“Poor shuttle service”

Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here this past week and intended to take the shuttle to pentagon city metro stop whenever I wanted to go anywhere and to also catch the shuttle back. Wrong. The shuttle was overpacked each time I tried to take it. I spent so much money in cab rides that I should have just spent that money and stayed at a hotel closer to a metro stop. Also, another review mentioned that someone tried to get into their room at 1:30am, the same thing happened to me while I was there. Scary

• Stayed: July 2013
GMPentagon, General Manager at Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
I really appreciate yoiu taking time to provide your feedback about the services and amenities at the Best Western Pentagon.
I am sorry to learn that you were very disaapointed with the shuttle service and rightly so if you could not get one during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
We run three shuttles every 30 minutes during peak hours both during day and in the evening and normally extend it when we feel necessary. This round trip is normally contingent on the turn around time for shuttle to go to Metro or Reagan airport. We realize that when guests arrive or depart during a short window it is tough to keep up with the volume despite shuttles running non stop during high occupancy days. We rarely encounter such problem as our driveers are very efficient in picking up the guests to avoid delays as far as possible.
I once again apologize for the issues and will try to ensure we tide over this problem in future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport

Reviewed July 20, 2013

NOT worth the money!!!! Room was old and falling apart. Paid lees for much better. Not good. Not good Not good NOT worth the money!!!! Room was old and falling apart. Paid lees for much better. Not good. Not good Not good

Dear Guest,
I sincerely apologize for your experience at Best Western Pentagon during your recent stay.
We at Best Western Pentagon stirve to make our guests comfortable at the same time offer them very competitive rates in DC Market. We have very spacious rooms and have all the amenities which 3 stars and above offer in the market. We take pride in our service to guests and try to resolve the problem once noticed.
I hope you give us another chance to prove our sincere commitment to our valued guests.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very outdated and in desperate need of remodeling. The tub was literally broken in pieces. The room stunk. The towels were stained. Absolutely no amenities like soap. The shuttle doesn't start until 6 a.m so really not good for an early morning flight. Not the hotel's fault but at 1:30 in the morning, someone tried to come into our room through the adjoining room. Pretty scary!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had a great friend in town for 24 hours so we wanted to get away and catch up. Best Western matched the deal on Hotel Tonight and checked us in 3 hours early! It was EXACTLY what we had hoped for - 2 big comfy beds, FREE breakfast, FREE parking and FREE internet - a rarity in DC! Could not have been happier and the price was perfect. Thanks Best Western for being such an affordable and hospitable place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is very old and smell pee. the bath tub was broken. I couldn't wait to leave this place. The front desk ladies was nice, that's about it. for $125 I was expecting more. The towels are old, carpet old, good thing they have shuttle who can drop you some places.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GMPentagon, General Manager at Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I really appreciate your feedback and assure you that we would definitely look into the issues pointed by you in your comments.
We are aware of the vintage of the property but tirelessly and constantly make efforts in all areas to keep the facility clean and offer amenties which would add to the value for the price paid.
We take suggestions seriously and will implement changes whereever needed to make experience better for our guests.
I hope you will give another chance to prove ourselves.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stated before my experience with this hotel and feel this stay was the worst I have ever experience. The bathroom had mold in it, there wasn't adequate space for toiletries, your staff invaded my privacy by entering my room without permission and when I brought this to your staffs attention they did not accept the fact that these issues are warranted.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking time to give your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.
We at Best Western Pentagon strive to ensure that we take this feedback seriously and implement changes or suggestion by our valued guests.
I am aware of the situation and we have trained our staff to knock the door before entering any room. I am told that the door was open and she assumed your check out. We also have a large vanity 4ft x 2ft for all the toiletries and know they are fairly adequate for the size of the hotel room.
I am sure you will give us another chance as in past to stay with us.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would not stay here again! they are rude, provide inaccurate information, and discriminatory. I stayed here, arrived very late and was given wrong information about the breakfast. When I realized it was right at the time it was shutting down. I called the front desk to advise them what happened and walked over to the reception building. The front desk clerk was talking where I could here him and I overheard him call me a liar and said I overslept to the manager. When I tried to discuss both issues with the manager he told me he wasn't going to talk to some WOMAN and didn't have to, and walked away. He said he gave me 1000 points that should be good enough, and if I didn't be quiet he would take those back. He then walked away. I also found doors to room left standing open that were unoccupied at 1am. The housekeeping knocked on the door when I was in the shower and within 30 seconds opened it. How about time to say just a minute? It was a musty dirty property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bamagirl0269
GMPentagon, General Manager at Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking time to post your comments and give us your feedback.
As GM of the hotel I am not aware of any situation like you mentioned has come to my knowledge.
We at Best Western Pentagon strive to go beyond our call of duty to ensure that our customers are fully satisfied and do not discrimnate against any valued guests who use our facility.
I appreciate you contact the GM to explain the situation to ensure we make things right.

Amit Vasavada