toast, some hard boiled eggs and donuts. It was more than enough for me.
I only had two real complaints.
The first was that my room was next door to the breakfast room which I only realised the first morning when I woke up to the sound of other people talking as they ate breakfast from about 6.30am. So if you notice your room is next to the Eisenhower room ask to move if you don't want to wake up that early.
My other complaint was the shuttle. It doesn't go often enough and you can't rely on it. I was trying to get to the Reagan airport to get a connection to Dulles but the bus left early because it was full and so I had to wait an entire hour for the next one and ended up getting a cab all the way to Dulles. Also the shuttle isn't big enough. every time I was on it, there were people standing/crouching/sitting on the floor which really isn't safe, particularly as the driver is often speeding along the highways. Overall it was an ok stay but I wouldn't stay there again. I would stay in the city centre and pay extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Pentagon-Reagan Airport is a newly renovated, full-service Arlington, Virginia hotel featuring spacious rooms and suites, a business center, Full Hot American breakfast daily, shuttle service to Ronald Reagan Airport and to Pentagon City Metro Station between 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM everyday- just minutes from Washington, DC and the Pentagon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pentagon Hotel Arlington
- Best Western Hotel Pentagon
- Arlington Best Western
- Best Western Arlington