I stayed there with my 13 year old son during our recent 4 day visit to DC. Overall, the experience was above average for a motel which averaged a little over $100/night in the greater DC area. The rooms were VERY clean and had obviously been updated sometime in the last couple of years. Housekeeping did their job extremely well and I saw them even changing the blankets when people checked out (& you certainly don't find many places changing blankets these days).
It is obviously an older property and has some of the cosmetic issues with that age, but the management has done a nice job in updating. The fact that it is a completely non-smoking establishment is a real bonus...no residual smoke smell anywhere.
The location is fine...just off of I-395 with a 5 minute shuttle ride to the Pentagon City Metro. If you have a car, there are plenty of very good restaurants within a 10-15 minute drive and the neighborhood is decent (the motel is across the street from the Army/Navy club golf course).
Someone in an earlier review complained about the limited breakfast...which I don't at all understand. It is, after all, a CONTINENTAL breakfast!! They have several cereals, fresh bread/bagels/donuts and the waffle maker. There is plenty of coffee and juice and plenty of seating. If you have a family, it is an easy place to start the day.
The front desk staff was excellent...always friendly and helpful during our stay: One day the shuttle didn't stop and the clerk offered a cab to be paid for by the motel; another clerk checked us in on Southwest as I wouldn't be able to get to a computer in time to do so myself. I also saw them handle people who were upset about something in similar friendly manner when they could have been rude in return.
I would definitely stay there again for a similar trip to DC. It is not a destination hotel and doesn't pretend to be. It is a clean, well-run motel with very comfortable beds, good location, and good management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Pentagon-Reagan Airport is a newly renovated, full-service Arlington, Virginia hotel featuring spacious rooms and suites, a business center, Full Hot American breakfast daily, shuttle service to Ronald Reagan Airport and to Pentagon City Metro Station between 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM everyday- just minutes from Washington, DC and the Pentagon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pentagon Hotel Arlington
- Best Western Hotel Pentagon
- Arlington Best Western
- Best Western Arlington